Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Poll Results: Battle Royale!

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    You put Karg at #1? What are you passing around?
    Just messing with you.
    Well I put Karg #1 and I'm proud of it!

*Drinking the Movie Kool-aid since 1987.

I can say that I want ALL of the figures in this list. I can see why they are where they are. For me it is about cool toys (Horde Mummy & Mammoth Man) and key characters (Madame Razz & Master Sebrian).

I'm one that understands the Eldor desire, but I'm personally not a fan of the old book wielding, maroon hoodie dude. But he is needed to complete the lost vintage line.

If we all just keep buying subs and we will see all/most of these great characters.

Darius deserved a better position!! Hope to see robot knights in 2014!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by EagleOne View Post
    *Drinking the Movie Kool-aid since 1987.

I'm bummed Terror Claws Skeletor ranked that low. Belly shirt aside, I love that figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I agree with you 100% here.

Ah well, I would have liked Crita higher than 26, but it is what it is. I think she still has a good chance of being made.

Too bad Sebrian was at the bottom. A bit ironic, since the #1 slot went to a wise old guy. I guess actually appearing in media and doing stuff really hurt his chances .

These were a lot of fun though! Thanks to Penny Dreadful for running them all
    I agree about Master Sebrian and Eldor. Aren't they both basically the equivalent of the Sorceress?
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

I think the results show a lot of hope for me as a PoP fan and a fan of female characters in general.

I'm tired of Madame Razz being the butt of jokes - and this poll shows that she is clearly very desired in the line. Happy about Filmation Hordak/Imp as well, and Granita breaking the top 10 is awesome.

I have a feeling the Sorceress variant (which used to feel much more demanded) was where she is because we already have two, and I think it's hard with so few slots left for many to justify a 3rd version - even though, yes, MYP fans, I know she looks much different. I wouldn't mind her, but she definitely is not a "must have" for me before the line ends - and I think this poll shows that she doesn't have quite as much support as she used to.

Overall, though, I have to say that really does come pretty close to what I feel I see in various threads for support of different characters - seems pretty spot-on (and well mixed) to me.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    This also happened with Mara and Darius in the NA line. I feel the same way all three need to be done in Classics to fulfill some promises from the past.
    One my point all my fellow NA fans should take into consideration is this:
    Many Filmation characters ranked closer to the top while many New Adventures characters from the Jetlag cartoon ranked near the bottom. But the margin of popularity between each character was even and relatively small throughout the entire poll which suggests a solid list of potential MOTUC characters despite ranking.
    Which means that even for the lower ranked characters there is still a lot of solid support in the poll.

So disappointed Veena and the 200X Sorceress ranked so low.

I am wondering what the results would have been if the question was: Which character do you NOT want to see in MOTUC?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    So disappointed Veena and the 200X Sorceress ranked so low.
    Getting that god-awful Eternian Palace King Randor variant instead of an MYP Sorceress or Randor variant is tragic.

What makes it worse is both EP Randor and Sorceress figures are extremely hindered because of their design.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Geez, my wants are way off, heheh!

I'm sad to see Terror Claws Skeletor ranked so low; He's one of my top wants, second only to Filmation Hordak. I'd also swap out MYP Evilseed with his Filmation version...Replace Eldor, Calix, Karg, and the Horde Mummy with Veena, Despara, Lodar, and Crita...And finally, move up most of the NA figures over the concept ones.

Oh well, 7/10 of the top ten list isn't bad!
    Like He-Man & She-Ra artwork? Check out my latest art and MOTUC pics at Havoc Staff!

It's possible people ranked him so low because he seems sort of like a given.

Really happy about Eldor taking the top spot. With all the negativity surrounding "concept/un-produced" figures, this may send a message to Scott not to rule them out completely.

But as for the rest of the top 10, I only had one other figure that appeared on my list; NA Skeletor which I'm fairly certain we'll see anyway. I guess I'll just have to live with my kitbashed Oo-lar/Original Mini-Comic He-man for the foreseeable future while Razz's arrival seems inevitable.

I love how even MYP destroyed most of the other lines makes me wonder where Count Marzo would be if he wasn't already made. it really bugs me that they would make Dekker over Evilseed looks like they should try 2 new subs for 2014 filmation and MYP. I can totally see Eldor being one of my favorites though honestly he was in my top 5 just because I knew he would place that high. Madame Razz before Calix?! really?! I guess it's just me, of course I also picked Tuvar and Badrah over madame Razz. Horde mummy got no love on this list which is weird oh well more than half of these guys in figure form would be great that being said.....
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I see a lot of love for those remaining MYP 200x characters.
    Horde Wraiths even made it in.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Very surprised by Evilseed and Lizard Man. Otherwise the top 10 are exactly what I hoped for!

So...The Red Knight. Anyone know the story as to why he wasn't included?

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Madame Razz before Calix?! really?! I guess it's just me, of course I also picked Tuvar and Badrah over madame Razz.
    Why is that surprising? Even if you down like Razz (which is fine, you are entitled to have your likes and dislikes), the is a major character from the POP cartoon, one of the few that share She-Ra's 'secret,' and in many ways is the "Orko" of that series. You are surprised that she got more votes than a character that appeared in one episode of MYP for like 5 seconds as an excuse for Hordak to have someone to kill?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind a Calix figure. He was probably somewhere roughly in the middle of my vote submission, but he is such a minor, no-nothing character that honestly I'm surprised he even ranked as high as he did in the final results.

I also wouldn't mind Tuvar and Badrah since the are the origin of Two-bad (they ranked much higher in my vote than Calix did), and it would allow a lot of tooling reuse from Two-Bad, but even they aren't make or break, and I can see where many might consider them redundant of what we are already getting.

Though I'm also surprised in some other aspects of the results. While in general I'm not surprised that the NA characters were all lower down, I was a little surprised that Master Sebrian got the absolute last place. I thought such a main character from the NA show would have ranked higher. I'm not really disappointed or anything since I'm not really an NA fan, just surprised.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dokto View Post
    So...The Red Knight. Anyone know the story as to why he wasn't included?
    LOL! Here, three days later, I am going to say no one knows or they just don't give a damn. Seriously, though is this something everyone knows about, (i.e. the Red Knight) except me?

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Quote Originally Posted by Dokto View Post
    LOL! Here, three days later, I am going to say no one knows or they just don't give a damn. Seriously, though is this something everyone knows about, (i.e. the Red Knight) except me?
    The characters for the poll were the top characters selected from the Org voting threads and then put into mainpage Org polls. The Red Knight didn't make the cut in the Filmation vote, I'm afraid. Here's the tally for Filmation:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post3275241

The Red Knight received 59 votes so he didn't crack the top 25 and thus didn't make it into the mainpage polls.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

Thank you, Penny!

Heroic Warrior
    very pleased about Eldor, hes my main want,
    i recon hes the 'Plundor type' figure TG was talking about as the one figure that there bringing out, whos not vintage,pop,NA,etc,..

hope im right, maybe they could use that dark knight body with the less ripped abbs, with a hood/robe as a overlay, to give him a older feel to the body, this guy needs his book, a book stand, and the staff(twig) that the prototype is holding in some of the old pictures

Quote Originally Posted by MasterCollector View Post
    Getting that god-awful Eternian Palace King Randor variant instead of an MYP Sorceress or Randor variant is tragic.

What makes it worse is both EP Randor and Sorceress figures are extremely hindered because of their design.
    EP Randor is the Randor I always wanted, regardless of the misses that he fell victim to, and that I blame the lame ass Mattel design for and not the figure, same with Sorceress.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I'm bummed Terror Claws Skeletor ranked that low. Belly shirt aside, I love that figure.
    Me too

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    EP Randor is the Randor I always wanted, regardless of the misses that he fell victim to, and that I blame the lame ass Mattel design for and not the figure, same with Sorceress.
    Well, it's good that you got a figure that you and some other Filmation fans have always wanted but I don't recall EP Randor selling out which IF correct, tells me that he wasn't as universally popular with the overall fanbase or beneficial to the strength of the line as a whole.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."