Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll Results: Battle Royale!

I was happy to see her place so high, too! Bring her on!
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    Eldor #1?
    Does an old guy with a hood really intrigue people that much to have him in ACTION figure form? Even Dekker was more exciting.
    I'm a fan of the character. Back in the ancient days, before we even had the 1987 Style Guide, I built up a whole backstory for him and He-Ro, and tied them into the last days of the Vintage MotUverse. Right now, I've got ideas bouncing around my head for them in the 200X series as well, and while most Classics don't fit well with 200X, I can justify He-Ro, Eldor and the Star Sisters as having the substantially different aesthetic.

But he's also one of the 'ones that got away' from the vintage line, the Man-at-Arms/Sorceress to He-Ro, and it's been hinted that he's an important player in the storyline, although details are sketchy.

Plus, there's a slim chance we could get a full-fledged Book of Living Spells. Are holograms feasible on a budget nowadays? (Hmm...holographic King Grayskull/He-Man effect and Keldor/Skeletor effects could be cool.)

Glad to see Razz and Lizard Man and Granita in the top ten!!

Sad that Mara, Crita, and Sebrian placed so low
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Yup on most all points!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Jake View Post
    Must say I am completely happy with this list. I am bummed Lodar finished so low, he is in my top 2 figure requests, but I feel he is guaranteed. He is the top mini-comic character left.

As for Veena and MYP Sorceress, I feel they are one and the same. We already have the Sorceress in Classics. And for me, Veena's design was very similar to the MYP Sorceress. I would like to have the Egyptian theme thrown onto Veena. Done and done.

As for Evil Seed, he has appeared in the mini-comics as the MYP version, so that is obviously the one we will get, but I do hope they include a Filmation head.

And looking at the top 10, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that we get another Filmation mini-sub.

Now, if only Songster, Camo Kahn and Evil Robot had made this list!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    really hoping for Calix!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Glad to see Razz and Lizard Man and Granita in the top ten!!

Sad that Mara, Crita, and Sebrian placed so low
    I agree. I was hoping that Master Sebrian would not be in the basement.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Wow, intriguing results! I actually am in agreement with most of that list, but Darius, Mara and Crita would place higher. Tuvar and Baddhra are at the very bottom of my list along with Oo-Lar.
    I agree with you 100% here.

Ah well, I would have liked Crita higher than 26, but it is what it is. I think she still has a good chance of being made.

Too bad Sebrian was at the bottom. A bit ironic, since the #1 slot went to a wise old guy. I guess actually appearing in media and doing stuff really hurt his chances .

These were a lot of fun though! Thanks to Penny Dreadful for running them all
    Last edited by Barezz; August 18, 2013 at 11:50pm.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Eldor #1?
    Does an old guy with a hood really intrigue people that much to have him in ACTION figure form? Even Dekker was more exciting.
    I'm with you, I don't get the allure of Eldor.

I'm happy to see Madame Razz in the top 5, she was my #1 followed by Crita who was sadly in the bottom 5.

I don't get the variants getting voted so high in the poll.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Wow, this poll is the antithesis of what I voted. Oh well.

Hey, does anyone know why The Red Knight from She-Ra was not in this poll? If there's been some news about him already, please break it to me gentily so that I do not seem like a goober. Thanks.

I was suprised Oo-larr was so high...then realized its cause all the NA guys were below him...lol. List looks good. Eldor and Razz are probably my most wanted on there.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post

1. Eldor
    2. Lizard Man
    3. Evilseed (Mike Young Productions)
    4. Madame Razz (with Broom)
    5. Skeletor (New Adventures Toy)
    6. Robot Knights
    7. Calix
    8. Hordak (Filmation)
    9. Imp
    10. Granita
    11. Hawke
    12. Karg (1987 Movie)
    13. Horde Mummy
    14. Horde Wraith
    15. Sorceress (Mike Young Productions)
    16. Veena
    17. Despara (current DC comics)
    18. Terror Claws Skeletor
    19. Skeletor (1987 Movie)
    20. Lodar (vintage MOTU mini-comics)
    21. Tuvar
    22. Baddrah
    23. Masks of Power Demons (vintage MOTU mini-comics)
    24. Oo-lar AKA Alacala He-Man (vintage MOTU mini-comics)
    25. Evilseed (Filmation)
    26. Crita (standard version)
    27. Darius
    28. Mammoth Man
    29. Mara (dress version)
    30. Master Sebrian
    I have to admit I'm a little disappointed with the results. I can see eldor, lizard man, razz, imp, na skelly, and filmation hordak in the top ten, but calix? So many great choices (in my mind) are listed so low. Crita, MOP demons, Tuvar, Baddra, movie Skelly, filmation evil seed and poor master sebrian.

Personal Service Provider Agostinho's Avatar
    Really surprised at how high Calix is, considering there was there simply as a plot device to show how evil Hordak is, but impressive nonetheless. I would love to see the top 10 as figures for sure by the end of 2015. Sad NA guys like Darius and Crita as well as the Horde Mummy didn't fair better. I'm pretty sure we'll see NA Skeletor sooner than later.

I think Mara was hurt by being the toga version. Also there are several characters in here they CAN'T MAKE due to rights issues. Karg, Movie Skeletor, and all the concepts from Tomarts
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Eldor #1 is great. Actually want the top 9. Wish Karg was higher though
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Wow!! that Horde Mummy concept guy is really high! I still don't get the popularity of the "character"...

By the way, I really hope we get to see some of these in toy form. The eleven first characters would be great additions to the line.

And my beloved Granita made it to the top 10!!!!!!

Kind of disappointed for Lodar, Mara, Veena, Darius and Sebrian. These characters also deserve a figure in MOTUC!
    20 Most needed characters before MOTUC ends...

Heroic: Lizard Man / King Miro / Hawke / Dakon
    Evil: Evilseed
    POP: Angella / King Micah / General Sunder/ Twiggets 3 pack
    Horde: Vultak / Hunga / Prahvus
    POG: Veena
    SnakeMen: Tung Lashor / Sssqueeze
    Rock People: Granita
    NA: Darius / Sebrian

I guess I'm too young (29) to know who Eldor is, but my google images I found did not leave me impressed.

Visually though I would LOVE the Horde mummy and Karg (since I know who he is and all, "Outnumbered? Outclassed is more like it.")
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Filmation Hordak still made the top 10! Too bad there are those that still refuse to see his worth as a figure.... #8 of 729 votes....

Lizard Man, and the Hover Bots too! Can seriously live without NA Skeletor over TC Skeletor though, but I get why he's wanted....he's Skeletor, and we already have NAHM.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'm too young (29) to know who Eldor is, but my google images I found did not leave me impressed.

Visually though I would LOVE the Horde mummy and Karg (since I know who he is and all, "Outnumbered? Outclassed is more like it.")
    Eldor was a figure that was supposed to come out with He-Ro back in the day. But the line ended before they could come out, Eldor actually has the potential to be a cool figure, he reminds me of Obi Wan, but older. I didn't even know about him until I came into the line 2 years ago.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    So glad to see 200X Evilseed demolish Filmation Evilseed
    I am very happy to see MYP Evilseed ranked so highly on the list.

I know some would prefer a Filmation Evilseed but Filmation fans have their own sub and those of us who would like more MYP don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Yeah, that was fairly nice to see. Though fairly predictable I thought.
    So much for the argument by some that MYP Evilseed is bland in comparison to the Artichoke.

Lachanophobia be damned!
    Last edited by MasterCollector; August 19, 2013 at 05:22am.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Thrilled with the rankings, particularly for Madame Razz, Filmation Hordak, Imp and of course GRANITA! All in the Top 10. Fab. I'm also a bit mystified by Calix's high position. I find his design pretty dull, to be honest...

Will you guys be posting the tallies for the individual polls? It would be interesting to see how each polls numbers compare with the others - I imagine they would be roughly the same, with some differences (eg. Filmation Hordak triumphed in the variants poll, yet NA Skeletor is higher here - and the top Filmation characters are shuffled around a bit in the Battle Royale, compared to their rankings in the Filmation poll).
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - The Melog - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina - the Twiggets King Ahgo

And here lies my disconnect with MOTU fans .... Eldor, Lizard Man, Evilseed.... Sorry but WHO? I mean Skeletor's Robot Knights are even in front of Imp? A Horde Mummy and Wraith sank the MYP Sorceress to dead middle of the list?...Ummm, Is it me or have I been missing out on whatever it is you people pass around here? What shoulda happened was KARG # 1. Oye! think I'll go sink my head in the Tar Pit now, Where the heck is that thing now?

You put Karg at #1? What are you passing around?
    Just messing with you.

Heroic Warrior Matthew L. Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    Too bad Sebrian was at the bottom. A bit ironic, since the #1 slot went to a wise old guy. I guess actually appearing in media and doing stuff really hurt his chances .
    Given some of the decisions he made and the way he sometimes acted in the cartoon, it probably did hurt him.

As a NA fan, I think what hurts Sebrien is his design. If Eldor is just some guy in a hood, Sebrien is just some guy in a robe! And, I think it's a bit hard to wrap the head around how he'll look on a MOTUC buck.

But, I'd still like him. I haven't watched a ton of NA yet (still working towards it, but I have a lot more FILMation MOTU/She-Ra to watch) but I enjoyed Sebrien as a character. But, I'd actually want more of the Galactic Protectors, Space Mutants, Mara and Crita before him from an on-the-shelf perspective.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Eldor was the one that got away for sure, he is the long lost Vintage figure.

He wasn't just some concept drawing.

The painted prototype was featured in a catalog.
    He was fully tooled and at least 2 test shots were made that we know of.
    His cardback was finished.

He was just never released.

MOTUC will not be complete without him, IMHO.
    Last edited by Torak; August 19, 2013 at 11:15am.

Quote Originally Posted by Torak View Post
    Eldor was the one that got away for sure, he is the long lost Vintage figure.

He wasn't just come concept drawing.

The painted prototype was featured in a catalog.
    He was fully tooled and at least 2 test shots were made that we know of.
    His cardback was finished.

He was just never released.

MOTUC will not be complete without him, IMHO.
    This also happened with Mara and Darius in the NA line. I feel the same way all three need to be done in Classics to fulfill some promises from the past.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.