Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 119 Discussion - 2014 Subscription Fan Q&A Special!

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Exactly. Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. I'm thinking one lower torso, an upper torsos, (like a normal figure) one mid (Sagitar only unique sculpt tool) connecting torso, and another familiar looking upper torso. He would re-use parts like any other figure and not be a 100% tool like Shadow Weaver was. That would match his animation model more then his original action figure that was more horse like.

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...R-what-is-this

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    He's confident the sub will go through without having to reveal anything. If you listened to the podcast you know Scott refuses to even entertain the idea that this line will fail.
    The Coach's job is to tell us to go defeat the other guys right before we pray to god.
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 11:26am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    A Galactic Guardians 6 figure box set would be AWESOME.
    What a great way to round out or add to the faction. SUPER IDEA
    It could include: Kayo, Vizar, Darius, Spinwit, Artilla, and Nocturna.
    (Sagitar and Tuskador are coming in 2014/2015)
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

One thing I keep hearing Scott saying in regards to the high tooling for the POP girls is that they have tails. To my knowledge, none of them have tails....or am I totally missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    One thing I keep hearing Scott saying in regards to the high tooling for the POP girls is that they have tails. To my knowledge, none of them have tails....or am I totally missing something?
    Not tails, but quite a few have something on their backside. Angella, Flutterina and Sweet Bee all have wings (none of which could be reused between any of the 3 as they all look unique to the character) and then Peekablue has her feathers.

Mermista and Scorpia.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

I think that's a Mermista reference.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I guess I can see the Mermista and Scorpia referenes. Though for Mermista isn't it more of a tail fin? I know, it's just semantics. I see what you guys are saying. Just didn't know if we were going to see Sweet Bee with a tail or something

I still think the sub should be one figure per month like it used to be. For people who have a cost issue with the sub this would have guaranteed a sub purchase. Having extra quarterly, beasts etc just gets too much.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I still think the sub should be one figure per month like it used to be. For people who have a cost issue with the sub this would have guaranteed a sub purchase. Having extra quarterly, beasts etc just gets too much.
    I'm of two minds about this. On the one hand, I kind of agree in that it does make it easier to afford having just one figure per month.

On the other hand, it is now a race against time to get as many characters out as possible before the line ends.... both in terms of costs to make the figures rising and just general interest and subscribers in the line.

As it is they have reduced the amount of quarterly items from 8 down to 4 (there used to be 4 quarterly variants AND 4 quarterly beats/multipacks/giants/etc... now it's just 4 quarterly items altogether). Plus in 2014 the most expensive quarterly item is $40. We aren't getting another $75 multi-pack of Z-list figures, so that will make things a little easier on the wallet.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Exactly. He would re-use parts like any other figure and not be a 100% tool like Shadow Weaver was.
    I agree - Sagitar definitely would not need to be 100% newly tooled. He could re-use arms the legs from the standard buck.

We want more Val!!! We know you're busy and ENGAGED now.....but come on We love our Gooble!!!
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    We want more Val!!! We know you're busy and ENGAGED now.....but come on We love our Gooble!!!
    THIIIIIIIS---^ Been listening to older episodes to tide me over, but I'd love a post Power-Con/Pre NYCC or hopefully post NYCC episode.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'll happily take 112 & 113
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

When were those recorded -- January?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

It's been a while. That's why I may still scrap them.

As I push 40, I have lost almost all patience for angry nonsense and petty fan bickering. So, I'm sorting some things out at the moment. I want RGB to be an enjoyable escape. I want it to be about having fun and enjoying the hobby. Criticism is a-ok but it doesn't need to be self-centered, bitter or resentful. So if I'm going to spend 6 to 8 hours editing an episode, I need to know it's fun for me and most folks listening to it.

My apologies for no new episodes. I'll get it sorted out.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

As I push 40, I have lost almost all patience for angry nonsense and petty fan bickering. So, I'm sorting some things out at the moment. I want RGB to be an enjoyable escape. I want it to be about having fun and enjoying the hobby. Criticism is a-ok but it doesn't need to be self-centered, bitter or resentful. So if I'm going to spend 6 to 8 hours editing an episode, I need to know it's fun for me and most folks listening to it.

I hope you can realize that I was just messing around with my post. We all get busy and can't get to everything we want to always in a timely manner. No one is bickering or being furious over it.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD FALLEN ELDOR View Post
    Exactly. Perhaps I didn't explain it well enough. I'm thinking one lower torso, an upper torsos, (like a normal figure) one mid (Sagitar only unique sculpt tool) connecting torso, and another familiar looking upper torso. He would re-use parts like any other figure and not be a 100% tool like Shadow Weaver was. That would match his animation model more then his original action figure that was more horse like.
    I think that's a very likely approach for exactly the reasons you give; it would also make him look more natural standing straight (less like a horse rearing and more like a humanoid).
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by HordakQuack View Post
    I hope you can realize that I was just messing around with my post. We all get busy and can't get to everything we want to always in a timely manner. No one is bickering or being furious over it.
    Sorry, I was talking about in general. Not the posts asking about new episodes.

Heroic Warrior
    Out of the remaining, non announced POP characters, Mermista and Peekablue have tails...

Sorry, I was talking about in general. Not the posts asking about new episodes.
    Hope you can sort through the fan BS and bickering and still find the heart of what drives your interest in this hobby, Val, because we all love us some Roast Gooble!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

RGD is an escape for me, every episode. I have a job that can be taxing on all levels, so I listen to RGD on my way home to decompress and leave work at work. I have listened to your Christmas 2010 episodes over and over again, as well as any of the episodes with Eric and Scott. Every new episode is like Christmas and look forward to em all.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior

It may sound a bit harsh, but if this causes you so much stress and/or discomfort, why don't you just let it go?
    As sad as it would be to let RGD die. I appreciate the work every one of you puts into it. It was always enjoyable and informative to listen to you folks. Thank you for that!
    But does RGD have to be all about fun? I always saw you and your other hosts as a voice of reason, a mediator and a bridge between the fans and Matty. Sometimes there are serious questions and criticism out here about Motu, Mattel and MotU Classics in specific.
    Please do not shy away from publishing new episodes for the sole reason of themes touching something that might uncomfortable for one party or the other. Do not let anyone silence you and do not try to silence anyone who speaks his/her mind. A good community will stand criticism if it is legitimate.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar

hey man! sorry to hear it has worn your patience. dont lose sleep on account of some fans. do what you do! and if you want to stop, we support your choice! take care!

TechTrek

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthKant View Post
    It may sound a bit harsh, but if this causes you so much stress and/or discomfort, why don't you just let it go?
    As sad as it would be to let RGD die. I appreciate the work every one of you puts into it. It was always enjoyable and informative to listen to you folks. Thank you for that!
    But does RGD have to be all about fun? I always saw you and your other hosts as a voice of reason, a mediator and a bridge between the fans and Matty. Sometimes there are serious questions and criticism out here about Motu, Mattel and MotU Classics in specific.
    Please do not shy away from publishing new episodes for the sole reason of themes touching something that might uncomfortable for one party or the other. Do not let anyone silence you and do not try to silence anyone who speaks his/her mind. A good community will stand criticism if it is legitimate.
    This^^^^^^^^and this>>>>>>

Man every epp of RGD I've ever heard has been very positive and fun to listen to, constructive and entertaining , I never heard any angry nonsense or fan bickering on the show, but if you mean that you don't want to spend the time editing for people who you feel dont deserve it, just remember the most of us do, and love the very nicely put together and pro show.
    I for one really like the show,. It's like hearing your buddy's chat about the one thing you like, with just as much enthusiasm as you.
    Last edited by Zombihamma-AI; October 1, 2013 at 11:56pm.

I'm currently halfway done listening to all the back episodes - for the second time. RGD is the bee's knees. Buzz-Off's knees! Val, your hard work is appreciated by a lot of people.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread