Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Filmation sub?

Scott said no more add-on subs after the 30th sub....and then we get a Filmation add-on sub....with needing to get as many figures as we can....I can see pushing another add-on sub through again.

Filmation, POP, variants....something demanded.

Quote Originally Posted by ZexisStryfe View Post
    200x sub! Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Prahvus, Illumina, and the Horde Wraith!
    I personally would not buy a 200X mini sub, nor would I buy an NA sub, if they offered those, I could certainly save some money.
    Recent....Eldor
    Coming....Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Wanted....
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    I think another round of Filmation characters would do well. Lord Masque, Lizard Man, Dylamug are characters I see mentioned frequently. Throw in Negator, Hunga & King Ahgo and that gives you a good balance of Filmation MOTU vs. POP as well as a goo faction balance I think. Just my opinion.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

I don't want another Filmation mini sub. I've realized there are not that many more filmation characters that I really want. Scorpia, Razz, & Imp are the main wants and will likely be in the main sub. I much prefer a 200X or mini comics sub.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

PoP:
    Perfuma, Peekablue, Flutterina, Madame Razz and Broom, Entrapta, Sweet Bee

Filmation:
    Hunga, Kittrina, Lord Masque, Lizard Man, Huntara, Vultak

Total wish list.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

I would buy another Filmation Sub, or a POP sub. But I am confused on why people want a POP sub only because I thought that we are pretty much have all the Vintage POP characters coming in 2014 and 2015. Who would we need in an add on sub from POP that wouldn't be a Filmation character?

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Fury View Post
    I would buy another Filmation Sub, or a POP sub. But I am confused on why people want a POP sub only because I thought that we are pretty much have all the Vintage POP characters coming in 2014 and 2015. Who would we need in an add on sub from POP that wouldn't be a Filmation character?
    Well, I do hear where you're coming from, but I rather be safe than sorry. I would prefer most if not ALL the POP characters to come out in 2014 JUST IN CASE 2015 doesn't happen. But I'll be subbing both year so....but I want my POP collection to be completed...i'd be very upset to have that faction incomplete.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto's Fury View Post
    It's impossible to fit 13 vintage MOTU and 9 POP in 2 years, if you also have a few NA, Filmation and 200x characters in the mix as well. If we get 6 POP figures in a mini sub, that will all but complete POP in 2014, leaving a couple for 2015, since we should get at least 2 of them in the main sub this year I'm not counting the little guys since they will almost certainly be pack ins with a full size figure.

It will probably go something like this:

2014: Glimmer and Mermista
    2014 POP Mini Sub: Queen Angella, Perfuma, Flutterina, Sweet Bee, Entrapta, Double Trouble
    2015: Peekablue and Spinnerella

I could see Loo-Kee coming with Perfuma as her accessory. Hopefully Filmation Kowl will come with Madame Razz.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

would love to see some more filmation:

who I want and theres some hope theyre gonna get produced: general sunder, lizard man, scorpia, razz/broom, granita. kittrina

who I don't want and probably will have: dylamug, hunga the harpy, robot knight, evilseed

who I friggin love but theres no way im gonna have it: garth, blackbeard, king tamusk, gleedal

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Loo-Kee View Post
    Well, I do hear where you're coming from, but I rather be safe than sorry. I would prefer most if not ALL the POP characters to come out in 2014 JUST IN CASE 2015 doesn't happen. But I'll be subbing both year so....but I want my POP collection to be completed...i'd be very upset to have that faction incomplete.
    that is quite impossible. it means 10-12 pop characters a year, too many even with a sub-on.

the POP fans must understand that there's no way you're gonna get ALL the pops vintage in the classics in this very year. no way. it's not because you don't deserve a complete collection, it's just that there are so many characters to produce and blade, rotar, ninjor and extendar will always be demamded far and far more respect fluuterina, sweet-bee, spinnerella and perfuma.
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Court Magician
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Mini-Comics would be amazingly cool if we got Garn, Princess Rana, Lodar, Prince Dakon, Princess Maran, and Delora!
    Sign me up for that sub right now!

I'm probably alone but want a He-Ro: Son of He-Man mini sub the most.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I'd like that, not because I'm particularly fond of the concept, but because I love the idea of them creating new worthwhile characters and that would be a great place to do it.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm surprised I'm saying this, but I'd be game for a mini-comic variants subscription... green Trap-Jaw, Red Beast-Man, flesh-tone Stratos, etc. They wouldn't need to get nearly as many subscribers to push something like that through since it would have basically no new sculpting or tooling dollars needed. Alternatively, they could use a few of those characters to offset the tooling for some new characters as well.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    I'd like that too...in 2018

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    As soon as a 6 figure add-on, mini-sub is announced...SOLD! (unless it's New Adventures, then no thanks. Although I might do it anyways because I have completest syndrome with MOTUC.)
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

I don't think a POP sub is necessary as Scott has stated that POP will be completed over the next 2 years in the standard Club Eternia sub.

I'd be happy to see a Filmation/Jetlag sub. That way we might get Mara and Master Sebrian.
    THE KEY! GET THE KEY!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Court Magician
    I really do hope we blow by the minimum this year, so we could get another add on sub.

I would be happy to see a NA, POP, Mini Comics, or 200X add on sub in 2014. But I REALLY want another Filmation sub the most.

There are so many Filmation characters that are awesome that would be great as a MOTUC figure.

Such as

Lizard Man
    Lord Masque
    Dragoon
    Game Master
    Lodar
    Colonel Blast
    General Sundar
    Dree Elle (maybe she could come with Dragoon)
    Madame Razz w/ Broom
    Delora

and so many more. If Mattel has the rights, they need to use them!

But, logically it would make more since to do a POP or NA mini sub, just to get the vintage characters made quicker and easier. Hopefully we will get a couple mini subs though

I would do POP mini-sub but not another Filmation one. I would even prefer a NA mini sub over Filmation.

Since it supposedly takes 1-2 years to get the stars aligned to get figures out, anything that they would announce would already have to be started by now. Otherwise, I would suggest to Matty...Let the fans decide the mini-sub. Top 2 vote getters from each of 200X, POP and NA.

I feel like Filmation had it's day in the sun with the add-on sub this year, so if there's an add-on next year, shine the spotlight on PoP or NA. I'm not too fussed about a mini-comics sub (I imagine there'd be more variants than anything else in a sub like that), or 2002 era He-Man. I say churn out the likes of Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Perfuma, Spinnerella, Peekablue, and Loo-Kee in a six-figure PoP sub for 2014!
    I'm sure the most popular remaining Filmation characters will get slotted into monthly slots in 2014 & 2015.
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Some of you guys are crazy - we waited 30 YEARS for Mattel to get Filmation rights so that we could finally get figures of those characters, so another Filmation mini-sub makes the most sense to keep pumping those guys out while they still legally can!! A POP sub makes no sense since all vintage POP is covered by the main subs in 2014 and 2015 anyway, so what would be the point? An NA sub I can kind of understand, since a lot of those guys will be left out in the new roadmap, but I'm not convinced it would be very popular. Mini-comics sub? Maybe - I think there's just enough characters there that could be largely covered. Same goes for a Son of He-Man sub or one for those new characters in the recent mini-comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Some of you guys are crazy - we waited 30 YEARS for Mattel to get Filmation rights so that we could finally get figures of those characters, so another Filmation mini-sub makes the most sense to keep pumping those guys out while they still legally can!! A POP sub makes no sense since all vintage POP is covered by the main subs in 2014 and 2015 anyway, so what would be the point? An NA sub I can kind of understand, since a lot of those guys will be left out in the new roadmap, but I'm not convinced it would be very popular. Mini-comics sub? Maybe - I think there's just enough characters there that could be largely covered. Same goes for a Son of He-Man sub or one for those new characters in the recent mini-comics.
    A pop sub could fill both voids though since many of the wanted filmation characters are horde members.

1. Madame Razz w/ Broom
    2. Hordak with Imp
    3. Dylamug
    4. Entrapta
    5. Vultak
    6. General Sundar

Just for examples.

Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    If you take the classic toy PoP characters that I mentioned (Loo-Kee, Spinnerella, Sweet Bee, Flutterina, Perfuma, and Peekablue) and yanked them out of the 2014/2015 line-up, you would be creating six regular monthly subscription figure slots that could go towards more highly-requested Filmation characters from either series (Lizard Man, Madam Razz, Dylamug, Kittrina), 2002 era (Prahvus, Kulatuk, Veena), mini-comics (Lodar, Oo-Larr), concept characters (Eldor, Darius, Mara) or NA (Hoove, Crita, Master Sebrian).
    Also, as a lot of these PoP characters aren't high on the majority of fans' radar- if you put them in their own sub, it both appeases fans of PoP who truly do want these characters all in one sub, AND the fans who don't like some of the female PoP characters like Perfuma, but would warmly welcome a PoP Horde member like Dylamug to their action figure shelves.
    At this point, I think a separate PoP sub would please both PoP fans and haters, actually... LOL. Folks who don't like some of these kinds of characters as action figures wouldn't be "stuck" with a Loo-Kee, Peekablue, or a Spinnerella in their regular Club Eternia sub. And therefore having them NOT in the regular sub makes room for other stuff that they DO want (be it from Filmation, vintage MOTU, NA, other media, etc.).
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Quote Originally Posted by Veebs View Post
    Just in the selfish interest of getting as many figures as possible, coupled with the fact that there are so many filmation characters to get to, I hope there is a Filmation sub in 2014 AND 2015. In fact, I would LOVE for there to be FOUR add on subs over the next couple of years. Each on 6 months long. This would be amazing:

Jan-Jun: PoP add-on Sub
    Jul-Dec: Filmation add-on Sub II

Jan-Jun: Minicomics add-on Sub
    Jul-Dec: Filmation add-on Sub III

WANT.
    Replace one of the Filmation subs with a NA and I'd be giddier than a school girl.

Heroic Warrior
    Characters like Lizard Man, Dylamug, and Madame Razz should be in the main sub, so they can balance out the tooling costs for them. While the ones that reuse more parts should be in the mini-subs.

I'd love to see this...

2014 (PoP and Filmation II)

JAN - Queen Angella
    FEB - Vultak
    MAR - Double Trouble
    APR - General Tataran
    MAY - Sweet Bee
    JUNE - Kittrina
    JULY - Perfuma
    AUG - Evilseed
    SEPT - Flutterina
    OCT - Negator
    NOV - Spinnerella
    DEC - Kothos

2015 (Mini-Comics/Comics and Filmation III)

JAN - Lodar
    FEB - Masque
    MAR - Crimson Fury
    APR - Red Knight
    MAY - Kex Queen
    JUNE - Melog
    JULY - Garn
    AUG - Melaktha
    SEPT - Prince Dakon
    OCT - Hunga the Harpy
    NOV - King Hiss' Slave Girl
    DEC - King Tamusk

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I would like to see:

POP add-on

NA add-on

I would take Filmation add-on subs in both years! But, since the add-on subs usually come at the end of the year, I'm not sure we'd get two add-ons a year.
    I know 2014 right now is not a given which means 2015 is a no go but a 2015 30th Anniversary PoP add on sub seams like a no brainer to me. So swap those years and I would be on board with those choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    Filmation Mini-sub was one of the best things that has ever happened to this line. I wish they had more of these types of things from the get-go.
    I completely agree! The more Filmation the better for me. It would also be a great way to knock out a few fan-demanded characters such as Razz without having to give up a spot in the main sub.