Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Stackable Figure Stands Review by Pixel Dan

Wow. Those are crap, just god awful terrible. Thanks for saving me a ton of money, Dan! I wouldn't even pay the add on shipping if they gave those away with every order.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Invicta View Post
    More stands that do NOT help your figures to STAND?
    This... They do nothing for holding the figures in place...And they are not high enough, I don't waste my money on this stuff...wasted potential and wasted opportunity...

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    Not for me, I could do better if I put my mind to it.
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Why buy a stand that doesn't "stand" the figure up? I have a few figures with loose ankles but it would actually be cheaper for me to buy another figure of those who are loose than to dump money into stands like this.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    You my friend, just cost Mattel stand sales from me

I had quite a few old VHS tapes destined for a upcoming yard sale, and made use of them for my display Thanks for the idea!
    LOL!!! Glad to be of help!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    Can't stand these as stands. Pun intended.

I don't see them as stands based on the review, but maybe would make it as pavement/extra flooring for Grayskull?

And I wonder how many of these it would take to make the other Grayskull wall, and how that would look?

Heroic Warrior
    Stands that actually DON'T allow your figures to stand !?!? Well, this is what I call a DUMB product, and wasted ressources !

I guess with these stackable "stands", Mattel reached a new peak in absurdity...

PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS PASS on those INEPT "stackable NO-stands" !

Heroic Warrior
    I wonder why they didn't listen to the community when they showed those stands last year?

I'll admit, I'm really not big on figure stands. I only purchased 1 of each of the previous stands for completion sake but these just don't wow me at all. With the overall negative feedback these seem to be getting, I wouldn't be surprised if these end up at Big Lots in a couple of years.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN View Post
    Hmmm...I think I'll stick to my primitive way of displaying the figures with VHS tapes!It works! They stay steady making a little staircase!
    I do the same thing! And yeah, they work great!

As for these new stands...I'm kinda confused by them. Was anyone asking for them? And I'm genuinely asking. If no one was, then why do them, especially since when we DO request non-figure items they say no because they'd rather put their limited resources into the figures?
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    One stand measures 12" in length. The lower podiums stand 1" high, the middle podium stands 2" high.
    Thank you sir.

Well, this video makes them seem a little bit more useful than I thought they were going to be at least. Still probably only getting one set of these.

I'm just so sad at what a huge, wasted opportunity these were. As people have said, all they had to do was adjust the WWE stand and they would have been great. But they tried to do something different and ended up with something half as useful. Still, I guess it saves me some money.

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I think that the stands look great... BUT... the pegs from the original Grayskull stands sucked. I was hoping for an actual peg moulded on the stands (like on the WWE stands).
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; August 19, 2013 at 02:44am.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

I like the look of them too. But, yeah, the pegs kill it for me. The usefulness of the CG and SM stands we have really varies per figure. I'd rather have just had molded in pegs, especially if there's not a lot of variety as to where they slot in. And, it stinks that you have to use a whole pack of three just to get enough height. It'd been cool if they used the same design the have, but just make 3 different heights that put the figure behind it about half or a fourth of a figure higher. For now, I'll stick with my spice racks. Maybe I'll finally give them a paint job to make them more Grayskull-like.

You know I wonder if those green styrofoam blocks you can get in different sizes at Michaels or AC Moore would work to prop them up so you didn't have to buy as many to just waste for height.
    "Problems Weaver?"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Total pass from me. I dug the Grayskull and Snake Mountain stands. No interest in these.

Easy pass for me, unless if they go 50% off or something.
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Heroic Warrior
    I buy tetris blocks at garage sales, flea markets, value village etc, these are perfect for stacking figures and cheap as chips. easy pass here, sorry!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have had pretty good luck with the regular Grayskull stands, and will probably just get a few more of them at some point.

But these...yea just not a good value. Plus I imagine they will be $15 or $18 a pop.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by stormtripper View Post
    I buy tetris blocks at garage sales, flea markets, value village etc, these are perfect for stacking figures and cheap as chips. easy pass here, sorry!
    What are Tetris Blocks? Well, besides in the game of course.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Great review as always Dan!

But, I would have liked to see a few other options. Like staggered display in a zig-zag pattern (the front stand is set and the stand behind it is placed so the figures stand in-between the ones in the front row while still remaining in the 2nd row of course). Also a criss-cross pattern where only the center section is stacked. Other creative ideas like that would have been cool. Even cutting a 2x4 to fit under a stand so it jacks up the figures would be cool.

I agree, the peg system they have is weak because is it WAYYYYYY too short of a peg! And it should be a SOLID peg that protrudes from the base. But, the ankle problem can only be blamed on the figure in this case, NOT the stand. With that, I would have loved to see figures with the corrected ankles on the stands to see how they hold up (Fisto, Fang Man, Icer, Castaspella, etc).

A different idea is to have stands that have a vertical post with a ring that clips around the figure's waist. Providing these options during the review may enhance the experience and provide options that everyone can discuss constructively rather than just pointing out flaws without offering solutions. Just a thought.

Still love the reviews. Thanks for doing them!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

Oh wow, great idea with using VHS tapes guys. I have a heap in the shed that I don't know what to do with... now I know. Why have I not thought of this? :P

Heroic Warrior
    What a joke these stands are. I guess I'll try to find a way to make my own custom stands like everyone else. Total fail Matty!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    The demand for these came from the amazing tier stand system they gave WWE . Just a bit small for MOTUC but the tier system is amazing and low cost . How did they completely screw it up?
    Yeah, I really can't understand how Mattel messed the MOTU stands up when their WWE ones are near perfect. All they had to do was adjust the size a little and change the logo!