Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Classics Mantenna Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior
    I swear he had some kind of other gun or something at some point in the cartoon.

Ok apparently there was an episode where he had some kind of crazy ray gun thing.

This thing.

MantennaBlaster_zps0c24b7f5.jpg
    Last edited by Jestermon; August 15, 2013 at 10:54pm.

Only thing I'd change is to give him a darker blue paint job like the vintage toy. Oh, and alternate vintage toy eyes as well. Otherwise, amazing!
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    AWESOME!!!!!! Mantenna has been my most wanted ever since Mosquitor was released so he CANNOT get here fast enough. Also, with the way he turned out, he "may" end up being my favorite MOTUC's figure in the ENTIRE line!!!!!!!! TBD.....

Thanks for the review Dan, as always!! I always look forward to them and appreciate your efforts in putting them together

- - - Updated - - -

I do hope we get his white bloodshot eyes released down the road as another display option (although I love the yellow ones too). The puckered lips would be fun too to give more of a Filmation look

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Mantenna looks great! I never owned him from the vintage days but I am happy to finally be getting him in Classics.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

A triumph. A total triumph.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    great review as ever Dan. I have a question.

The "pop out" eye stalks seem to be curved, can they be put in the sockets "upside down" or sideways causing them to stick out at different angles?

Thanks
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    He got proper justice. I'm very satisfied.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Excellent review of this wonderful figure. Thanks a lot Pixel Dan! I can't wait for Mantenna. So much going on in this figure but the legs are probably my favorite part.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    Only thing I'd change is to give him a darker blue paint job like the vintage toy. Oh, and alternate vintage toy eyes as well. Otherwise, amazing!
    Mee too, but the figure is TERRIFIC!
    Articulation-wise the legs are a beauty, just think on how many pose you can get from him

I'm pretty sure some custom vintage pair of eyes and maybe a filmation mouth piece will come out eventually

Mantenna is AMAZING. Turned a really goofy looking figure into a masterpiece. Can't wait to get him!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    He's up there with Mer-Man and Fisto.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    He's a strong candidate for Figure of the Year, imo!
    Totally agree!! Up there with Mer-Man, Fisto and Kobra Khan as the best figures in the line IMO and definitely a candidate for Figure of the Year!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Very pleased with how Mantenna turned out. The legs being four separate legs has to be my favorite feature. It looks masterfully done and I can't wait to get him along side of the rest of the Horde members. If I can just get Scorpia that will really seal the deal on the Horde for me in so many ways! Sub up people.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

One of my Vintage faves; a character done spot-on perfectly!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

The Four Horsemen at their absolute best, right here. All of the Horde are great, but this guy kicks it up a notch. This may just be the figure that defines this line.

Mantenna being one of the very few 200X figures I liked, I was glad to see when they went with less of a Vintage look and went with the Staction / Filmation cues.... I am not a fan at all of 200X, but Mantenna was one of the few that I actually thought looked awesome....Mosquitor and Evil-Lyn the only other two.

I see the Filmation cues in the eyes, and overall color scheme and skinnier guy approach, and the 200X cues for the rest of the main overall appearance. I can't wait for him, he's also one of the only two Vintage figures I still have.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    I am so glad they didn't go with the Vintage look and colors, he looks so much better with the Filmation / 200X look, so much like he belonged in the cartoons instead of the toyline.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

awesome review dan :-)

his head is a bit too 200x-y for me, but hey - it's mantenna !!! ...

great job
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

Quote Originally Posted by wdwfreak53 View Post
    give me a filmation mouth add-on!!!

yes! This!
    Strange women dressed in bird outfits guarding castles distributing swords and harnesses in no basis for a system of heroism.