Thread: Golem Speculation Thread

Golem Speculation Thread

With the road map now on track to complete our vintage collections, there are non-sub items to be considered as well as figures to be offered for 2016.
    Army builders are an essential (and fun!) part of the line, and aside from 200x skeletons and hover robots and horde wraiths, we've gotten pretty close
    to exhausting our options. I personally feel golems could be an excellent fit! Here are some ideas to consider:

*Golems wouldn't necessarily need any accessories, which would help offset the high 100% tooling cost.
    * Golems could be sold as a sand golem two-pack, or a gray stone two-pack, or a combination two-pack with one stone golem and one sand golem. They share the exact same tooling!
    * Golems qualify as an army builder for a future Filmation subscription.
    * Because this is an army builder, producing the same number of figures as a non army builder would help ensure these sell out quickly as builders typically sell more units.
    * The gray stone golem character "Graybock" from the episode "Quest for the Sword" could be sold as a single figure, and fans would no doubt buy multiples of him to army build, ensuring he is sold out quickly.
    * If accessories are added, these could be non-related weapons, shields, etc. intended to be used with previous army builders (guards, troopers, etc.).
    * Probably the best accessories to include would be new heads for previous army builder kits! (guard heads, trooper heads, snake heads, etc.)
    * Sand Demons would give added value to the Nepthu figure already in many of our collections.

Graybock (sp?) from "Quest for the Sword"

Sand Demons (Filmation)

Last edited by AdultCollector; December 22, 2013 at 07:12pm.

Heroic Warrior
    Personally, I'm not interested in his very basic, boring looking character. Sorry. However, if it's produced, I'll be happy for the ones who want it. But it should NEVER be released before 2016...

Yes! Absolutely. I would love a rock/sand two-pack.

I'd love them! Nothing basic or boring about them at all!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

hmm cant say i like anything about him... seems kinda a snooze fest..
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a darkside.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    No please. I want to finish factions before the line dies.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    I'd be down for a few sets of a Sand/Stone 2pk. The only catch I see is that they *are* a bit larger than a normal figure. And as far as accessories, I highly doubt we'll see extra heads or armor. Maybe that would be one way to keep the costs down to 2pk level. No accessories and it should be cheaper to produce.

ahem...I'd rather have Molkrum

No interest. Large scale figures are going to have to be ultra well known in order to justify the $$$ hit as a sub collector. I'd much rather those dollars be spent on producing the 6" remaining NA, POP, Filmation, and main line figures.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'd love a Rock and Sand monster. They were in multiple Filmation episodes. I wouldn't make it a 2 pack though. As these would have to be the size of a Shadowbeast and would be a costly ($$$$$) 2 pack. I would definitely be down for at least 2-4 of each though. Graybock is one of the few Filmation villians I remembered from the cartoon.

HORDE WRAITHS first please!!!!
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Snappy Threader
    I'm down for anything. I hope the line lasts many more years.

Count me in! I'd buy a couple Sand Demons and one gray.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I want them. Nephtu needs a sand demon.

I like Graybock a lot. I've always liked rock warrior types.

I loved this guy as a kid:

INHUMAN-6L.jpg
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    A rock golem has ben on my signature want list for a long time. even longer I have wanted a rock golem, since childhood.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Are we getting these guys? I really want them! Ever since childhood I wanted rock monster golems.
    Please please let me get what I want.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

DC Comics showed the Rock Men some love in issue #9 Feb 2014 of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe!

Come on! These guys are needed.
    Golems have been in everything He-Man MOTU

I would love to have them in my collection. To me they are essential iconic Filmation characters. I'd prefer the Stone one, but I'd gladly take a 2-pack with both of them as well. Back in the 80s I tried to make a "custom" of this guy, didn't quite succeed (hey, I was maybe 10 or so) and it looked really bad, but I had so much fun fun playing with it.

Sand Demon is the better colourway. I would like to have one. And yes, to stand with Nepthu. I almost guarantee that Nepthu was made in big part because of these guys comming.