Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End of Wars Weapons Pak Video Review by Pixel Dan

Looking forward to this overall. I am looking forward to seeing how the Rattlor armor looks on some of the Snakemen army builder guys, as I'll probably put it on one of those for more variety.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

I really like the green sword! Makes me want to make a 'slime pit he-man' for them to go with. Part of me is holding out hope there's a clear one as next year's 'chase' figure.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Thanks for the review! I will buy this for Kowl, Netossa's sword and Rattlor's armor.

Dan, in your video Rattlor's armor appears to be riding a little high. Is it possible to get it lower and to sling the lower straps along the ab crunch to make it fit better?
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Hmmm, this is OK. Will definitely get, but some odd choices.

I love Kowl, but think he would've been better packed in with a figure rather than taking away from the paint apps in a weapons pak.
    Also, he is too small for my liking, I would've preferred him a little bigger, Filmation colours, in a flight pose on a flight stand, like Orko.

See, clearly the same size as Orko, but much smaller in your vid!

The green He-Man weapons are kinda cool even though I have no use for them.

Silver TJ weapons are very cool... the hook should look awesome on Cy-Chop!

I've never liked that Rattlor armor, the bright colours make it look too cartoony for me, but it'd look cool on one of the Snake Men, I wish I hadn'd sold my extra set now.

Disappointing about the lack of paint apps on Strobo's gun. It kinda sucks that we couldn't get it with Strobo because of cost, and then have to fork out extra for it in a Weapons Pak, but still can't get it as intended because of cost, despite paying more for it! Madness.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Other than the weapons rack, this will be the only weapons pack I have brought. Looks the best one so far though without Kowl I wouldn't have bothered. Kowl looks so tiny though next to Orko and especially the 80s toy version!
    Only things I don't like are the green He-man weapons. I have no use for them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Im going to clip the silver TJ weapons on Cy-Chop's belt lol. I wont use them for Roboto anyway AND they match Cy-Chop's paint scheme.
    YOU MAGNIFICENT GOD! I hadn't even thought of that! Fantastic! And since I'm getting two sets that should be some awesome double guns for him. Thank you!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    @Dan: Are the golden weapons molded in that color or painted over?

Evil Master of Ducks Squishy Duck Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    YOU MAGNIFICENT GOD! I hadn't even thought of that! Fantastic! And since I'm getting two sets that should be some awesome double guns for him. Thank you!
    I did. I posted the same idea two posts before NastyNate.
    Top 5 most wanted MOTUC figures: Lord Masque / Saurod / Mult-Bot / Angella / Sssqueeze

Happily invading Castle Grayskull with hippos is my true hobby.

Dan of the Pixels... Can you please post some pictures of the silver trap jaw weapons with/on Cy-Chop?
    Since it is such a great idea, I'd just like to see how they match.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    @Dan: Are the golden weapons molded in that color or painted over?
    They are molded in that color. No paint on them, it seems.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Good stuff Dan!

If you do find yourself in the mood for snapping a few pictures later on, can I request these?

-Frosta wielding the Netossa sword
    -Cy-Chop "wearing" the Trap Jaw attachments
    -Nepthu wielding some of the gold weapons

Thanks!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Aside from Kowl being a little undersized…I'm REALLY looking forward to this weapons pack! Kowl, Netossa's sword, Strobo's gun and Rattlor's armor all make this pack well worth snagging! Thank you for another great review PD!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I'm expecting Kowl in Filmation colours to show up packed in with another figure, now that all the tooling is done.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things arenít absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I donít collect toys to be miserable. So Iíd rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    They are molded in that color. No paint on them, it seems.
    Thank you, it`s good that they mold some weapons in that color. I hope, they`ll release some other demanded weapons next year with the figures, like the white Hordak crossbow

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Well, the only thing I really want from the pack is the Rattlor armor. I guess I'll have to find someone who wants to sell theirs.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Heroic Warrior
    So really it's just the beak,feet,hands,eyes,eye brows that are different on the Filmation?

If I manage to pic up a pack or 2 I will have no use for the Kowls.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I think you meant to say "Catra's Sword" in the video. You said Starburst She-Ra. She hasn't been released.

I love Netossa's sword, Strobo's gun and Kowl. Rattlor's armour looks fantastic, but I think it doesn't look right with that head. It makes me want a new, meaner, less silly looking head.

I love, love, LOVE Kowl's colours but REALLY wish he had ball-jointed shoulders. Then we could have made a good flying pose. Heck, the Ewoks from Star Wars are just as small as him and have a LOT more articulation!

Either way, I'm getting 3-4 because of Kowl (must have Kowla and Red Eye).

Quote Originally Posted by sirsniffy View Post
    I absolutely love Kowl. I love that he was modeled after the Filmation cartoon, and I do love the color choice too! I call him 'Butter Cream Kowl'.
    OMG @ Butter Cream Kowl! Too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Also, I would have molded Netossa's sword in white rather than blue...it doesn't really match correctly in blue. Her shield is white with a blue gem, so you'd think the sword would be white as well (with the same blue gem).
    The made the sword as it was shown on the cardback. It would have been nice to get the blue shield too, but what can you do?

To be really accurate, it was a repaint of the variant Starburst She-Ra sword that had the LONG "jewel" sticker. We don't have that sword yet:

Quote Originally Posted by Fright Zone View Post
    Also, he is too small for my liking, I would've preferred him a little bigger, Filmation colours, in a flight pose on a flight stand, like Orko.

http://basementrejects.com/wp-conten...orko-kowl1.jpg

See, clearly the same size as Orko, but much smaller in your vid!
    His size varied GREATLY in the show and other media.

Last edited by Darkspecter; August 19, 2013 at 09:35pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I think you meant to say "Catra's Sword" in the video. You said Starburst She-Ra. She hasn't been released.
    I think he meant Bubble Power She-Ra's sword.

On Kowl, to me he's the perfect size. I wanted him to sit reasonably on Bow's shoulder.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post

His size varied GREATLY in the show and other media.
    I didn't know that Kowl's size was not consistent in the Filmation cartoon. How odd.
    I can live with his size, but it would be nice if he was just a little bigger, it's shame his size/articulation probably has a lot to do with the Weapons Pak budget limitations.

Cool to see that pic from the Ladybird books, it seems the new toy most closely resembles that version in terms of both size and colouring.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

What's in Kowl's hinged chest?
    kowl comparison time.jpg
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

I'm definitely picking one of these up. Rattlor looks way cool with the armor. He looks too plain now without it. And I have been looking forward to Kowl, but man, did they really have to have that huge Trademark lettering covering his one ear? Throw that wording underneath his tail or something.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Glad to be getting Kowl. Strobo's weapon and even Rattlor's armour too though i've been using a spare 200X Rattlor armour piece since we've had Rattlor. A sword for Netossa is cool too. The repaints are ok, not sure what i'll do with them yet.

I do wonder though if the repaints in this Weapons Pak have met any fans demands, for example, listed in one of the threads on here somewhere.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Great review, Dan! Not necessarily feeling this set and I may pass, but would be nice to get the Rattlor armor and Kowl.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Great ideas about Prime and Cy-Chop.

I'll actually be able to display them both at the same time now! With one Prime hand each, and a legit back-up weapon attached to the other. That's so great. Great belt idea. LOVE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    What's in Kowl's hinged chest?

Nothing that you didn't put there yourself.

Looking forward to Kowl, Rattlor armor, and Stobo's gun....don't need the rest though.