Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Classic TV Batman figure sightings

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I've got everything but the Batmobile coming (Catwoman is pre-ordered) tomorrow; gotta hang out at TRU until the get some in. I'm really disappointed that the line is basically done before even getting going, especially with no Batgirl. Still, I never really thought we'd see a retail line based on the series I grew up with, so I can't complain too much.

But a 6" Tut Tut would have been so nice to have...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Yeah, some type of scene for a bar room brawl seems essential. As it is, there aren't even any grunts for the villains to command. I guess you could find some from another line. Break out those TMS's or get a bunch of DCUC Hawk's.

They say there are no plans right now, but I am betting that if these figures sell out at retail fairly quickly, they will add a few more waves. Silly to cancel a line if the figures have never been offered yet. Yes, I know toy companies do that sometimes, but this property is different, especially with a new 1960's DC comic out and a whole mess of other product. I am hoping for a next wave... who do u guys wanna see?
    I want:
    Bat-Girl
    King Tut
    Egg Head
    Mr. Freeze
    Surfing Joker
    and some goon 2 packs!
    Maybe an alternate Cat Woman although Julie Newmar is the best!
    Check out my band The Caterpillar Book on iTunes, Rhapsody, Amazon, etc.

Still one batmobile at my TRU (still looks cheap) and a pair of villains. I couldn't bring myself to pick any of them up at the going rate. Wish they were more affordable.
    "The better you get at this job, the more dangerous it becomes."

Heroic Warrior
    I'd love more hand puppets , 3 wasn't enough
    Don't you have better thing to do than read this stupid signature

Tony Clifton : Kaufman was a hack....hack sack pack nack !

I saw the two pack and leftovers from the first wave at our local TRU. No sign of the Batmobile yet.

As for cancelling any future stuff before it even hit the pegs, I can only assume that the initial orders from retailers fell shy of Mattel's expectations?
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I was able to obtain a Batmobile at Toys R Us by going to their website and clicking on the item and searching using their "store pickup" option. When I had gone to the store originally I didn't see any of this line out, but I was able to order the Batmobile with this option and went to the store and they brought it to me out of their stock room. Still unsure if they have any of it out on the shelves yet as I did not check. It was a nice service though.

Lots of Batmobiles in only 1 TRU by me, but I have not seen 1 figure in any store!

Late last night, actress Yvonne Craig announced she’s made a deal to allow her likeness to be used on future Batman ’66 products.

Hey Bat Fans!

To all of you who’ve been asking: I’m pleased to announce that I’ve just signed a licensing agreement with Warner Brothers so expect to see Batgirl toys etc. on the market in the very near future. I look forward to seeing what they make.

Best Bat Wishes!
    Yvonne
    While no specific product was mentioned, its hoped that this new development will lead to an extension of Mattel’s recent Batman Classic 1966 TV line. Until now, it appeared the line was finished at wave three, but this news is a potential game changer. Would Mattel really pass up the chance to produce one of the cult show’s most iconic characters? Fans have been demanding Batgirl ever since the line was announced — her inclusion could easily carry another wave of figures, and open the door for other fan-demanded characters like Egghead, King Tut and Mister Freeze. The bat is in your court, Matty!

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/09/yvonne-...handising-deal

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Here's hoping. If we get anyone else beyond the six characters, Batgirl's top of my list - though I will not give up hope for Egghead and Tut until I have to!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It would be shame if, now that one of the main characters is finally available, Mattel didn't extend the line if sales have been decent. Even if not, they still have the license, and this would be a golden opportunity to get something from DC selling on Matty with the regular DC line gone. How about a Batman Series Sub? THere's some re-use in there, as Batgirl can swipe several of Catwoman's parts (something I think may have been deliberate on Mattel's part). We've got the suited body from Harvey Dent in the right scale for a suited Riddler, Gordon, or Alfred, and, with a new jacket piece, maybe even Egghead, Bookworm and Mad Hatter. Lots of potential there, and Matty really needs something to sell next year.

I have all except Catwoman and the single carded Batman. These are so cool. Can't wait for the Catwoman.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Late last night, actress Yvonne Craig announced she’s made a deal to allow her likeness to be used on future Batman ’66 products.

While no specific product was mentioned, its hoped that this new development will lead to an extension of Mattel’s recent Batman Classic 1966 TV line. Until now, it appeared the line was finished at wave three, but this news is a potential game changer. Would Mattel really pass up the chance to produce one of the cult show’s most iconic characters? Fans have been demanding Batgirl ever since the line was announced — her inclusion could easily carry another wave of figures, and open the door for other fan-demanded characters like Egghead, King Tut and Mister Freeze. The bat is in your court, Matty!

YES!!! bring on batgirl.. she is highly wanted. mattel, if ur gonna cancel the line before it even hits most stores.. produce at least Batgirl, then can it..
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I would so love a Classic TV batman sub! but I will settle for a second full wave with Batgirl and like 3-4 other characters. Maybe a goon 2 pack as well. I haven't opened any of these yet as they are for my birthday in 2 weeks... can't wait!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RyDell View Post
    I would so love a Classic TV batman sub! but I will settle for a second full wave with Batgirl and like 3-4 other characters. Maybe a goon 2 pack as well. I haven't opened any of these yet as they are for my birthday in 2 weeks... can't wait!!!
    A goon pack would be so easy to do using parts they have; they'd really only need a new torso, forearms (to avoid looking like jacket sleeves) and head. Make a two pack with two different heads, and re-use the body twice in one offering.

How did I miss this!!

Best. News. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

I just saw these at Wal-Mart....Batman, Riddler, and Penguin were available. Two Pegs worth. Also saw a batman/Robin 2 pack at TRU yesterday....they are cool, but can't justify starting a new line with all the MOTUC coming up, and still completing the classic Turtles set and adding B Bop and RS when they arrive
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Netossa, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Shokotti, Castle Grayskull, Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, Filmation hordak, horde trooper(s), sky high, Kevin kosse heads

Still haven't seen the Batmobile at our local TRU; glad I got it online.

And apparently the death of the line has been greatly exaggerated:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...6-batman-line/

Good news if it pans out, but one has to wonder why Mattel hasn't squelched the rumors the line was done before this. The word of the end has been out literally before some of the product hit the shelves, so, if Mattel had further plans, or even the possibility of such, why in the world would they not issue a simple press release saying, "This is all the product for 2013; we're not ruling out continuing things in 2014 if sales are good enough." Letting people think it's "one and done" could hurt sales of the product right out of the gate.

My take is that the rumors were true, and Mattel was planning on ending the line until Batgirl became available. With something like that to anchor another wave or two, it became feasible to crank out some more figures. Now if they have something to show at NYCC or have product ready to go in the Spring of 2014, then I'm wrong here. If the next wave isn't until summer or next fall, though, that pretty much means their plans changed.

anyone know if these new batman figures can fit in the other mattel batmobiles released some yrs back? the die cast one with open doors, trunk n hood. i think there was 2 released if i recall
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Still haven't seen the Batmobile at our local TRU; glad I got it online.

And apparently the death of the line has been greatly exaggerated:

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/m...6-batman-line/
    Surf's Up Joker was on display tonight in the Matty display.

Princess of the 80's Princess_Adora's Avatar
    Now that Catwoman has been shipped/released, can anyone tell me if she comes with a mask packed in her box (kind of like Catra from MOTUC) or if she really doesn't have one. She looks odd with out it imho.

On a side note, I would love to get a Batgirl with her Batgirl-cyle now that Yvonne Craig has agreed to allow her likeness to be used. That would be AMAZING to me!
    "My whole life has changed because of this sword!" ~Adora

Master of Invisibility MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Amazon has shipped out my Catwoman. She should be here on Saturday.
    Enter my $200 CASH GIVEAWAY to Help
    Promote the 2015 Club Eternia Subscription.

WE can do this together because.....

EVERY SUB COUNTS whether it is 1 or 1,000!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Princess_Adora View Post
    Now that Catwoman has been shipped/released, can anyone tell me if she comes with a mask packed in her box (kind of like Catra from MOTUC) or if she really doesn't have one. She looks odd with out it imho.

On a side note, I would love to get a Batgirl with her Batgirl-cyle now that Yvonne Craig has agreed to allow her likeness to be used. That would be AMAZING to me!
    Got my Catwoman yesterday - no mask. Still, she looks pretty nice in person...the sculpt isn't quite spot-on, but it's an OK figure. Probably my least favorite of the four villains, though.

Been to three different TRU's over the past week from Orlando to Daytona, and no sign anyone ever even had the Batmobile. Any figures have likewise dried up.

Are any of the Catwoman figures shipping with a masked head? Is this going to be a never existing running change like the first DCUC wave Red Tornado?

Catwoman is a great figure (got her from Big Bad last week, but just got around to opening her), but her legs are a little wonky. I don't recall Julie Newmar having bowed legs, which makes it a little hard to get this figure to pose naturally. THe details are good, and the likeness isn't bad (the sculpt is fine, but it loses a little with the paint job).

I would agree that the figure is good, but the likeness isn't fantastic especially compared to her male peers in villainy.

http://thefwoosh.com/2013/10/mattel-...eries-catwoman