Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Visions: new male body types 2 - Lizard Man - Teen Adam

MOTUC Visions: new male body types 2 - Lizard Man - Teen Adam

Hi there,
    I don't know if you remember this thread, where I explained how it would be possible to use different body types to make expensive characters more profitable.

The first time, I used a squat body type and showed how to use it for characters like Ram Man and Tataran, making Ram Man not anymore a unique sculpt.

This time I can finally show some ways to use the Teen Male Body Type.
    All this stuff was drawn at the same time, but it was great to read fans everywhere coming to the same conclusions.
    So, here are Lizard Man and Teen Adam!
    I have more designs ready showing more uses for them, but it's kinda hard to keep giving Mattel ideas for free, so I'll wait a bit more to post them
    (also because I still need to paint them!)

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Great stuff as always! I'd love to see these two characters in MOTUC!

Fantastic!! I love the added details you put into Lizard Man's face too. He's not just a toon figure now!

I love the MYP Adma with some vintage details - like the boots and the hair cut. FIERCE!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Lizard Man is my MOST wanted Filmation MOTUC and you really did him justice!! I like the idea of utilizing this smaller buc! It makes him look more cartoon accurate and yet he would fit in great with the rest of the MOTUC's!

Mantenna could use that upper male torso as well

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    Wow that Lizard-Man is freaking cool. I hope he we get him soon. Sweet job on him. If we get a figure that looks half that good I would be happy.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I love these! I agree about the detail on Lizard-Man's face. Filmation was great, but they need those extra details as toys, in my opinion...so I'm very glad to see them here.

I would LOVE to see Songster on this buck!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

I really hope this teen body and the squat body becoe reality.

Love the Adam and Lizard heree. Great job.

Lizard-Mans face is beautiful and i like the scale plates on his torso but the hood would keep him from moving his head.

I donīt know how that would be translated in action figure form and i would nīt mind seeing Lizard-Man buff as everyone else.
    I never been a fan of teenage bugs. Adam as a weak little boy doesnīt do anything for me.

The concept art looks great though and all those little details like those on the gauntlet and his smurk, all great ideas.

Simply not my picture of Adam but thatīs just my thing the art is great!

Love the looke of both of these guys put I think I prefer Adams 200x haircut over the vintage one!
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Teen Adam could use a better hair.
    Lizard-Man's PERFECT.
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

A big fan of Slush Head
    These are amazing, they look perfect!!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's work like this in particular Emil that makes me wonder what drugs Mattel has been smoking having not snapped you up on the design team payroll yet. Spectacular work on the reflection in the texture of the skin- did you digitally color these or hand ink?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    could it work?

Perfect!!! What other characters woudl use besides the obvious ones like Stanlan etc?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Perfect!!! What other characters woudl use besides the obvious ones like Stanlan etc?
    Leon, the teenager who wants to become a royal guard from the Mini comic.

Kaz, from NA.

Jarvan, the evil sorcerer from Filmation, he is small and skinny but has that weird pot belly.

or
    Inspector Darkney, he is skinny and small as well.

There are a few more I've already thought about, but as posted above... I'm starting to be not so sure about giving away ideas to Mattel anymore

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I like them both - I do hope Mattel starts bringing in a teen body - male or female

Ahhhh these are simply fantastic. No offense TG. But, what would the Classics line be like w/ Emiliano running the show?? I have no idea why you're not working for Mattel producing major bank for yourself in the art world and of course MOTU.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Prince Zed (Horde Prime's son) and Horde Corporal Romeo can use that body.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Emiliano I low your takes on these. I would really love to see your take on the remaining members of the Great Rebellion including Madame Razz, the three remaining Horde Females as well as Mantenna and Modulok, Mara, Crita, and the lovely Queen Veena! As well as tackling at least one of the three rock warriors!
    Want Crita Veena Angella Peekablue EvilSeed Prahvus Saurod Ssqueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian DreElle Montork Miro BlastAttack MultiBot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quake Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Lodar Twiggets Rotar Twistoid Drissi LadySlither Bubblor ThreeBeast FangOr GreatBlackWizard MajorHeader RaJar

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I'm starting to be not so sure about giving away ideas to Mattel anymore
    Emiliano, I am sure I am not telling you something you already do not know and I also realize that there have been/remain some challenging relationships and situations that exist, but I sincerely hope you do not hold back and continue to produce these.

Quite frankly, I enjoy these as much as a new figure reveal. That is the 100% honest truth and I do not think I am alone in this. MOTU is a Mattel property, but much like things such as Star Wars, ultimately it is something that belongs to the FANS more than any company or even formal creator. MOTU is for us and it always will be, and I believe that no matter what opposing argument may justify.

I realize that you are busy and situations can be defeating, but I think you probably started these for a love of character and property and you want to share your great work with the fans. The collector community will always appreciate that and I would be quite sad to see them go so please, continue.

I can't wait to see the next one and I hope the good General Sunder will show up eventually.

Thanks.

Lizard Man is amazing.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    I have more designs ready showing more uses for them, but it's kinda hard to keep giving Mattel ideas for free, so I'll wait a bit more to post them
    Im surprised to read this, because Shadow Weaver, Sorceress and Orko are identical to the final MOTUC toy...

I thought you work for the 4H...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

I should have been more specific
    Snake Hunter: I don't work for the 4H, but all those designs were done long before Mattel prohibited them to work with me again (IE, Sorceress was designed in 2007). Until that time, we could just communicate ideas. Of course my hope was to get involved in MOTU design somehow officially, not replacing the 4H of course, but working alongside with them. In the meantime, I became a professional toy designer, working almost exclusively for Hasbro. But being completely blocked from working on MOTU.

When I said I'm being not so sure about giving away ideas to Mattel anymore, of course I'm not referring to the 4H. They are great friends and I cna only feel honored if they get inspiration from my fan designs.
    But looking at Scott Neitlich in the Sorceress video, glorifying what is essentially my idea and design (even the "magical" opening wings, but not executed well) was a bit too painful.
    Of course I wasn't expecting him mentioning my name in the video, and I don't expect him or Mattel giving me credits officially. They can't for legal reasons which I could understand (moslty, to prevent someone else from sueing them... which would be me, and of course I won't sue them).

But I will always keep wondering: if my ideas are so useful and spot on with what fans want 90% of the times (yes, yes, I typed 90% so the folks won't bring up the Star Sisters once again ), why making sure I will never work on MOTU and never be able to work with the 4H again?
    And, before someone also bring up the usual "you need to move to El Segundo to work on the line".
    There couldn't be anything more false than that. Companies like Mattel and Hasbro work with tons of external freelances like myself. There is also no excuse such as "no freelances toy designer"
    I have friends that do toy design for Mattel as external freelance. Exactly like I do for Hasbro.

That said: I don't do this for glory or money. I do it because like all fans, I want to best MOTU toys possible. I have no problem with Mattel using some of my ideas in the bios for example.
    It's just the attitude they have with me. I watch that video again, and it hurts.

MotU suffers that little bit without you my friend.
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar