Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MOTU Classics Batros Video Review by Pixel Dan

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yeah, that would have been great. I really should have used the Orko and Shadow Weaver books for a shot in this review. One of those thigns I thought of after the fact.
    Can you post a photo of him holding them up at least. That would be sweet.

I will pose my figure with Orko's book.

Watched the original Filmation episode with Batros last night for the first time and boy howdy, I was impressed with this guy. One complaint as it pertains to the figure. In the toon he's able to conjure both energy bolts (which he liberally peppers at the feet of both the Beastman and Trapjaw) as well as spectral snakes which can solidify and turn into walkways or whatever other things Batros requires in the moment other than just to frighten. Seems like a missed opportunity on Mattel's part to do something with that. Either energy casting bolts that could fit over his fists similar to Castaspella or some kind of snake accessory(s). The mace just feels lazy and kind of a let down. Don't get me wrong, the figure is amazing looking and I can't wait to add him to my collection, but his lack of toon accurate accessory is somewhat off putting. But I guess with the episode fresh in my mind the accessory possibilities seem much more immediate.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Watched the original Filmation episode with Batros last night for the first time and boy howdy, I was impressed with this guy. One complaint as it pertains to the figure. In the toon he's able to conjure both energy bolts (which he liberally peppers at the feet of both the Beastman and Trapjaw) as well as spectral snakes which can solidify and turn into walkways or whatever other things Batros requires in the moment other than just to frighten. Seems like a missed opportunity on Mattel's part to do something with that. Either energy casting bolts that could fit over his fists similar to Castaspella or some kind of snake accessory(s). The mace just feels lazy and kind of a let down. Don't get me wrong, the figure is amazing looking and I can't wait to add him to my collection, but his lack of toon accurate accessory is somewhat off putting. But I guess with the episode fresh in my mind the accessory possibilities seem much more immediate.
    I like the way Skeletor really lays into Beastman with the insults in that one. Poor Beastman... LOL.