Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: End of Wars Weapons Pak Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

End of Wars Weapons Pak Video Review by Pixel Dan

Alright, one more MOTUC review for now! Here's the End of Wars Weapons Pak!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I think this is an awesome weapons pack. Totally worth it just for rattlor armor and kowl! I'm excited for a weapons pack.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Thanks for another awesome review. I'm not impressed with the selection this time around and would rather have Kowl in his alternate color scheme, but I'll still be picking this up for Rattlor's armor. Strangely enough I really liked how those weapons looks at Granamyr's feet, and the Sir Laserlot repaints.

Thanks Dan.

How do the green He-Man weapons look on NA He-Man. Figured they might be a replacement for his laser sword.

Thanks for another great review Dan. All these reviews recently have got me really excited for the rest of 2013 and beyond!!!

Lime Green He-man Weapons: Reuben, why do you like Green so much?
    Silver Sir Laser Lot Weapons: Great! We can always use more metal looking weapons.
    Gold Weapons: They seem ok. Meh...
    Black Hurricane Hordak: Trap Jaw for the win!
    Silver Trapjaw weapons: Roboto for the win!
    Blue BP She-ra Sword: Looks good with Netossa.
    Strobo's Gun: Looks great. I like the space look and the similarity to Zodac's gun.
    Rattlor's armor: Looks good. And Beefs him up.
    Kowl: YAY for Kowl! Love that we are finally getting a little guy. And I agree, he needs a flight stand.

I'm sad it's the last weapons pak. These were always a yearly highlight for me.

Not as good as the last weapons pack but really glad we got Ratlor's armour and Strobo's gun
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

How does the green he-man weapons look on na he-man?

Sir laser Lot actually looks better with the silver versions of his weapons IMO.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Great review! Looking forward to all of the weapons and Kowl

Also, this is my 6,000th POST!!!
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior
    No need for Kowl, but the green He-man weapons are sweet... Will put them in DB & BA Skeletor`s hands... the arm attachments are okay, the rattlor armor is nice, but the Rack weapons would be better in red to match the upcoming Horde Troopers...

Dan why is the opening to your reviews always the Snake mountain one now? What happend to the He-man Grayskull opening?
    Looking forward to the entire 2014 & 2015 line

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Dan why is the opening to your reviews always the Snake mountain one now? What happend to the He-man Grayskull opening?
    The Snake Mountain one is now my "standard" opening. I had to make some updates to logos and music used, and didn't bother having Ryan put in the work to update all of the intros. It's a lot of work, and I appreciate what he's able to do for me. He's actually workig on a brand new "standard" MOTU intro video for me which will be on all MOTU videos I do going forward once it's complete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    How does the green he-man weapons look on na he-man?
    I'm kind of surprised so many people want to see those green weapons on NA He-Man. I don't get an NA vide form them at all. Heh. But I'll try to get you guys a shot of them asap!

Great weapons pack, I'll be getting it for Kowl, Netossa's sword and Strobo's gun.

Great review Pixel Dan! I like most of the weapons actually. I will be adding my own metallic paint apps to mine, lol! Rattlor's armor doesn't fit as well as the 200X armor does, but it's cool to finally have it. Now if we could just get a 200X style head to replace the derpy one Rattlor already has...

I absolutely love Kowl. I love that he was modeled after the Filmation cartoon, and I do love the color choice too! I call him 'Butter Cream Kowl'.

Heroic Warrior
    Great review Dan. Unfortionately I canīt say that I am allthat impressed with a lot of the choices in here. The repainted Laser-Lot weapons look ok though, and its nice to have the Netossa sword. The repainted weapons to give to Roboto and Trap Jaw does feel like its starting to get old though. Really the only think I think I would like to see for either of them is TJs Filmation energy bow, as that would be awesome.

However, while there are no "must have" weapons in here for me, the only think I really need from there is Kowl, and that MAY be enough for me to purchase it. While he does seem a little small, that is probably just because Im used to the vintage toy, which was definately out od scale with the figures. Speaking of which, Im surprisingly ok with the colour choice. I like that he has his Flimation look, but the toy colours still seem to work, and is a nice blend of the two styles. It satisfies both the cartoon fan AND the vintage toy fan in me, and that is awesome. (Though I WILL miss his question and answer gimick from the old toy)

Thanks again, Dan! I'd call this pack "good enough", though I suppose there will always be some odd choices here and there. At least there's nothing like the Clawfull mace from last time! Overall this is enough to get me to buy my usual two packs ('cause I need more of them Laser Lot weapons). The only drawbacks for me is the lack of paint apps; I woulda put Kowl in a pack with someone who doesn't get very many accessories (rather than sacrifice paint apps on a pack that only has weapons and thus uses paint apps as a sort of incentive in itself). Also, I would have molded Netossa's sword in white rather than blue...it doesn't really match correctly in blue. Her shield is white with a blue gem, so you'd think the sword would be white as well (with the same blue gem).

Ah well, like I said, it's good enough! I totally love random new color schemes for weapons, but this pack would have wowed a little more like the others if they were allowed the same extra paint apps. The He-Man weapons just don't look right without the shiny blade parts like the Faker weapons.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Aaaaah ! I think I'll buy this weapons pack ! Kowl, Rattlor's armor and Strobo's gun are cool to get ! (Hum... is Rattlor's armor really hard to snap ? It seems like this was not looked into properly by Mattel's design team...)

But I guess Mattel's design team still had a brainfart when it came to Nettossa's sword... NO MORE GUMMY WEAPONS, PLEASE !!! You'll note that it's the FEMALE FIGURE ACCESSORY who got messed up, once again...

Sir Laser Lot's weapons painted silver are a nice addition, and can be used with many figures, so I'm happy with these as well.

The accessories for Trap-Jaw and Roboto are cool, but were not really necessary. And the golden and green weapons are just plain repaints. The Green weapons could be OK for some members of the Snakemen, I suppose. The gold weapons can be used with a variety of figures...

I wish Netossa's headgear would have been featured, though... Skeletor's accessories in Leo Faker's colors would have been nice too.

I wonder if this will really be the last weapons pack... or could it be that it will be replaced by an accessories pack next year ? Only time wil tell...
    Last edited by Prahvus; August 19, 2013 at 12:45pm.

I'm giving the HH stuff to Horde Prime. Maybe painting silver accents as a nod to HP's hands!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Really liking the SLL weapons and of course the newly tooled stuff. Strobo will look great with that rifle! I will try out the HH attachments on Horde Prime and see if I like the Trap Jaw pieces on Cy-Chop, since he already has the belt loops to carry two of them. It would also help to give him the claw and the hook so that he can interact with other figures without having to stay a minimum six feet back at all times.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Yay!!! Kowl!!!
    Does Galactus fart?

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DO4M View Post
    I'm giving the HH stuff to Horde Prime. Maybe painting silver accents as a nod to HP's hands!
    Im going to clip the silver TJ weapons on Cy-Chop's belt lol. I wont use them for Roboto anyway AND they match Cy-Chop's paint scheme.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Im going to clip the silver TJ weapons on Cy-Chop's belt lol. I wont use them for Roboto anyway AND they match Cy-Chop's paint scheme.
    That's a really good call! I hadn't even thought of that!

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Thanks.
    Also, if you get a chance could u take a pic of Tri-Klops with the silver Lazer-Lot sword?
    Thanks again Dannyboy
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Warrior
    I bought a second Rattlor for the armor hopefully the Pak doesn't become subscription only like 2 Bad.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jestermon View Post
    I bought a second Rattlor for the armor hopefully the Pak doesn't become subscription only like 2 Bad.
    The Weapons pack isn't part of the 2013 subscription. Another great job Dan!