Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 119 Discussion - 2014 Subscription Fan Q&A Special!

Heroic Warrior
    Sagitar would make such an awesome figure that people would just be blowned away left and right! But instead some people would rather have a silly old character as an action figure!? Spector did sold out after all... maybe the problem is mine.

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    I'll give a listen but, I see little advantage on having TG on the show. He hasn't won me over in 5 yrs and always comes off to me as condescending, hypocritical, and backpedalling. Eric always offers a far more positive inside tidbit of the making of these toys. Too bad you didn't record after the Two-bad scandal. Hopefully thats coming in 120.
    Crickey, that seems a little harsh. I haven't been able to listen yet but from comments above it seems we get some solid information here at least.

I am hoping Staghorn got a mention...

Just for the record - the bits I found harsh seem to have been edited from your post so what remains is not deserving of a "crikey"
    Last edited by Jeevesosiris; August 14, 2013 at 01:22pm.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    He is right, Max. I can't possibly imagine 2015 having the same sales numbers as 2014. There just won't be as many appealing figures except to the hardcores.
    But isn't the goal to finish up collections? I realize 2014 is a stronger year than 2015, but people will still have characters missing. Ninjor, Rio Blast and the remaining Snake Man would become the new Two Bad and Modulok.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Sagitar would make such an awesome figure that people would just be blowned away left and right! But instead some people would rather have a silly old character as an action figure!? Spector did sold out after all... maybe the problem is mine.
    Never underestimate the power of nostalgia, especially with MOTU fans. A forgetful cartoony witch with a talking broom (is Madame Razz a Twigget?) beats a four armed alien centaur man with a helmet, sword and shield.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I realize 2014 is a stronger year than 2015, but people will still have characters missing. Ninjor, Rio Blast and the remaining Snake Man would become the new Two Bad and Modulok.
    Those characters aren't nearly on the same level of popularity and "most wanted" as Two-Bad, Modulok, or even Glimmer.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

He is right, Max. I can't possibly imagine 2015 having the same sales numbers as 2014. There just won't be as many appealing figures except to the hardcores.
    That's right. Now we're getting Two Bad and Modulok and the sub hardly goes through.
    Next year there simply won't be any such character left. Scott himself said in Episode 118 that 2014 will have the stronger line up of the two years. Many fans will feel that their collections are complete at the end of 2014. Let's face it, once you have Modulok, do you really need to buy another sub only to get Multibot? And when you have Two Bad, will you really still feel the same urgent longing for Ninjor or Twistoid so that you're willing to pay $600 for another year?
    And the price will go up!
    Awesome sticker included!

I agree that most of the remining big stars will be gone with 2014. I am sure they can sell the 2015 sub if they are crafty.

2015 Sub exclusive Battle Ram? Or Point Dread confirmed if the sub goes through? I know this is unlikely, but my point is... there are ways to shift the sub.

Starting line up of Tongue Lasher, Mermista, Rio-Blast and Sagitar as the large scale figure? Then hints that Evilseed, Saurod, NA Skeletor and Dragstor are also included... I think we just need to wait to see what is left after the year.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I haven't listened to the entire episode yet (just a small part of it), but in response to Penny's statement about the Sanford & Son theme needing lyrics...

Back in the late 90s this topic came up on an episode of the UPN sitcom Malcom & Eddie. I rarely ever watched the show, but I did happen to catch this episode. Eddie was saying that the Sanford and Son theme needed lyrics. If I recall correctly (and I'm going on memory from years ago, so this may not be entirely accurate), his version went something like:

"Fred Sanford lived up in Vermont
    He had a truck, and a son named Lamont"

Then did some version about Grady where he was just going, "Grady, Shady Grady" and then hummed a lot to the tune of the theme song.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Sagitar doesn't HAVE to be 100% New Tooling...
    Head: New
    Torso: New
    Crotch: New
    Upper Shoulder: New
    Lower Shoulder: Ram Man
    Biceps: Ram man (all four of them)
    Armband: Separate sculpt like Demo-Man or Horde Armband
    Lower Bicep Pieces: New Separatre Piece like Slushhead's
    Forearms: Upper Ram Man, Lower New
    Hands: Upper Ram Man, Lower New
    Thighs: New
    Shins: New
    Boots: New
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Hopefully this "little something" for POP's 30th Anniversary (if the sub goes through) isn't something like the chrome She-Ra. Actual figures that everyone can get, please.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    Hopefully this "little something" for POP's 30th Anniversary (if the sub goes through) isn't something like the chrome She-Ra. Actual figures that everyone can get, please.
    What?!?! You can't find Chrome She-Ra? She is at Big Lots. JUST KIDDING!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Ninjor, Rio Blast and the remaining Snake Man would become the new Two Bad and Modulok.
    Not for me personally. I'd still consider subbing for 2015 barring anything unfortunate happening between now and then, but Two-Bad & Modulok are well more of a draw to me then the ones you mentioned.

If Dragstor didn't make 2014, and had to be 2015, I'd still have a hard time being convinced to sub other than seeing what a possible 2016 could bring....I would love TGBW and Fang-Or to come later.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I thought that it was interesting when Scott mentioned that twice as many Castle Grayskulls were sold that needed to be. In other words, Grayskull sold 200%.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Great episode, and two of my questions got answered, sweet!

Man, I hope that Madame Razz gets offered as some sort of pack-in. Either that, or a Loo-Kee, Madame Razz, Broom and Filmation Kowl set for the price of a standard figure, so we get all those little dudes out of the way at once.
    check out my artwork at geooco.blogspot.com

Flamboyant Etherian Rebel Chakram1701's Avatar
    Yeah! They answered my question!!! Good to know that IF the worst happens (thought I'm fairly confident that we'll make it) I won't have to fight DOS to get Glimmer! Also, on a side note, I was very happy to hear Eamon read my question. While I love EVERYONE on RGD, Eamon just has this sexy sexy voice I could listen to all day LOL!
    My fan-film "She-Ra : Surely You Jest" is done and live!!! Watch now at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOi64X4E60Y

Those characters aren't nearly on the same level of popularity and "most wanted" as Two-Bad, Modulok, or even Glimmer.
    I'm not speaking to the popularity, Rocky. I'm talking about the holes in an incomplete Vintage collection.

When I was collecting SOTA's Street Fighter line, the fans only needed Dee Jay to complete the original cast. Although Dee Jay is one of the least popular characters in the Street Fighter mythos, that figure attained "Ram Man status" because he was a hole in an otherwise complete collection.

Whenever we get one character, someone new takes his or her place as the next most wanted until everything is done. Fans don't like having five Snake Men out of six or the major characters in the Great Rebellion sans Angella.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I haven't listened to the episode yet, but Sagitar isn't in the 2014/2015 line-up?! After Mara and Crita, Sagitar is THE MOST REQUESTED NA CHARACTER!!!

If we don't get Sagitar, that will be terrible. He's so freaking AMAZING!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm not speaking to the popularity, Rocky. I'm talking about the holes in an incomplete Vintage collection.

When I was collecting SOTA's Street Fighter line, the fans only needed Dee Jay to complete the original cast. Although Dee Jay is one of the least popular characters in the Street Fighter mythos, that figure attained "Ram Man status" because he was a hole in an otherwise complete collection.

Whenever we get one character, someone new takes his or her place as the next most wanted until everything is done. Fans don't like having five Snake Men out of six or the major characters in the Great Rebellion sans Angella.
    But this still needs to be put in perspective.

With something like Street Fighter, there was a very specific original cast from Street Fighter II and it's upgrades. It started out with 8 playable characters and 4 bosses, then the bosses became playable, and then 4 more characters were added on. It was all very specific and high profile. Adding those 4 characters to that game was akin to adding 3 new main-cast Thundercats mid way through the series.

I think that it's kind of a logical fallacy to attach that line of thinking to the entire vintage MOTU line, as if every obscure character that came out late in the line is akin to adding to the "main cast." They are more like the "left overs."

Everyone has their preferences, and that's cool. I don't deny that there are fans who want those figures. But enough of them to support the sub once the more highly desired ones are gone? I'm not so sure about that.

POP-wise, yeah, Angela is a pretty heavy hitter. But we don't know for sure yet if she is coming out in 2014 or 2015. It she's in '14, then she won't do anything to sell the 2015 sub.

I can see the remaining Snake Man being something of a draw. But I'm not sure if it will be enough to get people to sign up. In general the Snake men don't seem to be as popular as the Horde, and the remaining ones don't seem to be quite as popular as the ones that have been released already (I could be wrong on that point, though). Honestly if Tung Lashor comes out in 2014, I don't know if enough people will feel that there collection is incomplete by 2015 to sign up again.

Like I said elsewhere, I'm in this until the end. But if we manage to get the 2014 sub to go through, I'm not holding my breath on the same happening in 2015. Hopefully I am wrong on this.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Can't stop laughing. Scott said revealing The Unnamed one would boost sub sales but he still won't do it?

In what world does that make sense?
    END OF LINE

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Can't stop laughing. Scott said revealing The Unnamed one would boost sub sales but he still won't do it?

In the "it's so funny and cool to keep that figure a secret"-world

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Fun show. Having Dan and Scott join makes it not only highly entertaining (as usual), but also insider-like informative.

I agree with Eamon (and others), that the NA mutants work well with MOTUC. Optikk is pimp for realz. And other than them, Sagitar would be a great fit, and that's coming from an NA mehsiast.

Although a lot of people want Sagittar (because he's cool), I didn't see him coming for 2 reasons:

1) He would take a beast slot and its 100% (or almost) new tooling, as it's size would be bigger than Ram-Man and shorter than the giants. Stridor would make a wiser beast slot if any more is planned besides Modulok and Multi-bot.

2) He is a character from the last wave of He-man figures. While there are still characters (not counting Flogg and Skeletor, that I suppose are in) like Kayo, Lizorr or Hoove that were released from the beginning. I would be like, if it was about vintage characters, getting Modulok before Mekanek, TrapJaw and Triklops just because he's bigger and cooler.

Hi Scott,
    Sorry but I had to place two orders due to the early access server/website errors that showed the MOTU Mini Figures as sold out when I tried to add them to my basket, so quickly ordered the MOTU Rock Warriors before they sold out as well. Then after placing my order for the Rock Warriors I checked the Mni-Figures again as I couldn't believe how fast they sold out and they were now available again, so I ordered them in a second order.
    I imeditally email customer support explaining the situation, giving them my orders numbers and asked to have these two orders combined into one so I didn't have to pay more postage. I was emailed back the following:

Thank you for contacting the online store.

We understand that you want your orders to be combined.

We apologize for the inconvenience. Unfortunately, it is never possible
    to combine shipments from multiple orders.
    You say in this episode they should combine orders in this situation.
    Now my orders have already been but but should I contact them again and ask for the difference in postage to be refunded?
    Many thanks in advance and thanks for answering our questions on the podcast,
    Matt.

Has anybody else has this same problem and had their orders combined?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Great episode!

Loved the idea of some big box sets to finish out some of the NA figures.

All I have to say is, THIS guy is A-list NA and I don't care what anyone says! We gotta get him! 2016? Okay. But I want him early 2016!

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m.../kayo_mini.jpg
    http://www.onlinetoyshow.com/images/...NA_heman_1.jpg
    http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...kayohelmet.jpg
    http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/m...rus_Annual.jpg
    Your right mate, Kayo is NA A-list!
    He may not have been in the cartoon much but in other NA media like the mini and UK/German comics he's one of the GG that appeared the most.

Great to hear we might be getting Sagitar in 14 or 15
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by Underling View Post
    Well he also acts like he's begging everyone to sub, then tells us were not punishing Mattel by not subbing? And He's so valuable to Mattel if the line fails he'll go work on Hotwheels! Please by all means let him!

In my world...a $700 + Toy collection budget for a grown man with life and family priorities doesn't even make sense.
    Last edited by seth-man; August 14, 2013 at 03:44pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Vearn View Post
    2) He is a character from the last wave of He-man figures. While there are still characters (not counting Flogg and Skeletor, that I suppose are in) like Kayo, Lizorr or Hoove that were released from the beginning. I would be like, if it was about vintage characters, getting Modulok before Mekanek, TrapJaw and Triklops just because he's bigger and cooler.
    I think Sagitar and even Mara's case is more like getting King Randor and Sorceress in 1987, despite being major characters in the canon since 1983. Those two characters were present pretty early in the NA canon, but they got their figures late (Mara's figure was never released).

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Well he also acts like he's begging everyone to sub, then tells us were not punishing Mattel by not subbing? And He's so valuable to Mattel if the line fails he'll go work on Hotwheels! Please by all means let him!

In my world...a $700 + Toy collection budget for a grown man with life and family priorities doesn't even make sense.
    Then go ahead with your definition of 'grown man'. By a large margin, men all have their own form of entertainment that is more than likely more expensive than the toys they had as a child. The saying " Boys never truly grow up, their toys just get more expensive. " has real merit. Whether you invest your money into a hobby such as cars, motorcycles, RC cars, model trains, coin collecting, or even porn; it is still budgeting for recreation or entertainment. We toy collectors are doing the same thing on a smaller scale....slightly smaller for some of us. It is only the perception that it shouldnt be for adults that makes it nonsense to you. This is what we get into and keeps us entertained, so it makes perfect sense.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia