Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scareglow brittle plastic

Scareglow brittle plastic

Just wanted to let everyone know to be careful with their Scareglow, specifically the neck. I was removing the head and it shattered into 4 pieces. Maybe it was just mine but regardless be weary.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

I noticed that too, mine is cracked but not broken

Here we go....

Will have to check mine this afternoon.
    Jii Dee regarding Matty's view on MOTUC Collectors: "Here be whiny surrender monkey dragons".

MOTUC NEEDS: Sssqueeze, Dragstor, Saurod, Blast Attack, & Lord Masque.

i was able to glue it all back together. you can see the cracks in the black parts though. luckily the rope of the cape covers it pretty well. now i wish i hadn't sold of my extra a few years back.
    FEEDBACK

pooh. I just opened mine last night... i'll have to keep an eye on him. Thanks for the heads up though!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I have an extra loose one that I'm always head swapping on, and it's held up fine.

(as I knock on my faux-wood work desk)

But, I'll not be touching the one in the case. You just never know.

Well crap in a hat! One of my all-time favorites and super rare to boot. Mine better not break.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants: Sagitar, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue, Skeletor's Skeleton Warriors, Despara, Evil Seed (all era) w/Odiphus, Illumina w/Sleetah, Lady Slither

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I used to head swap mine, but have not in a long time. But I never had any issues.
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

I haven't had any issues with him or Green Goddess, but after reading all of these posts I am extra careful with both of them (same holds true for Snout Spout--no issues
    but he gets the kid glove treatment too)

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for the heads up. I checked mine and he's fine. I rarely ever swapped heads on this figure though.

There is something with translucent and the glow in the dark plastics that either make them softer or more brittle. I worry every time I get one. I get them, pose them and then try not to touch them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    Mine is just fine, I don't handle him much though. I would be ****** if that happened to me though.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by rankinman View Post
    There is something with translucent and the glow in the dark plastics that either make them softer or more brittle. I worry every time I get one. I get them, pose them and then try not to touch them.
    Definitely nothing to do with translucent plastic, that is long ago debunked.

Hm...I'll have to check that out. I've swapped him countless times, but not in a good while. He's been on my nightstand for I dunno how long now. Can't bring myself to remove him. His gentle fear glow helps me sleep!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

i had zero issues head swapping him, and then, CRAAAAAACK! it was out of nowhere and completely unexpected. there were no cracks before hand and no signs of wear. otherwise i'd never swapped to begin with. darn the tru skeletor armor and head looking so awesome on his body.
    Last edited by stprime; January 8, 2014 at 05:39pm.
    FEEDBACK

With the bitter cold weather, was yours in cold room maybe?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ksharpe View Post
    With the bitter cold weather, was yours in cold room maybe?
    Ambient temperature definitely makes a difference.

I don't do head swaps any more than absolutely necessary (i.e. once if I'm putting the second head on a second figure), because I think of my MOTUCs as collectables and don't like to muck about with them.
    Vaults of Grayskull - www.vaultsofgrayskull.co.uk

nope. cold was not a factor. just like it wasn't when my first sdcc kg's leg joint snapped.
    FEEDBACK

As I understand various reports, Year one KG was made with less than favorable plastic. But I figured I ask as the Cold tends to have a effect.

I have the original KG myself and hes fine , but i dont pose him much.

That is a total bummer, I hope you are able to fix it. As for me, mine is just fine he is heavy in rotation with playing but I try to be ginger and i am a little afraid to really play with my MOTUC figures just because of how hard and expensive they become to replace and or purchase the first time around.

to think i sold my extra for $15

here's the reason for the swapping of the head...

FEEDBACK

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    I tied popping hid head off around NOV and hadn't done so for at least a a year, the neck peg pulled right out along side the head!
    after I changed my pants, I carefully tried to boil & LOCK it back it. It was like when a cop if trying defuse a bomb in a movie...I was ascared...I wiggled it very gently and

the neck broke a little. It is a hairline crack. But so was the Goddess at first... Be ascared people, be very ascared of scareglow breaking.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

Well this is disappointing. Hopefully mine remains crack free.

Randy
    Powered Convoy -Owner and Propreitor of the Skele-Store,
    offering a small range of stock, and the worst prices on the Net!

Mars Base Division ae_productions's Avatar
    Oh man. That is scary. Is this common with MOTUC figures? Or just the ones that use the "translucent" plastic?

I noticed fans have this issue with The Goddess, which is why I have NOT picked this figure up.

Heroic Warrior
    I very much doubt this is a widespread problem - as the green godess was. Simply because it's been many years now since Scareglow was released and now is the first signs of a few people noticing cracks or having problems.
    Just a few lemons, nothing to worry about for most people (sad for those in the predicament though.)

Mine is fine and it has been handled and headswapped loads of times.
    Fabulous secret powers revealed