Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Filmation sub?

2014 Filmation sub?

Is there a 2014 Filmation sub that I've missed? I can only find that I ordered the Club Eternia.
    WTB:
    SDCC Battle Armor Faker

No 2014 Club Filmation has been announced. It really all depends on the numbers of the sub according to Scott from the last Roast Gooble dinner. He stated that since last year they were at 135% for sub sales, that's why they went ahead and did that add on sub.

If sub sales get to the bear minimum, then it's harder to fight corporate for more funs to do the add on subs...BUT Scott did mention a POP sub as well as the Filmation sub...but it's all wishful hoping and thinking. I personally would sub for both of these mini-subs.
    Last edited by Loo-Kee; August 16, 2013 at 11:34am.

Realy wish I could afford a filmation sub, ill have to so call cherry pick some of the ones I realy want like Icer.

as EagloOne stated (if the empty card trick is still accurate), there were still 2.381 Shokoti's available as of 6:30 pm yesterday - in opposite to 359 Rattlor's and 868 Castaspella's.

So if there will be an add-on sub next year, I fear it might not be Filmation, I guess it would be PoP or NA (less likely). Because figures like Nepthu won't guarantee for good sales and thus they will consider the Filmation sub as some kind of fail

This is only my opinion of course - I could be totally wrong here

Just in the selfish interest of getting as many figures as possible, coupled with the fact that there are so many filmation characters to get to, I hope there is a Filmation sub in 2014 AND 2015. In fact, I would LOVE for there to be FOUR add on subs over the next couple of years. Each on 6 months long. This would be amazing:

Jan-Jun: PoP add-on Sub
    Jul-Dec: Filmation add-on Sub II

Jan-Jun: Minicomics add-on Sub
    Jul-Dec: Filmation add-on Sub III

WANT.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

Hell to the yeah for 12 months of extra sub figures.
    Preternia - Cy-Chop Central!

Heroic Warrior
    I sincerely regret doing the Filmation sub. I realized rather late than I don't care for these "blink and you miss" characters, even though the whole theme of my collection is the vintage He-Man cartoon. I guess I will keep Icer since he is good as a Skeletor minion, but the rest are all going back on sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    This would be amazing:

WANT.
    Yes to these.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

I'd be up for a second Filmation sub. But if not Filmation, I hope there is another add-on sub in 2014. My first choice is a 2.0 sub of new versions of the unattainable figures (Teela, Beast-Man, Fisto, Scareglow, etc.) But I think PoP is the most likely choice.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    I'm not down for extra subs since they will go on sale AFTER the reg sub sale. Which means that they will not be combining shipping due to them not being ordered at the same time. I'm not made of cash so none for me
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    I'm not down for extra subs since they will go on sale AFTER the reg sub sale. Which means that they will not be combining shipping due to them not being ordered at the same time. I'm not made of cash so none for me
    The 2nd shipments are together. My Shokoti and Castaspella are being shipped together. It's just that initial shipment that DR can't figure out how to combine. They need that extra handling fee I guess.

I'd be very much onboard for another Filmation sub! Evilseed, Hunga the Harpy, Vultak, Masque, Dylamug, Granita. With Dree-elle, Yukkers and Montork thrown in for good measure!
    Biggest MOTUC wants - Filmation Evilseed! Dree-Elle & Yukkers, Dylamug, Hunga the Harpy, Multi-Bot, Dragstor, Vultak, Colonel Blast, Horde Mammoth Man and Admiral Scurvy. Why can't we get a decent Thundercats classics line!!!?

If we get an add on sub, it likely won't be announced until next February, like this year for the Filmation sub.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I don't know, Power Con or NYCC would be a good place to announce one for the front half of 2014.
    Support GENERAL SUNDER in MOTUC!

Bring on 2016: General Sunder, Evilseed (Filmation), Karg, General Tataran, King Miro, King Ahgo, Zilora, Melaktha, Hawke, Vultak, Ileena, Lizorr, Dylamug, Enchantress, Lord Masque, Colonel Blast, Kol-Darr, Snowflake, Uncle Montork, Dree-Elle and The Twiggets.

Twitter
    Fwoosh Facebook
    Facebook

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    If they announced a POP sub at Power Con I would be quite giddy.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

200x sub! Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Prahvus, Illumina, and the Horde Wraith!

Heroic Warrior
    A PoP mini-sub would pretty much finish up the rest of the Rebellion. Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Flutterina, Mermista, Double Trouble. Entrapta is and always will be Horde, so she's in the main line. Angela and Madame Razz are too prominent so in the main line they go as well. That way those that don't want "too much" PoP don't have to have it, but they still get the major players. For those that want the 6 figures listed above, they'd be available.

Another Filmation sub? Hell yeah! I really only need Lizard Man and Masque, but imagine Lizard Man, Masque, Kittrina, Vultak, Sunder, and Dial-a-mug? Again, that would pretty much wrap up Filmation for me. Sure I'd like a few others(Filmation Evil Lyn, Filmation Hordak, Widgets, Twiggets), but these would be the major players not yet done. How cool would Kittrina look next to Carnivus??

edit: I completely forgot the Trollans! Must have Montork and Dree-Elle!

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    No 2014 Club Filmation has been announced. It really all depends on the numbers of the sub according to Scott from the last Roast Gooble dinner. He stated that since last year they were at 135% for sub sales, that's why they went ahead and did that add on sub.

If sub sales get to the bear minimum, then it's harder to fight corporate for more funs to do the add on subs...BUT Scott did mention a POP sub as well as the Filmation sub...but it's all wishful hoping and thinking. I personally would sub for both of these mini-subs.
    Let's do a quick reality check here before we get anyone's hopes up, as Scott has demonstrated a tendency for hyperbole in the past only to completely reset expectations and backpedal later. Usually ticking off a lot of fans. So, in reality even if we do exceed 100-150% for the 2014 regular sub this is absolutely no guarantee Matty will okay another add-on Filmation sub for 2014. In fact I have a feeling this will have a lot more to do with 'day of' sales for the Filmation figures this year than any 'pwesents' we may unlock through our Eternia sub for 2014. From a sales and logistics perspective this even makes a degree of sense. After all, if the sales dollars just aren't there why do another add-on? Sorry if this seems like I'm being a doggy downer, but I didn't want people to assume anything that happened this year is a reflection of what WILL occur next year. Because you know we won't get the real truth until after the 2014 sub closes early next week.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Hopefully we will see a POP/Filmation mix (Queen Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Entrapta, Vultak and Hunga the Harpey would be a great mix!)
    10 figures I'd like: 10/Filmation Tung Lashor, 9/Saurod, 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Peekablue, 5/Hunga the Harpy, 4/Sssqueeze, 3/Filmation Clawful, 2/Dylamug, 1/Queen Angella.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Absolutely give me another Filmation Sub! I think they'll need to do a POP sub to get to everything. I would buy anything they put out from the classic cartoon series of He-man and She-Ra
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Just in the selfish interest of getting as many figures as possible, coupled with the fact that there are so many filmation characters to get to, I hope there is a Filmation sub in 2014 AND 2015. In fact, I would LOVE for there to be FOUR add on subs over the next couple of years. Each on 6 months long. This would be amazing:

WANT.
    WANT TOO!

I hope 200x would then get some slots they might otherwise have missed in the main sub too (although I guess Prahvus, Veena, Evilseed, and Miro are all mini-comics characters now too).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

I would like to see:

POP add-on

NA add-on

I would take Filmation add-on subs in both years! But, since the add-on subs usually come at the end of the year, I'm not sure we'd get two add-ons a year.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I'd do more mini-subs. Filmation could net us Hover Robots, Lizard Man, General Sunder, HAWKE!, Melaktha, and Masque. PoP could bring in Peekablue, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Perfuma, Double Trouble, and Entrapta much faster. NA could wrangle us Darius, Lizorr, Quakke, Mara, Sebrian, and Drissi! Mini-Comics would be amazingly cool if we got Garn, Princess Rana, Lodar, Prince Dakon, Princess Maran, and Delora!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Filmation Mini-sub was one of the best things that has ever happened to this line. I wish they had more of these types of things from the get-go.

But seeing as how this line is almost certainly our ONLY chance to get Filmation figures, I think that any future mini-subs should focus on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Let's do a quick reality check here before we get anyone's hopes up, as Scott has demonstrated a tendency for hyperbole in the past only to completely reset expectations and backpedal later. Usually ticking off a lot of fans. So, in reality even if we do exceed 100-150% for the 2014 regular sub this is absolutely no guarantee Matty will okay another add-on Filmation sub for 2014. In fact I have a feeling this will have a lot more to do with 'day of' sales for the Filmation figures this year than any 'pwesents' we may unlock through our Eternia sub for 2014. From a sales and logistics perspective this even makes a degree of sense. After all, if the sales dollars just aren't there why do another add-on? Sorry if this seems like I'm being a doggy downer, but I didn't want people to assume anything that happened this year is a reflection of what WILL occur next year. Because you know we won't get the real truth until after the 2014 sub closes early next week.
    Very good point. I believe in the last RGD Scott said it would depend on 2014 Club Eternia sub sales, as well as how this year's Filmation sub does with day-of sales. I don't think they got as many people to sign up for the Filmation sub as they had hoped, but the line was still green-lit. Which means they have more day-of figures to have to unload for the Filmation figures than they do with Club Eternia figures. That is evidenced by the supposed inventory levels being discussed in the 8/15 sales thread where Shokoti has over 2000 units and Castaspella less than 1000. It's possible that Shokoti just had more units made due to her perceived popularity than Castaspella, but there seems to be conflicting evidence on whether (and how much) they adjust production numbers from one character to the next. In some cases we're told that these decisions are made months to a year in advance, yet in other cases they are quickly able to say that a figure like Clamp Champ will have no day of sale figures, right before he's scheduled to go on sale. We don't really know for sure if that was planned in advance or if that was a last minute decision. Anyway, I digress.

Best thing to guarantee another add-on sub for next year is to buy a 2014 Club Eternia sub AND purchase Filmation figures on their day-of sales.