Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Mantenna Video Review by Pixel Dan

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    WOW. I was excited for Mantenna the minute he was revealed but now I think I'll have to pull a Cartman and freeze myself for the next couple months so I don't die from the anticipation of his arrival in the mail. For me, he WILL be figure of the year, no contest.
    Same here! He's my most anticipated figure in the line since day 1. He looks incredible! Can't wait to add him to the collection, together with the Horde Troopers and Kowl. October will be an awesome POP month. Thanks for another great review Dan.

Shwing !

Mantenna will most likely be the only 2013 figure I buy this year!

Heroic Warrior
    Another happy vintage purist here

I like his vintage bulkieness. Great to here that the quality of the figure is very good again...

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Another happy vintage purist here

I like his vintage bulkieness. Great to here that the quality of the figure is very good again...
    Amen to that!!!!
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    Looks awesome and great review...but if review samples and such are ready already why are they over loading Oct....give us Mantenna and the weapons pack in September.......

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    What an amazing looking figure! As always, I enjoyed your review Dan, no one does it any better! Also, I was overjoyed to see the shirt that you are wearing in this is the exact one that I got my daughters (and myself)! They are going to be extremely happy to see that when I show them later on.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    Excellent video ! Excellent figure ! Mantenna is a MUST-HAVE ! I've never been such a big fan of Mantenna, but you know what ? He looks actually better than Grizzlor or Leech ! It's a definitive purchase for me !
    Seeing you say something positive is freaking me out and destabilizing my understanding of the cosmos ;p

Great looking figure though. He and Batros should be waiting for me when I return from Thailand, great coming home present!

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Danny Man, AWESOME Review For AWESOME Figure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome ???? Man........... I have no words how to praise this figure !! 4HM has not just knocked it out of the park, they knocked it out of the universe !!!

Figure Of The Year ??? Well Ram Man, You just got a serious.... SERIOUS competition !!! Infact, he can ram you to 2nd "just like that" !

BTW Dan, What about Sky-High & Jet Sled ? Did you get your review sample ?? I can't wait for that too !

Infact, Save your energy Dan Man, You gotta do a lot of MOTUC reviews in the next 4 months !!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, no Dactys or Horde Troopers yet, but there is still plenty of time for themt o show up before their sale date.
    Not as much time for the Sky Sled and Sky High, though!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    Seeing you say something positive is freaking me out and destabilizing my understanding of the cosmos ;p

Great looking figure though. He and Batros should be waiting for me when I return from Thailand, great coming home present!
    Whatever you do in Thailand, don't fight THIS guy!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Brilliant figure. Excellent review!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I'm so glad the 4H and Mattel listened to the "Make him like the staction" chants.
    I don't see how Mantenna is in any way like the staction. Aside from having 4 separate legs and yellow eyes, it's basically a straight vintage version of Mantenna.

Either way, this figure is amazing. The only thing I dislike about him, is that his bloodshot eyes were not included. That would have made the figure perfect for me. Oh well, time to see if MasterEnglish can help me out!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    I don't see how Mantenna is in any way like the staction. Aside from having 4 separate legs and yellow eyes, it's basically a straight vintage version of Mantenna.

Either way, this figure is amazing. The only thing I dislike about him, is that his bloodshot eyes were not included. That would have made the figure perfect for me. Oh well, time to see if MasterEnglish can help me out!!
    The whole 4 Separate legs is most of the "Make him like the staction chant" was all about. I recall some people wanting a 2 legged Mantenna...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

The yellow eyes, the four separate legs and the head are more like the staction than the original Vintage toy. The staction wasn't built around action features like the original toy was (fat head with no neck and fused legs).

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    The whole 4 Separate legs is most of the "Make him like the staction chant" was all about. I recall some people wanting a 2 legged Mantenna...
    Well, that could easily also be a "Make him like FILMation" chant, as the 4 separate legs are not unique to the staction.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Well, that could easily also be a "Make him like FILMation" chant, as the 4 separate legs are not unique to the staction.
    We didn't have Filmation rights when the chanting began... Also, filmation look would have deprived us of his creepy mouth and mandibles...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The yellow eyes, the four separate legs and the head are more like the staction than the original Vintage toy. The staction wasn't built around action features like the original toy was (fat head with no neck and fused legs).
    The yellow eyes and 4 separate legs are not unique to the staction. Aside from a sculpted mouth, there really isn't anything staction like about that head. The face is different, the ears are different and again, the yellow eyes aren't unique to the staction. Advances in toy sculpting, like non-fused legs on Mantenna are not 200X or staction influences. They are simply advances in toy sculpting abilities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    We didn't have Filmation rights when the chanting began... Also, filmation look would have deprived us of his creepy mouth and mandibles...
    That really doesn't matter. The chanting in the thread in question wasn't simply "give us a Mantenna like the staction because it has 4 separate legs and yellow eyes". Most of the people who wanted him to look like the staction in that thread, wanted him too be based entirely off of the staction. Which he clearly is not, or you wouldn't have people giving praise to his vintage look in this very thread.

Also, speaking of the "chant" thread, I posted in that thread and mentioned how I'd prefer him to be based on his vintage design but with his 4 legs separated. So wanting 4 separate legs does not equate to wanting the staction look.

The yellow eyes and 4 separate legs are not unique to the staction. Aside from a sculpted mouth, there really isn't anything staction like about that head. The face is different, the ears are different and again, the yellow eyes aren't unique to the staction. Advances in toy sculpting, like non-fused legs on Mantenna are not 200X or staction influences. They are simply advances in toy sculpting abilities.
    I think we are saying the same things. While Mantenna isn't overly 200X styled, like the staction, the sculpt isn't limited to working around an action feature which was the main issue about the character.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Great review, I can't wait for the others.
    Does Galactus fart?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Looks awesome and great review...but if review samples and such are ready already why are they over loading Oct....give us Mantenna and the weapons pack in September.......
    Review samples are air shipped in. If these go on the boat today, they would not be in stock for September 15th.

I'm really looking forward to this guy! I don't think he could have turned out any better! Thank you for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Does he have any parts that are reused from other figures? Those hands don't look unique to Mantenna, but I'm not positive.
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    Does he have any parts that are reused from other figures? Those hands don't look unique to Mantenna, but I'm not positive.
    In his Fwoosh interview, TG said Mantenna *might* share "a" hand with Modulok, but otherwise both are 100% new. Whether he meant a pair or literally just one of them, I dunno.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Probably the MOTUC figure of the year!!!

And Shokoti wins Club Filmation imo!

Damn, I'm so high on MOTUC lately! Hope we can reach 2014, 15 and beyond!! Best, most vast adult collectors line EVER!

I want to be watching a Pixel Dan review of Crackers the Clown in the year 2017.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

He is one of the top figures in the line, no doubt... Simply brilliant and creepy.
    Mantenna has always been my most anticipated Horde figure since the inception of MOTUC, can't wait to get him.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.