Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: NA Mini-Sub Speculation

Hey, stay positive guys - in 2016 and beyond, anything is possible. Scott has essentially ruled out many things in the past that eventually became reality. Don't give up hope, and keep demanding more NA characters!

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    This year I'm buying two of each NA character just to support this faction.
    Wait, I thought Mara was the only NA figure we are getting in 2015.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    I know we keep talking multi packs and what not to get the rest of NA for us. But how come no one has suggested a mini sub with now DOS and then show another highly demanded NA character like Staghorn? Just that threat alone should get people subbing. I know if that happened I would definitely buy two and I am sure I am not the only one.
    I've been proposing this idea until I got blue in the ....fingers?

Seriously, this would be the easiest way for Mattel to see how high/low the demand for New Adventures figures really is. A mini-sub would be a win / win for both Mattel and the fans. Mattel would have guaranteed sales, and the fans who don't want NA in the regular sub simply don't have to buy the mini-sub! Everybody is happy!

A six figure mini-sub with no hidden surprises would appease many (though, not all) NA fans:

-Darius
    -Hoove
    -Sebrian
    -Quakke
    -Spinwit
    -Tuskador

I left Crita and Sagitar off of this list because I firmly believe that they will be included in the main 2015 sub.

I know I would sub multiple times, as would many others. C'mon Mattel, what do you have to lose? And the 'waste of resources' argument barely holds water... a real waste of resources was making us vote between three unique NA figures - then give us a minimally tooled NA SHe-Ra?!? Why not Darius?? Tuskador?? They were obviously in-demand enough to be included in the vote.

Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for the future of NA in MOTUC..... something I wouldn't have to do if Mattel had a better NA/Vintage/PoP/MC/200X release-ratio from the beginning...... grumble, grumble, sour grapes and all that jazz...
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Anyway, I will keep my fingers crossed for the future of NA in MOTUC..... something I wouldn't have to do if Mattel had a better NA/Vintage/PoP/MC/200X release-ratio from the beginning...... grumble, grumble, sour grapes and all that jazz...
    I know, right? A single NA release for 3 consecutive years didn't do that particular faction any favors.
    Doing something as simple as upping the faction release by a mere 1 additional figure annually would have made
    a tremendous difference and would have reduced that list by half. This is not even counting the numerous missed
    opportunities throughout the life of the toyline , but I digress.
    Last edited by Azrael; July 25, 2014 at 03:49am.

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    I know, right? A single NA release for 3 consecutive years didn't do that particular faction any favors.
    Doing something as simple as upping the faction release by a mere 1 additional figure annually would have made
    a tremendous difference and would have reduced that list by half. This is not even counting the numerous missed
    opportunities throughout the life of the toyline , but I digress.
    i so agree. i want the rest of them.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Wait, I thought Mara was the only NA figure we are getting in 2015.
    Toyguru said we'll get less NA characters than 2014: since this year we're getting 4 (Hydron, Flogg, Skeletor and She-ra) it is still possible to get 3 or at least 2 next year.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Hoping for some more NA figures in MOTUC... at least 12 more!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I've been proposing this idea until I got blue in the ....fingers?

Seriously, this would be the easiest way for Mattel to see how high/low the demand for New Adventures figures really is. A mini-sub would be a win / win for both Mattel and the fans. Mattel would have guaranteed sales, and the fans who don't want NA in the regular sub simply don't have to buy the mini-sub! Everybody is happy!

A six figure mini-sub with no hidden surprises would appease many (though, not all) NA fans:

-Darius
    -Hoove
    -Sebrian
    -Quakke
    -Spinwit
    -Tuskador

I left Crita and Sagitar off of this list because I firmly believe that they will be included in the main 2015 sub.
    I'll say it a third time, those expecting more NA representation in 2015 other than the figure Mara, are going to be horribly disappointed! Hint, Hint!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kobra Khan View Post
    Toyguru said we'll get less NA characters than 2014: since this year we're getting 4 (Hydron, Flogg, Skeletor and She-ra) it is still possible to get 3 or at least 2 next year.
    He did say that, but it could also only be one figure and still be true! Hint, Hint!!!!
    Last edited by csc0709; July 25, 2014 at 02:17pm.

Heroic Warrior

Definite NA ADD-ON SUB NEEDED.....PLEASE!!!!

After today's reveals and based on 2015 slots left....we definitely are going to need an add on sub for New Adventures...I so want a full complete collection of mutants and galactic warriors......

I agree, so many NA characters over looked. They are some of the most interesting and detailed designs the Horsemen have come sculpted. Hope we at least get Darius before the line dies.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Same thought here, but I wasn't expecting too many NA reveals.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

Hoping for some more NA figures in MOTUC... at least 12 more!

Not to be negative, but I think a pure NA-sub will not meet the min. Just look at Flogg, he's still available. And it doesn't get more NA-A-list than Flogg...
    Cheers,
    TuShan

My Deviantart Page

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Yep.

Still want this. Desperately.

Gimme Kayo, Hoove, Drissi, Spinwit, Quakke, Vizar, Sebrian, Staghorn, Darius, gimme all of em! Even that one gal.. Serta matress ...Certs breath mints .... CRITA!
    More Vintage NA for MOTUC in 2016!!
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, Admiral Scurvy, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

As much as I want more mutants, 200X sub is the way to go especially after seeing SA He-Man and Hsss
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    I don't mind it if there is a 200X add-on minisub in 2015 to appease 200X fans (I too want Calix, Prahvus, Veena, Horde Wraiths...). But I desperately want and need a NA add-on minisub, multipack or whatever completing the NA factions to happen somehow sometime before the 4H-sculpted 6" MotU figures cease to be produced. It would be tragic if this remained the only vintage toyline never to be finished being redone in Classics style (plus there are a few must-have Jetlag and prototype/concept characters to be added too for NA to really feel "complete" the way the other factions will be).
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    I don't mind it if there is a 200X add-on minisub in 2015 to appease 200X fans (I too want Calix, Prahvus, Veena, Horde Wraiths...). But I desperately want and need a NA add-on minisub, multipack or whatever completing the NA factions to happen somehow sometime before the 4H-sculpted 6" MotU figures cease to be produced. It would be tragic if this remained the only vintage toyline never to be finished being redone in Classics style (plus there are a few must-have Jetlag and prototype/concept characters to be added too for NA to really feel "complete" the way the other factions will be).
    This should be etched in stone!

uaxuctum speaks the TRUTH!!!

Way back at the beginning of the Classics line Mattel showed us this image at a panel as a "wish list" of characters Mattel and the 4HM wanted to get to.
    The only characters left to do are the remaining vintage NA characters and such should be the next priority IMO. Be it minisub, multipack or however they can get them to us
    Scott said on the last RGD they will be starting to plan the 2016 line when they get back from SDCC so now is the time to show your support for the remaining NA characters more then ever

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Way back at the beginning of the Classics line Mattel showed us this image at a panel as a "wish list" of characters Mattel and the 4HM wanted to get to.
    The only characters left to do are the remaining vintage NA characters and such should be the next priority IMO. Be it minisub, multipack or however they can get them to us
    Scott said on the last RGD they will be starting to plan the 2016 line when they get back from SDCC so now is the time to show your support for the remaining NA characters more then ever
    My god! Looking at the two, yes, TWO pictures of NA bad guys and NA good guys in that slide makes me even more sad & angry.... Just look at how many great characters are represented right there, then look at how little of them we actually got....... after almost SEVEN years!

I am hoping beyond hope that if a 2016 sub does not materialize, then Mattel finds a way to give New Adventures fans the figures they have been waiting for since the beginning! Whether it be a pre-order system, a multi-pack, a mini-sub, or even a kick-starter for goodness sakes - give us NA fans a little love Mattel!!!! There are way more of us than you think!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I got my fingers crossed for a mini sub for NA in 2015

My guess for figures:

1. Lizzar
    2. Crita
    3. Tuskador
    4. Spinwit
    5. Quake
    6. Vizar
    Sub Ex. Darius

Not my top choice of pic's, but what I strongly feel will be the line up.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

I can't help but think that the NA Mini-Sub is very unlikely. I love what Classics has done with the NA characters in toy form, and with the story/faction itself in Bio form, but the track record both on Mattel's end, and on the buyers' side of things points to "no". It just seems to be one of the hardest factions to sell for some reason.

The 200x Mini-Sub talk is the one that is starting to sound more likely, to me. Personally, I'd be fine with both, but I won't lie and tell you that NA has more possibilities (for my wants) than 200x does. I really want Veena!

A much as I would like to see more 200x stuff, in my opinion. seeing what they could do with NA, would be more interesting. a Giant rideable Sagitar figure for our good guys, for example.

Heroic Podcaster
    I'd love more NA stuff but I don't think it will happen. The sales numbers are just not there and this is, at the end of the day, a business. I do wish Mattel would offer a mini-sub for NA so we'd at least know, one way or the other, and we could put this to rest. EIther it makes its goal and we get more NA (woo hoo!) or it fails and we can know once and for all that it is not going to happen.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue
    Perfuma Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor Twistoid

Bro? That's one word I never thought I'd hear you utter!

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Wind View Post
    Bro, you just cut me deep! Where is Spinwit? You and I have been some of the louder fans for NA characters and you leave my fav character out? Dude.... not cool.

Anyways why are we still talking about this Mattel just needs to make it happen!

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    I got my fingers crossed for a mini sub for NA in 2015

My guess for figures:

1. Lizzar
    2. Crita
    3. Tuskador
    4. Spinwit
    5. Quake
    6. Vizar
    Sub Ex. Darius

Not my top choice of pic's, but what I strongly feel will be the line up.
    I say this with love for all things New Adventures (in MOTUC), so please don't assume I have an axe to grind against it. But I believe the chances of an NA mini-sub in 2015 are zero percent.
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    what about a pre-order sub like castle grayskull where they don't make anything until we subscribe? that way mattel risks nothing. i would sign up with just a couple of names.
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    what about a pre-order sub like castle grayskull where they don't make anything until we subscribe? that way mattel risks nothing. i would sign up with just a couple of names.
    This! THIS! THIS!!

Just like Mattel did with the "Ecto-1" and the DCUC sub... not enough subscribers/pre-orders so the product was never made. No harm no foul. I have been preaching this line of thought since the Filmation mini-sub was announced!

I truly believe that a New Adventures Mini-Sub would make the minimum pre-sales (if not more), and I am positive that there are many more NA fans out there than Mattel cares to believe. Seriously, just mention an NA Teela, NA Sorceress, Darius, Sebrian, CRITA!?! and see who doesn't want to sign up!

Mattel! Please listen!!!