Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Mantenna Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Mantenna Video Review by Pixel Dan

Mantenna is here!

I also have Nepthu, Batros, the new Weapons Pak and the stackable figure stands, and reviews of those will be coming over the next several days. I wanted to start with my favorite of the bunch this time.

I'll do my best to answer any additional questions!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Another great review Dan!!!! Cant wait to get this bad boy.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Tung Lashor, Rio Blast, Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod & Lord Masque.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    thanks Dan !!!
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED :

>>>>> Canadian He-man/Teela/Ramman <<<<<
    >>>>> Canadian Skeletor/Faker/Beastman <<<<<

Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I'm so glad the 4H and Mattel listened to the "Make him like the staction" chants. I'm overjoyed with how he came out. He's up there with Mer-Man and Fisto.

I think I might get another Mantenna on sale day (ugh...which is also Horde Trooper sale day. Not looking forward to the epic WSOD that is sure to come on that day)--one with eyes out and the other as the default version.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    He looks absolutely fantastic (and positively evil). Sorta wish he'd come with extra pairs of the white bloodshot eyes too, but is what it is.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

I think this is the greatest achievement by mattel's design team in the line. He could have been a disaster and really difficult to translate from his sculpt but they have done an amazing job. Love the figure. Thanks for the review Dan.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Fun and thorough review as always Thanks so much. Can't wait for the weapons pack review!

I like that he stayed closer to the original than the staction. I'm cool that they still went with the Filmation eyes. Swapable eye seems like they would have been a fairly easy include though. Use the same sculpt, paint it differently. Though I'm sure the paint for the original eyes is more expensive than the Filmation.

I do love the station for what it was about, and actually still have that on display. That might even be my favorite one. But, not taking it that far this time made it just right. I like him a little more clunky. Very nice figure.

Give me a Filmation mouth add-on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He's up there with Mer-Man and Fisto.
    He's a strong candidate for Figure of the Year, imo!

Great review!! Love all the colors popping off him.
    I loved growing up in the 80's....wish my kids someday could experience the same thing....

"The meat was gamey, the potatoes were lumpy, and this coffee tastes like it was strained through someones urethra." - Dean Stephan

Heroic Warrior
    Man oh man oh man oh man! Cannot wait for this figure! He would have been perfect without the eye action feature but they put it in anyway! That's nuts! In the same year that we got Ram Man, none the less! Seriously, I'm in heaven. Or will be once the end of October rolls around and I've got him in my greedy little hands!

Dan: No Dactys or Horde Troopers yet, eh? Almost disappointed, but how can I/you be when there's such awesome stuff to review! I have a love/hate relationship with this part of the year, collecting wise. Everything seems to come out from October to December. It's a whole lot of awesome, just not on the wallet. Or my sanity, sometimes. Eagerly awaiting the rest of the reviews for the figures you've received!

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Dan: No Dactys or Horde Troopers yet, eh? Almost disappointed, but how can I/you be when there's such awesome stuff to review!
    Yeah, no Dactys or Horde Troopers yet, but there is still plenty of time for themt o show up before their sale date.

Looks great! I honestly never thought we'd see Mantenna due to his uniqueness, but looks like they knocked him out of the park!
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    Excellent video ! Excellent figure ! Mantenna is a MUST-HAVE ! I've never been such a big fan of Mantenna, but you know what ? He looks actually better than Grizzlor or Leech ! It's a definitive purchase for me !

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Could this be the figure to pip Ram Man to the #1 spot?'

He looks outstanding! Another great review!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, no Dactys or Horde Troopers yet, but there is still plenty of time for themt o show up before their sale date.
    Maybe they'll come in the box with the Sky/Jet Sled and Sky High?! We live vicariously through you...for a month or two.

Court Magician
    Great as allways Dan :-)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I can't wait to watch this! (I'm unable to right now). This is pretty much my "Mosquitor," if you will.

I can't wait to get him. I have one coming from my sub. I hope to get another DOS along with 5 additional Horde Trooper packs. I'm not looking forward to that sale date! I hope the site can handle it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Great review once again! Any reason you got him so early? And.. should we worry that there won't be any DOS?
    Check out my blog about toys and food: http://toysandbacon.blogspot.com/

Thanks Dan, superb as always! This is one amazing figure, can't wait!
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

I am busting through a wall with an OH YEAH when that figure comes - he's fantastic! I dunno how they keep managing to line this up, but once again an old childhood favorite is coming on my birth month. Happy birthday Alexx! It's a horrifying sucker-mouthed-crazy-eyed-four-legged freak.

*sniff* you...you guys really DO care!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Court Magician
    Another amazing review Dan ...

The color on him are just so vivid and stand out so well. Still crossing my fingers for an eventual Filmation mouth pack in down the road as was suggested in RGD119.

And by the way Dan I am holding you and your reviews personally accountable for the money I end up spending on SW 6in Black Series!
    I Am No Widget! Lurking since 02! TeelasRealDaddy, MegsTriggerman v.1 ... shame I keep getting deleted!

Megstriggerman Trader Review

Heroic Warrior Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    WOW. I was excited for Mantenna the minute he was revealed but now I think I'll have to pull a Cartman and freeze myself for the next couple months so I don't die from the anticipation of his arrival in the mail. For me, he WILL be figure of the year, no contest.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Squishy Duck Man will return in "Thunderball"

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    @ 6:45- "Well, the new Mantenna..." The way he pops back into screen was funny.

As always, excellent video Dan!
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

Heroic Warrior
    Very cool looking figure, gonna have to get him, any chance of seeing him standing on his back legs using his front to kick a good guy in the chops?