Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: $35 for hover robots in case anyone is wondering

Heroic Warrior

$35 for hover robots in case anyone is wondering

My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

That's an absurd price! With shipping and sales tax it's going to be almost $50 for one set. I just paid about that for Transformers Masterpiece Exhaust shipped from Japan.
    Last edited by Hosed Ovor; March 25, 2015 at 11:58pm.

Heroic Warrior
    probably still sell out
    My tribute to MOTUC video using still photos of MOTUC figures with filmation music : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ibute-to-MOTUC

Holy...wow. just... wow.
    Who's Who of the Masters of the Universe: my on-going project of MOTU character information, including bios, powers, weaknesses, weapons, stats and trivia.

Heroic Warrior
    3 sets would put you at about 125-130 holy doo doo

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    probably still sell out
    It should sell out. They probably won't put too many up for sale this month since it will be sold multiple times later this year. It's still an incredibly poor value.

Quote Originally Posted by Romadon View Post
    Ugh. So much for buying 3 sets. At that price, one will do.
    Top want list: Green Goddess 2.0, Snake Mountain Man, Mask of Power Demons, Dree-Elle, Uncle Montork, Mini-Comics Beast-Man, 200X Beast-Man, Horde Wraiths, Skeleton Warriors, Battle-Ram, Snake Mountain, & a hardcover collection of all the mini-comics.

3 Club Eternia Subs, 3 Club 200X Subs

WWW.FARTHERTHANWEDREAMED.COM
    Co-moderator at the Mike Mignola Appreciation Station on Facebook.

Oh no......well.....I still want three so I guess I'll have to work an extra DJ gig lol.

What a rip off! Was going to get 2 packs, but might just get a single pack now.

They definitely aren't worth $35! Multi-Bot isn't much more than that and he has a lot more going on with him!

Actually thinking about it, I might just skip them completely because after shipping your looking at $50 by the slow shipping and that doesn't even include the inevitable customs fee
    My top 10 items I'd like for 2016: 10/Stridor, 9/Granita, 8/Filmation Tung Lashor, 7/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 6/Frosta, Hordak, Mer-Man, Leech & Tri-Klops Filmation heads, 5/Filmation Teela, 4/Hunga the Harpy, 3/Filmation Evil Lyn 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    That price is a hard pill to swallow, but for me, these bots are essential. I will (hopefully) be able to land a couple sets...
    DESPERATELY need ThunderCats Minimates series one!!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Ya know its not that much more than Kowl and Lookee were. And these are bigger figures with extra hands, stickers, flight stands, and more articulation. Its actually not that absurd.

Heroic Warrior
    These have zero toy value. Just put them on stands and stare at them or take photos. So I am skipping them
    Most Wanted:

Snake Mountain and Eternia Playsets!

So, each individual robot is worth $11.67. Good to know...

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Ya know its not that much more than Kowl and Lookee were. And these are bigger figures with extra hands, stickers, flight stands, and more articulation. Its actually not that absurd.
    When you look at it that way, it really doesn't seem all that unreasonable. These are some of the most requested Filmation characters, so despite the price, I'm stoked to be getting them.
    DESPERATELY need ThunderCats Minimates series one!!!

**Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    So, each individual robot is worth $11.67. Good to know...
    Worth $11.67? That depends upon one's perspective. Is that what Mattel is charging for them? Yes, plus shipping and sales tax or customs fees.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    Ugh. So much for buying 3 sets. At that price, one will do.
    Well, you had to expect them to be at least the $27, right? So why not get two at $70 instead of the apparent 3 for $81 you were willing to spend?

Just curious about the thought process.
    The power of Grayskull compels you!

My daughter's Hebrew name is Shira.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Lookee and Kowl were expensive for what they were. The hover robots have simple construction, limited points of articulation, share the same mold, and have extremely cheap stands. When I can purchase a Masterpiece Transformer from Japan for less than what I can purchase a set of hover robots from Mattel I stand by my assertion that Mattel's price is absurd.

Wow - it makes Lookee and Kowl look like great value.

That's - wow.... just, wow.

I'm just wondering about breaking apart sets and selling individuals for $14.99 or $19.99...

...NO! Get behind me, Satan! AARGHRGHARGAHRAGARGH!

I think I'll be buying one set. I was considering 2 or 3, but now that the price has settled in my head I think one will do. Not really sure how I feel about the $35 per set, but being a Canadian buyer and potentially having to deal with customs fees as well, I think one set will do. Oh, and I don't have early access, so I am hoping that a member could help me out on obtaining a set.

Quote Originally Posted by Ridureyu View Post
    I'm just wondering about breaking apart sets and selling individuals for $14.99 or $19.99...

...NO! Get behind me, Satan! AARGHRGHARGAHRAGARGH!
    You might make quite a bit more than that if Mattel only puts up a small amount of stock and consumers panic like they did with the Spirit of King Grayskull figure.

Not surprising, especially when normal multipacks are never cheaper. And Kowl/Lookee were far more of a ripoff for what you get.

$30 would have felt too perfect. Matty's got shareholders to consider here.

Heroic Warrior CapricornDefender's Avatar
    We see this all the time. This is just one of those instant knee-jerk reaction complaining threads. People will buy them, they will sell out, and anyone who doesn't get them on Matty for $35 will eventually cave and get them on EBAY for $50 and just not tell anyone or maybe they will complain about that too
    Made it through Cyber Monday with everything I wanted, well, almost.

I think the price is on par with toys these days. I was in Toys R Us the other day, once in a long time and they had these Tiny, smaller than GI Joe marvel figures for $7.99!
    The regular marvel figures were $22!
    I'm glad I stripped down my collecting to just MOTU.

Yeah with the shipping it's pretty steep, but the core price is pretty on par.

$35 was not expected but also not surprising as well. Still want 4 sets but I'll just split my purchases & buy 2 sets at a time.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    NO KAYO? NOT OKAY-O!!