Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Comb Weapons Aren't So Bad

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    No more combs. Thank you.

This. I'm not a fan.

I was cool with it, and I thought it worked well with She-Ra. Would have worked fine with Catra if they had done it better, but it's still not bad. I can imagine that if anyone gets past her whip range, she can stop a blade on the tongs of the "comb." Of course, it's not really a comb, but a sword breaker (closest thing to the comb design) so I'm all for the ability to break a blade. I would like to see what else they can turn the combs into, but the majority seems to be all ticked about them. Dunno why.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i replaced with the red whip for catra
    Good idea! I like comb weapons though, and hope they continue them.

I tihnk they are very clever and a nice homage like the faux-dials, but not including one with every figure won't lessen anything for me
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

no more comb weapons? that's great news.

Now if they decide to drop anything related to the vintage pop line, I'd be happy, Filmation is the way for characters from the She-ra cartoon.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    Now if they decide to drop anything related to the vintage pop line, I'd be happy, Filmation is the way for characters from the She-ra cartoon.
    They kind of already have. They've chosen bland over detailed.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

It's funny, I liked Catra's comb whip better in person than when I saw the pics. But I don't think every POP woman needs them.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I don't think it's "bland", I think it's fine.

And I preffer "bland" over ridiculous, I just can't take Catra's shield or sword seriously.
    Last edited by Romer; May 22, 2011 at 11:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's funny because I've felt all 3 made so far are much more detailed than any of the original figures? Figures that I had zero interest in the Four Horsemen have made them desirable for me to own. Just a few of the weapon choices have been disappointing to me.

The comb-whip is awesome. It looks much better in person, than in the pics. I honestly don't know why the comb weapons are such a big deal. The axe worked, the whip works, I am looking forward to the next comb weapon!
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Romer View Post
    I don't think it's "bland", I think it's fine.

And I preffer "bland" over ridiculous, I just can't take Catra's shield or sword seriously.
    I think her shield and sword are awsome! In my personal opinion, I think they are two of the most awesome accessories in the MOTUC line to date! They're right up there with Cosmic Key and Scare Glow's reliquary for me. Catra's shield (again, in my opinion) is 1000 times better than Chief Carnivus' shield. While his is cool, I was a bit ticked off because it steals a tiny bit of the thunder away from Catra's evil, screaming cat shield she can create tornados with.

My comment was meant as a joke, but it's no secret I prefer the toy designs to most, but not all, Filmation ones. I really hope She-Ra 2.0 comes with the toy details on her boots and bracelets so she can finally go toe-to-toe with the level of details on the rest of the MOTUC women.

Quote Originally Posted by cbomb23 View Post
    That's funny because I've felt all 3 made so far are much more detailed than any of the original figures?
    It's hard to see in pictures of the toy, but in person you can really see the detailing. Speaking of the bracelets and boots specifically, Emiliano's drawing below has the exact designs for those parts from the toy:

Her centre swirl is also much more intricate. I love both Filmation and Toy She-Ra equally, but the 80's toy was much more detailed than the MOTUC one:

Last edited by Darkspecter; May 23, 2011 at 01:02am.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

The details on the boots are fine, but I don't like the toy bracelets. I prefer the bracelets as they are.

Honestly, of all the pics you posted, my favorite is the last one, MOTUC She-ra looks just awesome, I love her.

I like the comb weapons. I'm saddened that they will be not be consistently offered for each POP character. I am, however, not surprised by this development.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Just like I was with the idea for a second head with rooted haird for all POP characters, I'm all for comb weapons. While my POP love stems from Filmation and not the vintage toys, I still think it's a nice little homage to the original line. Both options wouldn't hurt those who dislike them since they would be easily disposable.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Axe-Comb = Cool.

Whip-Comb = Lame
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    i replaced with the red whip for catra
    Nice idea...I'm going to dig out my red whip I think...I don't like the comb weapons. That's one vintage nod I could care less about.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

I really hope they stop with the combs-as-weapons. It's silly. I just chuck them into the junk drawer.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    She'Ra's comb axe was OK - BUT Catra's whip could have been executed better without it being so aparent that it is a comb.

I cut off the bristles and its a full on whip now.

I just think instead of making them combs - just drop them altogether and give brand new weapons to all the pop girls.

Castaspella - spellcasting hand and power projections piece
    Netossa - sword and net
    Sweet Bee - a stinger-ray gun
    Mermista - a shell like wand or sword
    Entrapta - a gun or a wand/device thing
    ETC....

all i know is, bow should have come with one of these.

More Comb Weapons for POP

How about some more comb weapons for upcoming POP figures? Surely I can't be the only one who likes them? Even the Comb-Ax in silver would have been great for Netossa.

I'm not saying a comb weapon should come with every upcoming POP figure, but why not throw one in here and there?
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Absolutely not. Big no thank you here.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    How about some more comb weapons for upcoming POP figures? Surely I can't be the only one who likes them? Even the Comb-Ax in silver would have been great for Netossa.

I'm not saying a comb weapon should come with every upcoming POP figure, but why not throw one in here and there?
    I also think they're pretty cool- especially how Catra's was executed as different from She-Ra's axe! Having said that, I'd prefer weapons more like the Weapons Pak sword that Netossa is getting, if pressed to choose between the two...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior
    I wouldn't be opposed to seeing more comb-axe weapons in different colours.

BUT, I think there are better uses of the "two accessories" per figure guideline, especially at this late stage. For example, if necessary for budget purposes, I'd happily see the "two accessories" replaced with "one mini figure" if it meant we could see Filmation Kowl, Loo-kee and Imp released with some PoP characters.

I also think that there are some better accessories which could be released with PoP characters, for example, Netossa's mask, She-Ra's "sword to shield" shield and additional "magical spell" accessories.

IF an accessory must be a recoloured version of an existing accessory, then I would probably favour the PoP shield at this stage. Although I generally prefer "offensive" weapons for my action figures, almost every female member of The Great Rebellion has received a PoP shield in appropriate colours. And if the budget will only allow for a recoloured accessory, then my preference would probably be the PoP shield for consistency (although the absence of a PoP shield with Glimmer will then be all the more obvious).

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I dont know what to do with mine? I might give the ax to Entraptra when she comes out.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor