Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: CLUB GRAYSKULL - He-Man ARRIVAL Thread

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar

CLUB GRAYSKULL - He-Man ARRIVAL Thread

Hi old friends - it's been a while since I've posted BUT I couldn't resist today since my Club Grayskull He-Man just arrived. Honestly, I LOVE my MOTUC collection, it is my one and only action figure collection and the ride collecting from the beginning has had SO many highs and lows, but for a while now I have felt less and less excited. I was feeling a bit like, 'it can end now anytime, I'm satisfied'.

Until TODAY. I have to say, after waiting SO SO SO long for the classic toy He-Man head I thought I was finally done in regards to He-Man. That I had the 'my' definitive He-Man. I was WRONG. This Filmation He-Man - wow. Truly feels like a old friend is looking right back at me. For me, I loved the comics, and the toys and the cartoon - but it's clear now, the cartoon He-Man, is for me - definitive because my nostalgia experience just went into new territory!

Quality of the figure is great - glossy, but not too glossy at all. Colors look great and the face - I LOVE it. I'm definitely looking forward to more now.

The new packaging is also so refreshing after all the years of the green bricks. Here are some quick pics!

Looks better than the Matty pics! Thanks for sharing!
    " You are not a warrior, you're a beginner!"

Always playing Destiny! Xbox One Gamertag: PlatinumFist

Can we get some close-ups of those ankles?

The shots you have make them look like they might be OK.
    The holding, the touching. Vaal has forbidden this.
    Five Year Mission
    Eisenhower Field Day

Nice!

How does the Filmation head look on the Classics body?
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

You mean the .org audience may have massively overreacted to a non issue? Inconceivable!!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumFist View Post
    Looks better than the Matty pics! Thanks for sharing!
    Your most welcome - yes, much, much better in person imo

Quote Originally Posted by Vaal View Post
    Can we get some close-ups of those ankles? The shots you have make them look like they might be OK.
    Yes, right, the ankles - in person, they do not bother me at all, at least on this figure - they are tight and work very well and you imo don't stand out any more than any of the other joints - like the elbows or knees. I much rather that they work well and allow for a bit more dynamic posing.

the ankles still looky pretty gappy to me. If they are photographed from the same angle as the Matty pictures they will look similarly egregious. But, I'm happy people are liking the rest of the figure.

edit: That was posted before I saw the new close up pics. I still hate that ankle set up as much now as the first time those pictures were posted on the Matty site.
    Last edited by PantherCult; Yesterday at 05:45pm.

Looks great! He's a smidge taller than Classics He-Man, but it's no big deal to me. Look forward to getting him!

One thing: Did he have a mailer?
    MASS REJECTION
    www.facebook.com/massrejection

Join my Official REJEKTOR (created by Jim 'BUBBLOR' Johnston) Facebook page! www.facebook.com/Rejektor

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Nice! How does the Filmation head look on the Classics body?
    Pretty good actually - so if you just want the head on the old body, that is an option!
    [/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    You mean the .org audience may have massively overreacted to a non issue? Inconceivable!!
    That NEVER happens, and you know it!

I would say the new ankles are still noticeable, but I personally don't think it's a big deal. I think a lot of people on here are still not going to like them, however.
    Harken the coming of Tuskador!!
    New List of Most wanted figures: Dylamug, Quakke, Lizzor, King Miro, Granita, Sagitar, Hawke, Artilla, Hoove, Kayo, ABC Giants

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    Looks great! He's a smidge taller than Classics He-Man, but it's no big deal to me. Look forward to getting him! One thing: Did he have a mailer?
    Nope, no mailer

Face = intact! I can rest a little easier now...UNTIL MINE ARRIVES WITH DERP EYES!

Great post & pics Patrick! I've been chomping at the bit for pics!

Figure looks great...awesome!

Ankle gap is real...crap!
    Hey Matty, Snake Mountain rocks! Please don't downsize it!

Heroic Warrior
    is that a slip cover the box comes in?

Is the package re-sealable?

Quote Originally Posted by PaTrIcKfOgArTy View Post
    Pretty good actually - so if you just want the head on the old body, that is an option!
    http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...psvhedtyya.jpg[/URL]
    Thank you! Yeah, I think it's good to know that's compatible for those fans who really wanted Classics details in the line. Despite the stylistic differences, the head doesn't look as out of place and on the Classics body as I thought it would.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

The ankles look OK from the front but from the side they still look like complete crap. It's a shame that Mattel design ruined the 4H prototype so badly. Brandon and the design team should be ashamed. We finally get the skirts fixed but then they go out and ruin the ankles. You just can't win with Mattel.

Well at least I didn't buy a sub so I don't have to waste my money on this figure but I worry now what will Mattel design botch next on CC and Thundercats and will these ankles be coming to the other subs? I feel bad for those who did buy a sub.
    Transparently Yours,

Bonehead

He looks pretty cool. Not loving the ankles based on the pictures, but we'll see how it all looks in person.

Is it just me or does it look like the calf on the left leg of that figure actually extends out beyond the fringe of the boot? Something looks really wonky about that...

He-Man better be careful about that - if the boot is so tight that flesh is literally bulging out over it he's gonna lose circulation in that foot and could suffer irreparable harm.

The ankles really look bad IMO, but the rest of the figure is awesome. It's a shame Mattel's designers team didn't fix this issue before. I hope things go better with the next figures...
    To infinity, and beyond!

Thanks for sharing these pictures! Is the box re-sealable is my main question...
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Looks ok. Eyes still aren't perfect. One is a lot bigger than the other (although it could be the lighting). Ankles are awful but overall the paint apps look good, the sculpt looks great, and seems like a solid figure. I hope the ankles do get fixed though

Heroic Warrior
    Wait, so the package doesn’t have that crappy picture of He-Man on it? If so, that’s great! Unfortunately, the figure still has the awful ankles and the lousy excuse for a Filmation power sword. Otherwise, the rest of the figure looks awesome.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, stratosfear, Mulletor, and racer x.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I'm no Filmation guy, but (from the mid-shin up) that is a great figure.

I still think they screwed the pooch with regard to the ankles and lower legs. Beyond that, looking forward to another He-Man variant.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Ankles still look like garbage.
    Don't turn nothing down but your collar.