Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Castaspella and Shokoti Arrival Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah Frosta will get even uglier... yuck!

I cannot WAIT to get these in the mail! Both look amazing.

I am really looking forward to these two! They both look incredible!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

casta is perfect

too bad the sorceress and frosta's faces came out so messed up
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Last edited by PlatinumFist; August 24, 2013 at 08:05pm. Reason: fixed link
    Psalm 18:32 - "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Opened Casta and he beautiful face is ruined by "blodge" of plastic on her right eye lid. Which of course is painted over and will result in paint removal if I attempt a fix. Going to ask for a replacement as it's not acceptable. Mind you - first one since Metron in the DC sub last year I felt the need to complain about.

Quote Originally Posted by retcon View Post
    Opened Casta and he beautiful face is ruined by "blodge" of plastic on her right eye lid. Which of course is painted over and will result in paint removal if I attempt a fix. Going to ask for a replacement as it's not acceptable. Mind you - first one since Metron in the DC sub last year I felt the need to complain about.
    You should definitely request an exchange!! Make sure you send pics.
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Spinnerella, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Gwildor, Hover-Bots, Tung Lasher, Angella, Ninjor, Huntara, Oo-Larr, Lizard Man, Sssqueeze, Peekablue... and all the other POP & NA characters.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Okay, I think I'm in love with Castaspella...
    But I can't!! My first and truly love has always been and always will be Teela! Damn you 4H!

Shokoti looks great too, I love her colors and how pops out from the shelf

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Love that sword you have with Scareglow!
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Love the Soul Reaver! I've got that same sword in Hordak's hands.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Pixel Dan posted these a while back in his review thread:
    Very VERY cool! Now if only my mysteriously 'missing' Teela would actually turn up in the mail... then I will do the same! this looks ace!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    Love that sword you have with Scareglow!
    Thanks man, it's the Soul Reaver from Legacy of Kain figures by BBI.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    Love the Soul Reaver! I've got that same sword in Hordak's hands.
    That's awesome!

Great display picture!You mind taking pictures of your whole collection??
    Last edited by King Criss79; August 16, 2013 at 04:29pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Criss79 View Post
    Great display picture!You mind taking a pictures of your whole collection??
    I will posts some updated pictures in the appropriate thread later on tonight.

I got Shokoti in the mail today. She is looking pretty good.

Heroic Warrior Science Friction's Avatar
    My Castaspella arrived today, via UPS. I'm extremely pleased, she is definitely one of my favorites released thus far. She'll stay MOC for now though.

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mikethedrummer View Post
    Casta looks awesome! Shokoti looks cool but her eyes look as if she is blind. Guess I'll have to wait and see when she arrives.
    White eyes really make a figure look blind. Black eyes without the white sclera look very demonic.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 17, 2013 at 01:01am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm not a POP fan. But, much like the 4H NA designs, these chicks are growing on me.

You guys never thought I'd ever say anything like THAT did you???
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Waters View Post
    I'm not a POP fan. But, much like the 4H NA designs, these chicks are growing on me.

You guys never thought I'd ever say anything like THAT did you???
    I didn't think I would. But I do appreciate u saying it.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor EvilSeed LizardMan Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreeElle Montork Miro Blast Attack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

What a lack of mages we have! It's too bad she's on Etheria 'cause the Masters could use some magical prowess! It's cool to have a straight up magic user on the good side, though there seems to be no lack of magic in the Rebellion.

Anyway, I LOVE this figure! Great look, and great accessories. The spell blast is TOPS, yo. We need more of those in different colors, STAT. If I had any complaints about her it would be the way the wheel is attached...you turn her head at all and the hair threatens to knock it off. Doesn't bother me too much 'cause I found ways to get around it, but I do wish they woulda messed with some more ideas first before ending it with "yeah, clip it on."

Overall this is possibly my favorite Rebellion member yet!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

My Castaspella arrived (waiting on Shokoti because I neglected to select the same shipping method for my Filmation sub as my Eternia sub).

Where to begin…
    Castaspella…simply put…WOW.
    The female face sculpts have been one hit out of the park after another recently. With each successive release, the newest female face becomes my favorite. Casta is no different. In fact, this face is rather beautiful. She's rather striking…and personally, has taken the place as my favorite PoP female (to this point it was Netossa) of the line.

The sculpt of her hair is pretty much flawless. They did a really excellent job of capturing the Casta I remember from the Filmation toon. I know that for fans of the vintage PoP dolls, that's probably a let down but…she looks rather unique this way…even considering all the parts reuse we have with her. I LOVE the spell blast attachment. I was actually able to fit it over her right hand, which I was hoping for! This way both the spell blast AND her spell casting hand are both visible AND she can be displayed with her shield on at the same time! PERFECT!

Man…after getting Casta…I REALLY hope the 2014 sub becomes a reality. Because if Glimmer turns out as close to her prototype as Castaspella did…there'll be another fight for best female face sculpt! A BIG thumbs up 4H and Mattel for another gorgeous figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

My subs arrived! Opened Shakoti, but I think I'll give Castaspella to my cousin, not that I don't want her (I'll buy a second one) but she just wants her more.

Couple nitpicks about Shakoti, mine's ankles are loose Also wish she had a spellcasing hand, she has two grasping hands but she didn't come with anything to hold... well not intentionally at least.

Also her butt is non existent. Even for a MOTUC figure.

Happy with her otherwise!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonLimeGygor View Post
    Also her butt is non existent. Even for a MOTUC figure.
    I REALLY wish the 4H would address this on female MOTUC figures. It looks really bad!

I'm glad she has a cape to cover up her non existant posterior, much like BG Evil-Lyn.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."