Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic TV Batman figure sightings

Classic TV Batman figure sightings

Has anyone seen these guys showing up at retail yet? I know some websites have them, but I have not seen them in stores around NJ. Has anyone seen these yet?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    what are the wave divisions for that matter? I want Catwoman.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Wave 1 has come and gone at my local TRU in IL.

Basically, in assortment 1 you get Batman, Riddler and Penguin
    in assortment 2 they add in the Joker and Surf's Up Batman
    Finally, in assortment 3 Catwoman is added into the mix.

I heartily recommend the Batmobile. It's awesome.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Toys R Us to my knowledge has been the only "retail" store to get them so far.

All the online stores got them the past 2 weeks. I got my Series 1, Series 2 and 2 Pack shipments from my Distributor this week as did BBTS, Entertainment Earth, Amazon and some others.

Mattel has been shipping them in no certain order and very weirdly.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I'm willing to bet the other retailers didn't want anything to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    what are the wave divisions for that matter? I want Catwoman.
    Wave 1 is 2x Batman, 2x Riddler, 2x Penguin
    Wave 2 is 1x Surfboard Batman, 2x Joker, 2x Batman, 1x Riddler
    Wave 3 is 2x The Joker, 2x Surf's Up Batman, 1x The Riddler, 1x Catwoman
    Wave 3.5 is 1x Batman, 1x The Penguin, 1x The Joker, 1x The Riddler, 1x Catwoman, 1x Surf's Up Batman

Robin as far as we know will ONLY be in the 2 pack with no single release, Catwoman will be the next rarest because both case asst she is in are 1x only.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phil.Pastel View Post
    I'm willing to bet the other retailers didn't want anything to do with them.
    Target is "supposed" to be getting them, they carried the 1966 Batmobile for this line and sold out.

But in general yeah I don't see this as being a huge mass market line given the show is not available on DVD, and is designed solely for the nostalgia value.

Mattel originally told us as retailers that they were making only a certain amount and once that was done it was done, you had to agree to buy a LOT of the product to even be insured you would get it. I opted out and instead am using a wholesale distributor (instead of buying Directly from Mattel Business2Business like with Monster High) but even then the cases I got showed that it was limited to around 1200 pieces for each "major" distributor which is VERY small for a retail line.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I stumbled across the 2 pack of Batman and Robin ar TRU the other day when looking at Disney Infinity stuff.

They are pretty cool! I admit both this line and the 6 inch Star Wars Black series are VERY tempting, but I'm going to pass on them at least for now if not completely.

Between what I spent on getting everything available so far for that Disney Infinty game (and will be spending once more related figures, etc, come out) and what I will be spending once the Horde Troopers come out (I plan to get a minimum of 6 sets, including the one from my sub) and when Castle Grayskull ships, I just can't justify starting 2 new lines right now.

I actually had both R2 and Darth Maul on backorder on Amazon, but canceled them both after I went crazy with the DI stuff.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

I think Batman looks terrible. The cape, his lack of bulk, and the articulation lines really murder the poor guy

The other 3 figures (that I've seen images of) all look good.

Quote Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
    I stumbled across the 2 pack of Batman and Robin ar TRU the other day when looking at Disney Infinity stuff.

They are pretty cool! I admit both this line and the 6 inch Star Wars Black series are VERY tempting, but I'm going to pass on them at least for now if not completely.

Between what I spent on getting everything available so far for that Disney Infinty game (and will be spending once more related figures, etc, come out) and what I will be spending once the Horde Troopers come out (I plan to get a minimum of 6 sets, including the one from my sub) and when Castle Grayskull ships, I just can't justify starting 2 new lines right now.

I actually had both R2 and Darth Maul on backorder on Amazon, but canceled them both after I went crazy with the DI stuff.
    Out of my store stock I kept a 2pk and a Joker, those are my icons from this line. I did not buy the SDCC dancing Batman or keep the Surfboard Batman.

But with me going to PowerCon and then the CRUSH of MOTUC in October and November its just too much

I just stopped off at TRU to see if they had any. They had Batman, Penguin, and Riddler on single cards for $23. The Batmobile is $70
    They look nice. Even Batman looks better than I had feared. But the line's gotta be a pass for me. Too pricey.

There was an alien 2-pack with a black and red alien @ $38. So we're back to forcing people to buy unwanted variants again, eh Neca? No thanks.

Yeah that is the TRU tax at work, the single figures are supposed to be $15.95-17 max and the Batmobile is $49.99

Amazon has/had all of the single figures for $15.99 a few days ago

The two pack is supposed to be $32.95

I ordered a Batman & Robin 2-pack, Batman, Joker, Riddler, Penguin, and Catwoman for a customer and the Batman & Robin, Batman, Penguin, & Riddler arrived from Amazon this past week. Now I think I want a set for myself. lol.
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; August 24, 2013 at 01:59pm.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

I ordered everyone from amazon except the 2 pack... it was like 42. I need robin and the batmobile!!! Yea TRU at $23 sounds insane, but its good to know they are hitting shelves. How much was the 2 pack there?
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Found BATMAN PENGUIN and RIDDLER at my local Wal-Mart last week. They were $15.97 each I believe. I totally dident excpect WalMart to carry em. I was sooo suprised to find em!

They didn't have the 2-pack. Shipment day was yesterday, so they may have sold out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Found BATMAN PENGUIN and RIDDLER at my local Wal-Mart last week. I was sooo suprised!
    Cool. The Walmarts in my area are cutting down on figures. Half the aisle is puzzles and board games, and the other half is highly undesirable figures like the new avengers and gimmicky deluxe figures. I have been having a lot more luck at Kmart.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I ordered everyone from amazon except the 2 pack... it was like 42. I need robin and the batmobile!!! Yea TRU at $23 sounds insane, but its good to know they are hitting shelves. How much was the 2 pack there?
    It was either $32.95 or $39.95, I can't remember but it was in the 30's

cool thanks. I just got my first wave of 3 figures from Amazon. Free shipping and 15.99 each is not a bad deal... delivered to my doorstep, just wish I could get the batmobile that way!

While the figures looked better in person than I thought they would, I can't say the same for the batmobile. It is large, but it looked cheap. It looks much better in images.

It was no match for this ^

I think it looks beautiful. It's light, but I'm not sure what people are wanting in that regard. It's basically an empty shell. But it has lots of cool little details all over the place.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Well, I didn't sit there and examine it at length, but it seemed to be mostly lacking a reflective shine that an actual vehicle would have. Kind of looked like plastic. I'll have to give it a closer examination next time. They aren't going anywhere; there were 4 of them.

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    It was either $32.95 or $39.95, I can't remember but it was in the 30's
    The 2-pack from Amazon was $32.95 + Free shipping when I bought mine, but when I checked yesterday they were out of stock. The cheapest by a 3rd party seller yesterday was $42 + shipping.

I looked again just now and Amazon has them for $29.99 plus free shipping. Get them while they're hot! lol.

- - - Updated - - -

I wanted to buy the 2-pack for $29.99, but it won't allow me to add it to my cart. Keeps saying out of stock already.
    “Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do.” ― Apple Inc.

I don't understand what the point is of having Batman available on the single card and not Robin.

I, for one, would prefer single cards. I don't really want the 2-pack; I'm not interested in having them climbing.

I don't keep up on Batman news, but these 1966 figures are kind of cool. Nowhere near as cool as MOTUC of course. Anyway, does anyone know if the Batmobile will be available again? Places like Amazon, BBTS, and Toys R Us appear sold out, and the prices it's going for on the secondary market are too much for me at the moment. I'd really like to get it but hoping more will be released at a reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    I don't keep up on Batman news, but these 1966 figures are kind of cool. Nowhere near as cool as MOTUC of course. Anyway, does anyone know if the Batmobile will be available again? Places like Amazon, BBTS, and Toys R Us appear sold out, and the prices it's going for on the secondary market are too much for me at the moment. I'd really like to get it but hoping more will be released at a reasonable price.
    Toys R Us is the ONLY place that should be carrying the Batmobile as it was a timed exclusive, Target somehow got a hold of them and sold them for about 2 weeks at $50.

BBTS picked theirs up at SDCC, I assume Amazons are 3rd party sellers aka anyone who went to TRU and bought it or got it off Target.com

They "should" show up again at TRU and then whenever their deal runs out just like the TMNT Sewer they will appear in other stores (supposedly).

Found the batmobile today at TRU... 59.99 woohoo!!! I also received a 5 buck coupon from TRU so good times. Just need to find that Robin 2 pack!