Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Roast Gooble Dinner - Episode 119 Discussion - 2014 Subscription Fan Q&A Special!

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I thought that it was interesting when Scott mentioned that twice as many Castle Grayskulls were sold that needed to be. In other words, Grayskull sold 200%.
    I hope this becomes the green light to get the Snake-Mountain and even more vehicles. (Wishful thinking of course).
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    I hope this becomes the green light to get the Snake-Mountain and even more vehicles. (Wishful thinking of course).
    Honestly I could live without vehicles or even if we got just one more but if we didn't get SM at all, i'd be really saddened that we'd be deprived of SM twice; first with the 200X line and then potentially the Classics line as well. As much as I love what Icon Heroes are doing re: SM, it's not the same.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I believe if 2014 and 2015 subs do well, and everyone loves their Castles, that we may just get a Filmation/MYP Snake Mountain pre-order for the end of 2015. A pre-order like the one done for CG hurts no one, since only a blue print has to be created.

Mattel likes our money at the end of the day.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Finally been able to listen and enjoyed the show. I got the following impressions from the hints we had here. Again, this is not concfirmed, just the impression I got.

1. No Sagitar unless we go above and beyond the 100%
    2. No Staghorn for me!
    3. I think we will see those Robot Knights for Skeletor in 2014 or 2015
    4. Madam Razz seems like a SDCC exclusive waiting to happen.
    5. I like the idea of a "Space Mutants" pack at a future SDCC.
    6. Glad twice as many Castles were sold as they expected, even if he is exaggerating a bit this can only be good news.
    7. We will probably see an additional sub if we can get past the 100% target but I am not really sure what it will be as I gather they have already slotted in most of the vintage figures and vintage POP. Hmm...
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

thanks for answering my question scott & RGD crew ...

after thinking hard about things, i have now subscribed - long live MOTUC! ... well, until i get my vintage MOTU anyway ...

me and fellow U.K. .orger scorpia have teamed up again for '14 ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Great episode, gang!

Thanks especially for asking my question about the "style" of the Unnamed One. I had a sneaking suspicion he was going to look more exaggerated like the 200X characters in MOTUC. So when Scott said he would be detailed like 200X but would look more classic masters, it was nice to hear. Any way, I'm excited for the reveal and agree that it's fun to have surprises like this in the line.

It was also cool to hear him laying down his evaluation of several character's prominence and therefore likelyhood to be included in 2014 and 2015. I'm still hoping Razz & Broom are a con exclusives or something that I won't have to pay for in the sub. I have less than zero interest in that character.

Finally, I couldn't disagree more with Dan's comment at the end about He-Man not killing in a live action movie. The guy carries a giant axe and sword! They're NOT for decoration. While I don't imagine he's a killer like Conan, he has to wound his enemies to stop them from carrying out their plans. The strategically placed Filmation boulder he can hurl at his enemies won't cut it in a live-action movie.

After hearing ToyGuru's plans about figures like Prince Randor and Prince Keldor.. I'm quite happy they needed to wrap up this line.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Songster was coming in 2014/2015 but got dropped because of the A-list years. I really wanted him. Scrollos would have been amazing too! He mentioned Illumina possibly coming after 2015. Be still my heart!

Everything else TG said makes perfect sense.

Not buying a sub doesn't punish Mattel. They will just shrug and move on to their next project/toyline. If the line gets cancelled because they don't have enough guaranteed sales (the subscriptions), it only punishes ourselves, the fans.

I really hope 2014 AND 2015 happen...and then, if 2016 doesn't happen, Mattel releases a few figures a year via SDCC, Power-Con, travelling cons, etc.

The one idea he mentioned about doing a MASSIVE figure pack of the remaining NA heroes, would be pretty cool. I mean, the NA heroes (outside the MAIN ones) aren't highly requested, so I think it would be a GREAT way (and possibly the ONLY way) to get them released. That would be like the $180 Legion of Super Heroes 12 pack Mattel made (the 13th invisible character is not a translucent figure...it's just a plastic shell ):

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/10/17/...heroes-review/

http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/first-l...heroes-box-set

I'm all for that. It also helps the NA haters to steer clear of these figures, as they would NOT be a subscription item. I want these figures, fyi. It would be GREAT to be able to complete all these factions. Heck, it would be sweet if they could include limited articulation Scientists. I'm being realistic here. I know a lot of people hate them, but they're important. If they just had a ball jointed head and shoulder and hip "cuts" they wouldn't be too expensive to make. I think making them cheap like that (ala Cringer and Kowl) would be the only way to get them.
    Last edited by Darkspecter; August 15, 2013 at 07:54pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by seth-man View Post
    Well he also acts like he's begging everyone to sub, then tells us were not punishing Mattel by not subbing? And He's so valuable to Mattel if the line fails he'll go work on Hotwheels! Please by all means let him!

In my world...a $700 + Toy collection budget for a grown man with life and family priorities doesn't even make sense.
    he's begging for subs as a fan and for his fellow fans, not for mattel's sake. and he's right- we're not punishing mattel by not subbing. if this line dies, mattel will just move those resources (including scott) to something else that makes them more money. mattel doesn't lose anything, really...but we do.

mattel will do just fine without MOTUC...but we'll get no more figures if the line dies.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post
    he's begging for subs as a fan and for his fellow fans, not for mattel's sake. and he's right- we're not punishing mattel by not subbing. if this line dies, mattel will just move those resources (including scott) to something else that makes them more money. mattel doesn't lose anything, really...but we do.

mattel will do just fine without MOTUC...but we'll get no more figures if the line dies.
    Exactly. And I'd be willing to bet that he, himself would be making more money if he were working in a more lucrative area of Mattel. I guarantee you the managers of the Barbie and Hot Wheels lines make more than a manager of a niche online-only line. He is a fan of MOTU and that is why he wants to run it. For all the crap we give him and all of the things I disagree with about his marketing style, I truly believe Scott is doing a lot for us and getting less for it than he deserves. Something to think about.
    Last edited by galaxysurfer; August 15, 2013 at 08:24pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Man View Post

This--^ Scott obviously works for Mattel, but does not necessarily share any potential indifference his parent company may have for discarding the brand in favor of more Hot Wheels or Barbie if MOTUC doesn't meet the sub expectation. Scott gets tremendous amount of crap dumped on him when things go wrong and for being a corporate puppet or whatever, but I believe him when he's out there stumping for more MOTUC and professing his love for the line. He's said more than once that he was that guy (like many of us) at TRU's door at opening to get his 200X MOTU figures off pegs. That says big time fan to me. So if we can let's just put to rest any rumors that he's not in our corner in that aspect at least.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    Luckily many folks wouldn't. Sagitar might be a popular NA character, but in general NA fans are smaller in number compared to Filmation and POP fans combined that want Razz
    I don't care for either character. But if it means I'll get Blast Attack,Evil Seed,LP He-Man or Scorpia. Then I will put in my subscription. As mant people have mentioned. We're in this together. MOTU Forever.......

Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Torque View Post
    I thought that it was interesting when Scott mentioned that twice as many Castle Grayskulls were sold that needed to be. In other words, Grayskull sold 200%.
    Yes, I couldn't help but take note of that statement. Remember Matty's "You did it!" graphic showing how sales exceeded the goal?
    thermometer_you_did_it.jpg
    Hmm.

Also, you could say that Twigget's line from "Secret of the Sword" has a new meaning ... "Madam's coming! Madam's coming!"
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Yes, I couldn't help but take note of that statement. Remember Matty's "You did it!" graphic showing how sales exceeded the goal?
    thermometer_you_did_it.jpg
    Hmm.

Also, you could say that Twigget's line from "Secret of the Sword" has a new meaning ... "Madam's coming! Madam's coming!"
    Are you saying because it's different? Remember, the 200% would include the later sales after Toy Fair too.

I REALLY love the idea of a big box set of NA figures in 2016 (or a couple.)
    I'd buy it!

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Put me down for a New Adventures box set - It would be cool to get the majority of them out in one go and leave the heavy hitters for the main sub.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    After hearing Scott and the guys say we need to unite, I immediately thought of this song here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6EG0Yz96Wk. Lets use this as our war cry!

I too would would rather have Sagitar then Razz but she's def way more important to the mythos

I've only watched the first half the NA series and I wouldn't think Kayo or Tatarus A-list but I would consider Sagitar next in line of the heroes after Hydron and Flipshot. Although I will admit Tatarus would make a sweet figure

I would love a huge pack of NA heroes or villains as well as another mini sub to help get the characters out there

With prices probably going up for 2015, I'm afraid of the of 2015 sub hitting the minimum
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'm very sad that Scrollos and Songster were ousted........sniff sniff..........
    Me too! I hope we get them both in 2016. I'd love a "Keepers of the Lore" SDCC 2-pack!

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    "Fred Sanford lived up in Vermont
    He had a truck, and a son named Lamont"
    Then did some version about Grady where he was just going, "Grady, Shady Grady" and then hummed a lot to the tune of the theme song.
    LMAO!! I must look this up now!
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    Here's a link to another interview that Scott did just a few days ago regarding the subs. Basically reiterating what he's already said on RGD, but still worth a listen:
    http://afbpodcast.com/audio/AFB-Podcast-Episode-77.m4a

Quote Originally Posted by Orko's Magic Hat View Post
    Put me down for a New Adventures box set - It would be cool to get the majority of them out in one go and leave the heavy hitters for the main sub.
    Quote Originally Posted by StraightEdgeHe-Man View Post
    I would love a huge pack of NA heroes or villains as well as another mini sub to help get the characters out there
    Yeah a huge pack of Galactic Guardians or Space Mutants or a NA mini-sub would be awesome, anyway to get these characters!

Shame Scrollos is off the cards for the next few years, hopefully for 16 or as a travelling con exclusive.

I'm not fussed about a Prince Keldor figure but I'd love a Captain/Prince Randor figure based on the MYP, I'd be happy with just his helmeted head packed in with another figure (I really want both his MYP helemts) but a whole figure would be preferred.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar

A Penny changed my thoughts :hmtung:

Thanks for asking one of my questions but I'm bugged that it got reworded and badly answered. Danielle was just trying to take up less time, I get that. I probably should have asked the question sooner in the thread? I was most interested in an answer to "If the comic doesn't serve to promote MOTU toys, what purpose does it serve? " Guess I should have started with that?

ANywhoo, Thanks for asking my question I do appreciate that you guys do this from time to time.

p.s. As a "first timer" its a little odd hearing your "name" like that. I have never written in to a comic, or called a radio show before. All of my correspondence have been in real time or via a read like in email or in a forum/comment sectionl. It felt like a combination of your number being called on while trying to listen in on a conversation about you behind your back. Does that make sense? It's Cool, but a little unnerving?

On the topic of G.I Joe
    Never read the comics, only have the vaugest recollections of the cartoons and can count with my fingers how many (non Street Fighter/Mortal Kombat) G.I Joes that I had...half of them being ninjas. Bruce Willis was the first G.I. Joe toy I purchased and kept since 1995...The first film was utter garbage. I liked G.I. Joe Retaliation. It had the rock, some cool ninja stuff, Cobra Commander was cool and uh,,,explosions and Duke died...I didn't expect anything else.

MOTU needs to be Shakespeare + Frazetta on acid with laser pistols. I fail to see the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    I'd love a "Keepers of the Lore" SDCC 2-pack!
    Brilliant idea! The packaging could have liner notes written by the both of them

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Dang it, my question got dodged! Also, I would just like to say that I really regret the username I picked out for the forums here...might have been "cute" when I was 20, but now that I'm 32 it's a bit silly. One of these days I'll pony up the donation money for a usename change .
    I here you. Listeing to someone say outloud Lord Fallen Eldor makes me sound like a pompous self important wind bag. "Fallen Eldor" doesn't make me feel that way since it's also my email address. Is that just me, or has any other .Org Lords feel that way?

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Interesting that ToyGuru mentioned ZILLORA was going to soon be referenced in an upcoming bio ... based on the fact that the only filmation character with any connection to her was Fangman, and he's already been released...

I hope that she is mentioned in The Unnamed One's bio, so we can see that she has some connection to the origin of the Snake Men...
    It will probably have to to with the Staff of Ka, recall she had it in Filmation episode, and it was a powerful artifact for the Snakemen in MOTUCVerse.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiecats View Post
    No way we'd get Madame Razz, Broom, Loo-Kee and Kowl for $25! Best we can hope is that they are one of the $38 quarterly items
    I thought that those are a rise in the price for Cats/horses/gorilla bucks. Wasn't this addressed in a Q&A already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    After hearing ToyGuru's plans about figures like Prince Randor and Prince Keldor.. I'm quite happy they needed to wrap up this line.
    Agreed, these are not figures, these are "bonus pack in items" like the Staff of Avon, Zodak w/o helmet and 200X techno Sword. If this 2-pack ever gets made, then Toy Guru needs to get fired!
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 11:19am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Songster was coming in 2014/2015 but got dropped because of the A-list years. I really wanted him. Scrollos would have been amazing too! He mentioned Illumina possibly coming after 2015. Be still my heart!

Everything else TG said makes perfect sense.

Not buying a sub doesn't punish Mattel. They will just shrug and move on to their next project/toyline. If the line gets cancelled because they don't have enough guaranteed sales (the subscriptions), it only punishes ourselves, the fans.

I really hope 2014 AND 2015 happen...and then, if 2016 doesn't happen, Mattel releases a few figures a year via SDCC, Power-Con, travelling cons, etc.

The one idea he mentioned about doing a MASSIVE figure pack of the remaining NA heroes, would be pretty cool. I mean, the NA heroes (outside the MAIN ones) aren't highly requested, so I think it would be a GREAT way (and possibly the ONLY way) to get them released. That would be like the $180 Legion of Super Heroes 12 pack Mattel made (the 13th invisible character is not a translucent figure...it's just a plastic shell ):

http://geek-news.mtv.com/wp-content/...0/img_0220.jpg
    http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/10/17/...heroes-review/

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo...losh-group.jpg
    http://thefwoosh.com/2011/08/first-l...heroes-box-set

I'm all for that. It also helps the NA haters to steer clear of these figures, as they would NOT be a subscription item. I want these figures, fyi. It would be GREAT to be able to complete all these factions. Heck, it would be sweet if they could include limited articulation Scientists. I'm being realistic here. I know a lot of people hate them, but they're important. If they just had a ball jointed head and shoulder and hip "cuts" they wouldn't be too expensive to make. I think making them cheap like that (ala Cringer and Kowl) would be the only way to get them.
    Make it exclusive, people'll buy it. Spirit of Hordak wasn't demanded, but since Mattel made him a chase figure, everybody wanted him...

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Yea it sux we won't be seeing the figures from the original lay out (at least anytime soon) cuz there's some I'd like to have too but I guess it's better to finish the line with the MOTUC demand decreasing

- - - Updated - - -

I'm willing to bet that the next SDCC item will be rotar and twistoid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Honestly I could live without vehicles or even if we got just one more but if we didn't get SM at all, i'd be really saddened that we'd be deprived of SM twice; first with the 200X line and then potentially the Classics line as well. As much as I love what Icon Heroes are doing re: SM, it's not the same.
    I'd love to get a snake mountain and a landshark
    Most Wanted MOTUC's not shown: Quake, Sagitar, Dark Dream, Filmation Garth (post transformation), Filmation Evil Seed, MYP Miro, Lord Masque

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm down with a huge NA figure pack!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    2016 doesn't necessarily mean the end. I'm glad that Dare, Skeleteen, Songster are "2016 or later" characters, that sounds about right. I imagine 2016 will have a sub attempt, higher per figure cost and fewer figures, but a sub attempt non the less.

Razz can share parts with Twiggets and Gwildor. She won't be that expensive to produce as Modulok will be I'd guess, even he can part share with Lizard Man and a younger Prince Adam.

On the topic of New Adventures continuation;
    If we EVER got a large multi-Pack like that I think it would have to go to the Council of Elders/Wise/The Ancients with Hall of Wisdom to Casstle Grayskull conversion or Central Tower packaging. That would have way more of a "wow factor" that Mattel likes then a bunch of D-list NAers.

I think NA 2-3 packs would be cool and fun. Or a NA mini sub. I doubt they would get enough subscribers unless a new NA stony was told via the comics. Look at how popular a variant like Dispara has become! We need something to convince PEOPLE that NA doesn't suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    Sagitar doesn't HAVE to be 100% New Tooling...
    Totally agree. He could even get away using a standard male buck with two torso's stacked ontop of each other.
    I trust the 4Hm ability to creatively reuse parts to give us a unique looking character like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    Shadow Weaver was almost a completely new tool in 2012, so it didn't shock me to hear that this year's membership exclusive figure was pretty much the same thing.
    It shocked me that she didn't have more shared parts with Marlena or that they didn't reuse her for something else already. King hiss was touted as "100 new tooling" and then we saw Drego Man not long after. Clever parts sharing permitted both characters to be made! Heck, Drego might have "paid for" Hiss! Shows a dedication for unique tooling when it is required, and clever re-use to balance it out...Other times half assed attempts like stonedar and Rokkon show how uneven the tooling budget allocation is.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    Great episode, gang!

Thanks especially for asking my question about the "style" of the Unnamed One. I had a sneaking suspicion he was going to look more exaggerated like the 200X characters in MOTUC. So when Scott said he would be detailed like 200X but would look more classic masters, it was nice to hear. Any way, I'm excited for the reveal and agree that it's fun to have surprises like this in the line.

Finally, I couldn't disagree more with Dan's comment at the end about He-Man not killing in a live action movie. The guy carries a giant axe and sword! They're NOT for decoration. While I don't imagine he's a killer like Conan, he has to wound his enemies to stop them from carrying out their plans. The strategically placed Filmation boulder he can hurl at his enemies won't cut it in a live-action movie.
    That was a good question that rules out Orko reuse and kinda hints at Snakemountainman...well worded "trap" question!

Non living minions and "he who runs away" and all that. You can't "kill" main bad guys because then you cant bring them back for more stories. I can think of two Zod stories that are WAY cooler then his origin story...Could you imagine if Joker died in his first encounter with Batman?
    Last edited by LORD FALLEN ELDOR; August 18, 2013 at 11:27am.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Heroic Warrior
    Stacking torsos would still be new tooling. Even a slightly modified sculpt requires a totally new tool. Really, modifying existing parts would cost just as much as sculpting all new parts. The only way to save money is if they can use a part exactly as it currently exists.