Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NA Mini-Sub Speculation

NA Mini-Sub Support and Speculation

If we got a NA Mini-Sub (six figures) which figures would you want to see?

Here's a list of some of the characters available but feel free to use any not on this list.
    Vintage Figure:
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    Sagitar (wasn't sure if to include Sagitar as I'd say were more likely to him in the main sub as a quarterly slot)
    Tuskador
    Spinwit
    Artilla
    Flogg
    Hoove
    Lizzor
    Staghorn
    Quakke
    Butthead

Prototypes:
    Darius
    Mara

Jetlag Cartoon:
    Crita
    Master Sebrian

Other Media (UK/German comics and Annual) and Concepts:
    Crystoll
    Detector
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

My idea of a good NA mini-sub of six figures looks like:

Quakke
    Nocturna
    Butthead
    Kayo
    Hoove
    Vizar

The other characters you don't see here, I would stick in the regular sub as monthlies. These- now I don't want to say they're bottom of the barrel per se, because I do love me some Quakke- aren't really all that highly-demanded (as far as I know)... so putting these six in a sub of their own would be a great way to ensure these characters see the light of day
    Must-Haves in 2015: Lord Masque, Quakke, Sagitar, Negator, Peekablue, Granita, Dragstor, Crita, Prahvus, Classic Toy Costume Catra Vs. Starburst She-Ra

Darius
    Quakke
    Tuskador
    Hoove
    Staghorn
    Kayo

I left out Sagitar because in all likelyhood he'll be a beast slot and probably not included in a 6 figure sub, but he's actually my #1 want. Also, left out Flogg because he's all but confirmed to be coming in the 2014-2015 roadmap.

Heroic Warrior undeadplastic2711's Avatar
    We don't really need a mini sub, Club Eternia is more than capable of putting these figs out. I don't get why everyone wants extra subs.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Quote Originally Posted by undeadplastic2711 View Post
    We don't really need a mini sub, Club Eternia is more than capable of putting these figs out. I don't get why everyone wants extra subs.
    I support an NA mini sub cause it means they won't be in ClubEternia and I see that as a good thing.

I don't really know these characters, but I love everything NA related the 4H do, so I would be in for a sub.
    Hey, if you want to wallow in the negative, go nuts. Sure, things aren’t absolutely perfect, and people passionate about a property can get all keyed up about things. But I don’t collect toys to be miserable. So I’d rather think about the things that do excite me
    http://thefwoosh.com/2014/06/masters...beyond-vintage

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I think the choice would be highly dependent on which NA characters are included in the main sub. We're getting Hydron, and I think we can safely assume that at least Flogg should have a slot somewhere in the 2014+2015 schedule. And since we've got NA He-Man, I think NA Skeletor would be another sure bet for a slot in the main sub.

So with 3 GG/P and 5 SM characters released, announced or very likely to be released through the main sub, there seems to be an imbalance of characters between GG/P and SM factions. So I think a 6-slot minisub should try to "correct" this, while at the same time try to "complete" each faction as much as possible with their most relevant characters:

GG/P
    -NA He-Man
    -Darius
    -Master Sebrian
    -Hydron
    -Flipshot/Icarius
    -Mara
    -Sagitar/Tharkus

SM
    -NA Skeletor
    -Flogg/Brakk
    -Crita
    -Slushhead/Kalamarr
    -Optikk
    -Hoove
    -Karatti

I chose Darius, Mara and Sebrian as they are additional leading characters of the faction, plus Sagitar as the most popular non-leader. AFAIK, Kayo/Tatarus was originally meant to be another prominent member the Galactic Guardians/Protectors, but for some "logistics" reason during the production of the Jetlag cartoon, he and the other of second-wave GG/P characters got "marginalized"—though I think that in some NA comics he was given more prominence than in the cartoon, as initially intended. So if the main sub included Darius or Mara or Sebrian, I'd reassign their vacant slot in the mini-sub to Kayo, and the next free GG/P slot would go to NA Adam (with Clobber as "accessory"). After those, my preference from among the GG/GP factions would be Drissi (with Caz and her pokémon as "accessories"), Spinwit/Tornado and Detector.

As for the Space Mutants, Crita is the obvious choice as she is a secondary leader of the Space Mutants, and then I chose Hoove since we already got Karatti and they usually worked together. My next choices after those would be Lizorr, Crystoll and Quakke/Earthquake. I'd include Grrr as "accessory" with Crita, since the critter is unlikely to be included with NA Skeletor.

If a NA army-builder pack is ever released (in the main sub, in a mini-sub, or out-of-sub), I think it should be a 2-pack of 1 Primus Trooper (with 2-3 alternate heads like the Palace Guards to add a bit of facial variety) plus 1 Mutant Trooper (in their most distictive mauve outfit, and with just 1 head since they are fully helmeted).

As an aside, since there are many characters needed for a truly "complete" NA collection, here's a (non-exhaustive) list of what it might eventually (although improbably) include:

GALACTIC GUARDIANS/PROTECTORS

+ NA He-Man (2 versions in 1)
    + NA Adam
    + Hydron
    + Flipshot/Icarius
    + Darius
    + Mara (Jetlag warrior outfit)
    + Master Sebrian
    + Sagitar/Tharkus

- Kayo/Tatarus
    - Spinwit/Tornado
    - Tuskador/Insyzor
    - Artilla/Weaponstronic
    - Nocturna
    - Vizar
    - Detector

- Drissi & Caz (with her "pokémon")
    - Clobber
    - U.R. & Gleep
    - Scientists of Primus (4-pack: Alcon, Gepple, Krex, Meldoc)
    - Primus troopers (army builder)
    - Galactimytes (pack: President Pell, Ambassador Bimo, Captain Zang, ...)
    - Galactic Council (at least the female alien leader)
    - Werban
    - Grot
    - Meliac
    - Aquata
    - Besquita
    - Treylus
    - Corax
    - Yolt

- NA Teela
    - NA Sorceress
    - Mara (robes outfit)
    - Mara (prototype warrior outfit)
    - Spin Fist Hydron
    - Missile Armor Flipshot/Icarius
    - Battle Punch He-Man
    - NA Thunder Punch He-Man

+ Starship Eternia
    + Astrosub
    - Bolajet
    - Battle Bird
    - Rocket Disk Power Pack
    - Galactic City

SPACE MUTANTS

+ NA Skeletor
    + Disks of Doom Skeletor
    + Flogg/Brakk
    + Crita ("standard" outfit)
    + Slushhead/Kalamarr
    + Optikk

- Hoove
    - Karatti
    - Crystoll
    - Lizorr
    - Quakke/Earthquake
    - Staghorn
    - Butthead/BH

- Grrr
    - Mutant troopers (army builder)
    - Gleanons (pack: General Niffel, Sergeant Krone, ...)
    - Dreadator
    - Felka
    - Ramlin
    - Andros
    - Ana-Droids
    - Korac
    - Dagar

- Queen Crita
    - Too Tall Hoove
    - Hook 'Em Floog/Brakk
    - Battle Blade Skeletor
    - He-Slave

+ Nordor
    + Shuttle Pod
    - Terrorclaw/Terrapod
    - Doomcopter/Skullcopter
    - Terrotread/Dread Tread
    - Turbo Tormentor
    - Quagmi Swamp
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    6 figures? Easy!

Sagitar
    Artilla
    Tuskador
    Lizzor
    Quake
    Hoove

If Sagitar is indeed a beast or quarterly slot, then replace him with Crita. NA Skeletor needs his NA Evil Lyn! I can honestly see the above figures in monthly slots. The rest...not so much. Vizar? Nocturna? Nope. For me the NA Sub would be the same as the PoP sub I want. Figures that aren't necessary to the mythos, but would be cool to have. Therefore:

NA Sub #2:
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    BH
    Mara
    Master Sebrian

That takes care of just about everyone except Staghorn. I'd probably take him before BH. So that's 13 figures(14 with quarterly Sagitar) to finish off NA. Yikes.

We don't really need a mini sub, Club Eternia is more than capable of putting these figs out.
    So far, it doesn't seem "capable" in the least. We're 5 years into the line, and from over a hundred MotUC releases, only a grand total of 5 are NA characters (Optikk, Icarius, Slushhead, Karatti, NA He-Man). Faction leaders like Flogg and NA Skeletor are still lacking. And most likely the 2014+2015 wrap-up will only include a meager number of NA characters, like 2 or 3. So a NA mini-sub is basically a must to be able to "complete" a half-decent NA collection.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    For me the NA Sub would be the same as the PoP sub I want. Figures that aren't , but would be cool to have. Therefore:

NA Sub #2:
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Nocturna
    BH
    Mara
    Master Sebrian
    I don't see how Mara or Sebrian could be tagged as "not necessary to the mythos". There about as A-list as you can get for NA.

That takes care of just about everyone except Staghorn.
    There are quite a few more characters than those. Take a look at my above list.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah...I don't see the majority of them making it anywhere close to the line. I was going by mainly the vintage toyline. I'd like to Sebrian and Mara, but not before the vintage toyline is updated. Toss Darius in there too. So on my end, we'd have to get the following characters to be complete:

Master Sebrian
    Mara
    Darius
    Sagitar
    Artilla
    Spinwit
    Kayo
    Nocturna
    Vizar

Space Mutants:
    Lizzor
    Hoove
    Quake
    Staghorn
    BH
    Crita

Flogg and NA Skeletor are all but a lock at some point. I'd love to see DoD Skeletor, but I just don't see an NA variant happening. We'll get original NA Skeletor, but that's as far as it will go.

Heroic Warrior
    If we got this mini-sub:
    #1: NA Skeletor- the first one!
    #2: NA Sorceress- the silver bodysuit, and a Carol Alt or Paulina Porizkova likeness for the face!
    #3: Kayo- with 'Die Hard' Bruce Willis unhelmeted head added!
    #4: Spinwit- with Jean-Claude Van Damme unhelmeted head added!
    #5: Nocturna- with Jackie Chan unhelmeted head added!
    #6: Vizar- with 'Golden Child' Eddie Murphy or 'Action Jackson' Carl Weathers unhelmeted head added!

Also, no one will be happier than me if Captain Hydron comes with an unhelmeted head that looks like 'Big Trouble in Little China' KURT RUSSEL!
    Last edited by Collec-Tor; August 22, 2013 at 03:17am. Reason: remembered Kurt Russel!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

The thing is Club Eternia is focusing on completing the vintage MOTU and POP characters with only key NA characters, so a NA mini-sub would help us also complete the vintage NA figures.

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post

As an aside, since there are many characters needed for a truly "complete" NA collection,
    I was going by mainly the vintage toyline. I'd like to Sebrian and Mara, but not before the vintage toyline is updated. Toss Darius in there too. So on my end, we'd have to get the following characters to be complete:
    Thats a great list uaxuctum but I agree with DVD, if we can at least get all the vintage NA figures (not including variants) in MOTUC I'd consider my MOTUC NA collection complete enough and anything else we got would be a bonus. I'd love a Sebrian, Mara and Crita but the vintage NA toyline characters are my priority.

I'm thinking NA Skeletor, Flogg, Sagitar and maybe Darius in main sub for 14 and 15, but I'm going to air on the side of caution and put Darius in my dream NA mini-sub which would be:

Darius
    Kayo
    Vizar
    Hoove
    Lizzor
    DoD Skeletor (based more on the Jetlag version except for the face)

I'd love to see DoD Skeletor, but I just don't see an NA variant happening.
    I think we could get both NA and DoD Skeletor, as DoD is the version featured most in the cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    If we got this mini-sub:
    #2: NA Sorceress- the silver bodysuit, and a Carol Alt or Paulina Porizkova likeness for the face!
    #6: Vizar- with 'Golden Child' Eddie Murphy or 'Action Jackson' Carl Weathers unhelmeted head added!
    I also think all the GG should come with both a helmeted and unhelmeted head like Flipshot did, but I'd want the unhelmeted to be cartoon accurate. I wish Hydron was coming with a unhelmeted head.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Really like the idea of an NA mini sub:

Kayo
    Lizzor
    Artilla
    Sagitar
    Darius
    Nocturna
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I'm assuming we get NA Skeletor or he would be my #1.

NA Sorceress
    Flogg
    Mara
    Crita
    Drissi
    Spinwit

Ha! All chicks! Go figure...

I like the idea but would like to take it a step further...

How about making it a preorder sub that way there won't be no confusion as to how much to produce and can possible save more production funds for must haves that are being cut in their numbers (a la Two bad)? This is just a thought without knowing how intricacies the toy manufacturing process is done, so I guess my question first would be to all you guys is can it be done? If so then should it be?
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    I like the idea but would like to take it a step further...

How about making it a preorder sub that way there won't be no confusion as to how much to produce and can possible save more production funds for must haves that are being cut in their numbers (a la Two bad)? This is just a thought without knowing how intricacies the toy manufacturing process is done, so I guess my question first would be to all you guys is can it be done? If so then should it be?
    In fact, producing more and offering the extras as DoS would save more production funds, because the lesser the quota they produce, the higher the production cost. That's precisely why they had to increase the price following the drop in sub sales from 2012 onwards. Reducing or cutting the DoS quotas is merely a very strong-armed marketing tactic to boost/force sub sales, and not something that would make any business sense in itself. That's why if a NA sub is ever offered, they will most probably market it as strictly sub-only with zero DoS for any figure, so as to force everyone who wants any of the figures in the minisub to buy the whole minisub (which most probably would include some relatively highly requested figure like Disks of Doom Skeletor or Sagitar).

The NA sculpts have been some of the best sculpts, so I support a NA Sub-subscription.

With hope we will see all of these:
    GALACTIC GUARDIANS/PROTECTORS
    - NA Adam
    - Darius
    - Mara
    - Sagitar/Tharkus
    - Kayo/Tatarus
    - Spinwit/Tornado
    - Tuskador/Insyzor
    - Artilla/Weaponstronic
    - Nocturna
    - Vizar
    - Detector
    - Master Sebrian (This guy, only if he is highly classized.)

SPACE MUTANTS
    - Flogg/Brakk
    - Crita
    - Hoove
    - Lizorr
    - Quakke/Earthquake
    - Staghorn
    - Butthead
    Mini-comic Garn!
    http://old.he-man.org/primary_sects/...50/07-08.shtml
    ----------------------------------
    Sagitar, Saurod, Skytree and Songster.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    I think we could get both NA and DoD Skeletor, as DoD is the version featured most in the cartoon
    I think DoD Skeletor is both far cooler looking and more closely linked (in my mind) to NA. That's the Skeletor of New Adventures to me, but I understand that the NA Skeletor is what most people are familiar with. It would be great if we could get a Laser Light Skeletor with accessories to make him NA Skeletor. Then seperately get DoD Skeletor (possibly with an alternate head as seen after "The Games" episodes). That way with two SKUs, they could get four Skeletor variants so people could get whichever Skeletor they most liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Collec-Tor View Post
    If we got this mini-sub:

Also, no one will be happier than me if Captain Hydron comes with an unhelmeted head that looks like 'Big Trouble in Little China' KURT RUSSEL!
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Must have:

Darius
    Flogg
    Na skeletor
    Lizzor

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    NA sub will probably have minimally tooled characters, maybe with one with more tooling. I don't see Artilla in there, because he's going to be a lot of new parts.

one example:

Staghorn (yes, more Trap Jaw parts)
    Kayo (easy build)
    Nocturna (easy build)
    Spinwit (easy build, wings would be biggest parts)
    Quakke (prob some new tooling)
    Vizar (easy build)

or something like:

Hoove (new tooling)
    Nocturna
    Kayo
    Crita - (some new tooling)
    Lizzor - (easy build)
    Staghorn

My point is, we're probably going to be seeing a Guardian heavy lineup with the mini-sub, just because most of the easy-parts reuse Mutants are already here or are coming. Darius, Skeletor, and Flogg will probably be main-line. Sagitar won't fit due to the excessive new tooling reserved for a beast slot.

Personally, I'd go with:

Hoove
    Kayo
    Darius
    Lizzor
    Nocturna
    Vizar

^ that hits a lot of boxes, filling out the mini-comics/German comics/UK comics and the 1st waves of the toyline; also has the benefit of a concept character and catches the Galactic Guardians up quite a bit.
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

I would buy a NA sub. Here are the six that I would want in one (assuming Skeletor and Flogg are in the main sub):

Master Sebrian
    Mara
    Sagitar
    Quakke
    Staghorn
    Crita
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

If it gets offered, count me in! I want them all.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Darius
    Quakke
    Mara
    Lizorr
    Artilla
    Tuskador

Flogg should be in the main sub, Na Skeletor and Crita should come in a San Diego exclusive 2-pack, Sagitar should be an oversized figure, and NA Sorceress should be a variant slot.

That's would be a perfect NA mini-sub, King Tamusk! Nice mix of heroes and villains. And yeah, those other guys should be in the main sub.