Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: End of Wars Weapons Pak Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Glad to be getting Kowl. Strobo's weapon and even Rattlor's armour too though i've been using a spare 200X Rattlor armour piece since we've had Rattlor. A sword for Netossa is cool too. The repaints are ok, not sure what i'll do with them yet.

I do wonder though if the repaints in this Weapons Pak have met any fans demands, for example, listed in one of the threads on here somewhere.
    I've been screaming for TJ weapons in silver for Roboto for what seems like forever.

On the subject of Kowl, totally agree with those who think he should be Orko sized, Filmation colored, and articulated as such. As is he's just another Cringer.

Can't wait for Rattlor's armor and Kowl. Thanks for another great review Pixel Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    I've been screaming for TJ weapons in silver for Roboto for what seems like forever.

On the subject of Kowl, totally agree with those who think he should be Orko sized, Filmation colored, and articulated as such. As is he's just another Cringer.
    TJ weapons being used for Roboto is cool, I thought about that but I might give Cy-Chop a Horde Prime hand and a TJ weapon for the other.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Squishy Duck Man View Post
    I did. I posted the same idea two posts before NastyNate.
    Lol, shows how much I pay attention! Then I extend the compliments to you as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    The made the sword as it was shown on the cardback. It would have been nice to get the blue shield too, but what can you do?

http://darah.com/she-ra/images/img/netossa/3.gif
    Oh yeah, I gettcha there. Since they went with the white shield though, I think they should have skipped the blue sword and went with the white sword as well.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    What's in Kowl's hinged chest?
    Attachment 87341
    The vintage Kowl worked like a magic 8-ball (playing off of his "know it all owl" tagline. You would ask him a yes or no question, then open his chest. A colored square would randomly appear in his chest, each color signifying yes, no or maybe.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Looking forward to this Weapons Pack...I wish it weren't in October though.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Thanks Dan!....now I want a Slime Pit He-Man....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Very excited about this set. Will have to make a 200X custom Rattlor for the awesome armor.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Great review, as always PD!
    I'm really looking forward to this pack. Kowl!! (Prefer filmation colors but some paint outta fix that for me) Rattlor's armor (finally can add some something to enhance his look), Strobo's gun, silver TJ arsenal and Netossa's sword. Really digging this set, already knowing that added paint apps are never really given to the weapon packs, this set is still a great one. I'll get to add my own touch and dabble on some paint to make 'em pop!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    yeah, i dont have a need for most of those repeated weapons. i do like that the sll weapons are in silver. the gold shield & weapons are nice too far as repeats. the sword for netossa is not doing it for me.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Kowl don't look too small for me.

Last edited by Mimikrakra; August 20, 2013 at 07:16am.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I might give the green He-Man weapons to King Hsss, they will go nicely with until Mattel release the Slimed He-Man.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    The Snake Mountain one is now my "standard" opening. I had to make some updates to logos and music used, and didn't bother having Ryan put in the work to update all of the intros. It's a lot of work, and I appreciate what he's able to do for me. He's actually workig on a brand new "standard" MOTU intro video for me which will be on all MOTU videos I do going forward once it's complete.
    Dan, Whatever you do.............. But please, don't change that SM intro music (even though I prefer V1 of that BGM) ! It is EPIC !!

As for the review ! AWESOME as always !!!

But IMO, other than Kowl, Rattlors armour & Strobo's gun (the original proto was awesome BTW), everything sucks ! OK, I can go with Netossa sword, but where is her mask ??
    Last edited by TUC138; August 20, 2013 at 10:19am.
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

MOTUC Mini Comics, Sub Exclusive Maps & Castle Grayskull Exclusive Posters FOR SALE !

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimikrakra View Post
    Kowl don't look too small for me.
    Yeah, I agree. If anything the Orko figure is too big. I thyink I remember even saying that way back when he came out.

I'll see what I can do about getting you guys some of your requested additional images. Please bear with me, though. I've got several other review deadlines that I really need to meet. So I'll get them as time permits.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

I also think he could have been a wee bit bigger, but no matter.

I'll see what I can do about getting you guys some of your requested additional images. Please bear with me, though. I've got several other review deadlines that I really need to meet. So I'll get them as time permits.
    Has anyone requested a Kowl with vintage POP Bow shot? I'd love a shot of the new know-it-owl with his vintage buddy, if you would Dan.

Thanks again for the great review! Love seeing group pictures of the She-Ra characters (but I'm sure I've already said that a million times, LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

Tell your boss to get off your case about those review deadlines!

I'll be adding my own paint apps to most of these weapons...

Macduff, Scotland. United Kingdom of Eternia.
    That's a nice set of weapons. I will definitely be trying to pick up one of these packs. Another excellent review Dan, Thanks
    Take each day as it comes, but never take it for granted.

Snappy Threader
    Best ever just because of Kowl. Rattlor armor is cool, I'm not such a fan of the rest but my son already love them all.

I'll definitely be using the green He-Man weapons with NA He-Man. I like his laser sword and shield, but these make that figure fit in MUCH more with the other He-Man figures. That was my first thought when I saw them actually. The shield even has gold in it (too bad they didn't paint the hilt of the sword gold also). They look to me like they took his laser sword and shield and "classicized" them along with throwing in his axe. These are the things (aside from Kowl) that I'm most excited about from this pack. Definitely my favorite pack yet, overall.
    Last edited by galaxysurfer; October 5, 2013 at 03:15pm.

I'm not sure I need armor for Rattlor.

However...it might look nice on a snakeman soldier...

Gonna have to skip this one unfortunately. October is going to be crazy expensive

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm not sure I need armor for Rattlor.

However...it might look nice on a snakeman soldier...
    I need it, because right now I think Rattlor looks pretty plain and well...a bit stupid. It's mostly his head sculpt. The open mouth looks bad, similar to what happened with Leech. Would have preferred his 200X head. Hoping the 200X heads pak included Gen. Rattlor.

But anyhow, the armor makes him look less derpy IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
    Im going to clip the silver TJ weapons on Cy-Chop's belt lol. I wont use them for Roboto anyway AND they match Cy-Chop's paint scheme.
    I also think that's an amazing idea. Thanks for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    the green He-man weapons are sweet... Will put them in DB & BA Skeletor`s hands...
    if the green is the same as the lock, I'm definately giving that sword to DB Skelly now, thanks for the suggestion. Even if it isnt but close enough, I may have to just to mix it up. Great idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Looking forward to this overall. I am looking forward to seeing how the Rattlor armor looks on some of the Snakemen army builder guys, as I'll probably put it on one of those for more variety.
    that's exactly what I'm doing. I dont want or need the General, but the armour is cool and should look great, and fit better, on the Snakeman with Rattlor body. Heck, he can be "the General"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post

-Nepthu wielding some of the gold weapons
    another great idea. The mace, I think.

So of course I'm happy about the (I dont own yet) Strobo getting his gun, but I am supprised and a little pleased no one is complaining about it having two handles instead of how it was originally designed.

Nettossa's Sword is welcom, though that cardback pic does make me think about repainting her sheild in blue.

thinking about giving the Sir Sword or Mace to Lt. Spector, since I felt he shoudl be more officer looking. Not sure though, I'm sure that mace is going to look great with someone who needs a basic weapon. I feel Clamp Champ needs it, and it'd be cool since both he & Lazer Lot evidently become "Men At Arms" Actually, that seals it for me.

Black HH weapons, skip. Cool they exist, but no need for me. Good they did it though.
    Last edited by baronterror; October 6, 2013 at 02:28pm.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    thinking about giving the Sir Sword or Mace to Lt. Spector, since I felt he shoudl be more officer looking. Not sure though, I'm sure that mace is going to look great with someone who needs a basic weapon.
    I'm giving that mace to Strongarm when I get him. The only weapon he comes with is the laser gun from a different Filmation episode. I think he'll look awesome with that mace since he has a spiked metal theme anyhow.