Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • He-Man

65 60.75%
  • She-Ra

12 11.21%
  • Equal

30 28.04%

Thread: He-Man vs She-Ra. Who is physically stronger?

Heroic Warrior

He-Man vs She-Ra. Who is physically stronger?

I'm not talking about who would win a fight. I'm just talking about strength levels.

Who is stronger? He-Man or She-Ra?

My vote goes to He-Man.

I consider them to be about equal in terms of power and ability, but I think He-Man has a slight edge on brute strength. I just can't see She-Ra beating He-Man in something like an arm wrestling match.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I'm going to say equal and here is why. I think the power of Grayskull imbues the recipient of it's energies and augments the strength within that individual which is already present. Now, Prince Adam, if you follow the Filmation canon and the one I am going by as it is the most popular and widely accepted, receives this power on Eternia. I believe that the Prince Adam persona post He-Man is very similar if not exactly the same as the Prince Adam persona before discovering and accepting the Power Sword and the poers of Grayskull. That is, being a prince who loves his leisurely life and taking things free and easy without a care in the world. Therefore, Prince Adam would shun sword work and physical labors. His attitude towards these things more than likely changed after accepting the role of He-Man but he had to keep up the persona of "Prince Adam" so the better hide his secret identity.

She-Ra, on the other hand, was kidnapped as a baby by Hordak and brought up as a warrior. So great a warrior that she eventually became a Force Captain of the Horde. So I imagine that she had hundreds upon hundreds of training exercises and fighting sessions to bring her to the peak of physical conditioning. Such as when both He-Man and She-Ra power up, I feel that She-Ra would be the better warrior and would offset being physically smaller than He-Man through the rigorous conditioning she received as a Horde member. Hence, when calling on the power of Grayskull, both He-Man and She-Ra would be at equal physical prowess.
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; July 7, 2013 at 05:53pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

At first I was going to say He-Man just for the sheer fact that She-Ra has others powers that He-Man doesn't have (healing powers, communication with animals) and it wouldn't be fair for her to have the same amount of strength, but I figured "why not?" and voted equal

Heroic Warrior
    Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    He-Man of course. Even if they had identical powers it's man vs. woman. Even in arm wrestling Adora's stick arms are no match for Adam's steroid buffed arms.

Heroic Warrior
    He-Man... Grayskull blessed him

Equal, is my vote.

Interestingly, my summer kiddos at work and I have been working on a MOTU and PoP (and NA, and...) version of Top Trumps (awesome, fun card game, for the uninitiated), and we placed their strength at 50 each (the max), but He-Man's durability is higher, while She-Ra's magic and fighting skill were a bit higher, based on her extra abilities and her Horde training.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    He-Man is physically stronger but She-Ra has more magical ability so at the end, it equals both.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I feel that they have equal "superpower" level strength. But since He-Man is so obviously ripped, and also a man, he wins overall.

I think of it the same way that when Superman fights Zod, they are equals in as much as both same powerlevels. The stronger is the one who has the edge beyond that. So Superman vs Supergirl, Superman is stronger.

But I feel they have equal levels granted to them, and that the difference is probably negligible as far as anyone else is concerened.

He-Man. He's got to have SOMETHING that She-Ra doesn't. Geesh. Come on people.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    thats no fair
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    They're twins. They both got the Power from the same source. Their strength levels are identical to me (though She-Ra relies less upon hers and more upon her wits and other abilities)...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Ally of the Rebellion Robin Hood's Avatar
    Once I believed that He-Man and She-Ra were of more or less equal power as they are both twins and share similar swords that help draw upon the Power of Grayskull with He-Man having more strength and She-Ra having more magic. Nowadays I’m not so sure.

She-Ra also has the “stone of protection” in her sword and can call upon the “Power of all Etheria” as shown in the She-Ra Filmation episode “Glimmer's Story”:

Her ability to call upon other powers than Grayskull seems logically as she has the additional magical home of the Crystal Castle on Etheria.

She-Ra could therefore be stronger as strength is one of her key capabilities and she appears to have greater power/energy available with which to increase her strength.

Furthermore, if the power of the twins is based on willpower as implied in the She-Ra MOTUC action figure bio it would be expected that Adora as She-Ra would be stronger and more powerful as she has a greater reason to do good as she is in need of redemption as a result of the bad things she has done while in the Horde.

Other observations in support of She-Ra being more powerful (and stronger) include:
    • He-Man always seeming to allow She-Ra to lead when they team-up (This could also be for other reasons such as She-Ra having more experience of leading from being a Force Captain in the Horde);
    • that she wears a crown/tiara unlike He-Man. The crown/tiara potentially indicating a greater power and/or higher status;
    • Hordak clearly stating that “No-one is as strong as She-Ra” in the She-Ra Filmation episode “Enemy, with my face”.

So unless it can be shown that He-Man has significant additional powers to the Power of Grayskull it would appear that She-Ra has the greater strength capability based on existing knowledge of their powers!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Thank you! She-ra has so much more "gifts" He-Man should have the edge...

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Hood View Post
    Once I believed that He-Man and She-Ra were of more or less equal power as they are both twins and share similar swords that help draw upon the Power of Grayskull with He-Man having more strength and She-Ra having more magic. Nowadays I’m not so sure.

She-Ra also has the “stone of protection” in her sword and can call upon the “Power of all Etheria”

In "The Stone in the Sword," this stone actually makes She-Ra more vulnerable (not physically stronger) as her sword loses all its powers when it cracks. He-Man's sword is never shown to be vulnerable or able to be "broken" the way She-Ra's is.

Her ability to call upon other powers than Grayskull seems logically as she has the additional magical home of the Crystal Castle on Etheria.

She-Ra could therefore be stronger as strength is one of her key capabilities and she appears to have greater power/energy available with which to increase her strength.

I see this as all speculation. The ep where she calls upon the powers of Etheria is more an anomaly than anything, and never is it stated that it increases her physical strength.

Other observations in support of She-Ra being more powerful (and stronger) include:
    • He-Man always seeming to allow She-Ra to lead when they team-up (This could also be for other reasons such as She-Ra having more experience of leading from being a Force Captain in the Horde);
      I agree that He-Man usually lets She-Ra lead the missions on Etheria, but only because they are on Etheria, a place where She-Ra grew up. It is her home (and her show) and she is more familiar with it. In fact, it is She-Ra who often asks for He-Man's help, not necessarily his leadership. He-Man is not a chauvinist.
    • that she wears a crown/tiara unlike He-Man. The crown/tiara potentially indicating a greater power and/or higher status;
      I see this as pure speculation. Nothing in the show supports this theory. Glimmer also wears a crown, but her powers are not viewed as greater than He-Man's.
    • Hordak clearly stating that “No-one is as strong as She-Ra” in the She-Ra Filmation episode “Enemy, with my face”.
      I believe he's talking about beings on Etheria, not in the entire universe.

So unless it can be shown that He-Man has significant additional powers to the Power of Grayskull it would appear that She-Ra has the greater strength capability based on existing knowledge of their powers!

[b] Again, except for the anomaly mentioned above, when did She-Ra use powers from elsewhere that increased her strength? In "Glimmer's Story" did the powers of Etheria increase her strength? He-Man also encountered powers that could have made him more powerful such as the starseed in "The Search" but it was never implied that this would increase his physical prowess.
    I will present some counter points.

I forget the ep titles at the moment so you'll have to excuse me, but there is an episode where He-Man flies a wind raider into outer-space and pushes the moon out of orbit. In a similar episode She-Ra attempts to drag a moon out of orbit and is shown unable to do so as she and Swiftwind briefly hurl through space out of control from the effort.

In "Horde Prime Takes a Holiday" He-Man is shown anchoring the "most powerful ship in the galaxy" to Etheria, preventing it from leaving the planet's atmosphere. She-Ra says that "Not even my brother can hold his much longer" giving deference to his strength.

Of course, there is room for argument since it is never outright stated who is stronger, but really, did it need to be?

I believe He-Man is stronger based on a few assumptions we know are true.
    1) There would be NO She-Ra if not for the success of He-Man.
    2) He-Man is marketed to little boys, and no toy company or cartoon will ever expressively stated to little boys that their hero is weaker than his sister.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon View Post
    Thank you! She-ra has so much more "gifts" He-Man should have the edge...
    Amen! Those muscles aren't just for show, ya know!
    Last edited by Blue; July 30, 2013 at 10:13pm.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Equal. Can't see one being physically stronger than the other but if one were to bring up different qualities then, yeah, sure.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Heroic Warrior
    Lol. That's why I had to vote He-Man.

She-Ra has him beat on pretty much every other level. If it were to come down to a fight, I'd feel sorry for the big lug. Getting whooped by your sister and all.

I will present some counter points.

I forget the ep titles at the moment so you'll have to excuse me, but there is an episode where He-Man flies a wind raider into outer-space and pushes the moon out of orbit. In a similar episode She-Ra attempts to drag a moon out of orbit and is shown unable to do so as she and Swiftwind briefly hurl through space out of control from the effort.

In "Horde Prime Takes a Holiday" He-Man is shown anchoring the "most powerful ship in the galaxy" to Etheria, preventing it from leaving the planet's atmosphere. She-Ra says that "Not even my brother can hold his much longer" giving deference to his strength.

Of course, there is room for argument since it is never outright stated who is stronger, but really, did it need to be?

I believe He-Man is stronger based on a few assumptions we know are true.
    1) There would be NO She-Ra if not for the success of He-Man.
    2) He-Man is marketed to little boys, and no toy company or cartoon will ever expressively stated to little boys that their hero is weaker than his sister.
    Blue, I think you’ve missed the main point I was trying to make. If you take an impartial view and look at the currently available information on He-Man and She-Ra, then consider their best feats and potential capabilities, then She-Ra is not only more powerful but probably stronger too. I’m not saying that it’s right but that’s how Mattel and the Filmation writers appear to have made them. And it might have been done deliberately to give She-Ra more credibility as an equal of He-Man or because she needs to use more power to deal with the Horde forces she regularly fights. If the latter it leaves it open for He-Man to gain new powers too when faced with Horde armies, which is consistent, for example, with the upgraded armour and sword he gets in the latest DC MOTU comic after the Horde invade Eternia.

Personally, I prefer to see them as equals in power, but with He-Man being slightly stronger and She-Ra having slightly more magic as stated in the first paragraph of my first post. This is because it gives He-Man and She-Ra one of their greatest attributes in my opinion that few if any other male/female superhero pairing truly offer – equality between the sexes combined with strong family values!
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete”
    Buckminster Fuller

Heroic Warrior
    If He-Man & She-Ra entered the Octogon, i cant see She-Ra standing as the victor.

If she punched He-Man in the face i can see He-Man getting up, but if he punched her in the face, man that would be rough

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    He-Man is physically stronger, whereas She-Ra seems more powerful on the mental level.

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    She-Ra = Honor

He-Man = POWER!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Man Pab View Post
    If He-Man & She-Ra entered the Octogon, i cant see She-Ra standing as the victor.

If she punched He-Man in the face i can see He-Man getting up, but if he punched her in the face, man that would be rough
    I think this is outside the scope of the thread. But I’m interested in the answer, so here’s my viewpoint (as your post hasn’t been moderated).

Both combatants would find it difficult to gain the upper hand physically in the confines of an Octagon having more or less the same level of power. This is because they would need to expend the same amount of energy in attacking as they would cause in physical harm and loss of energy to the other. Also, both have rapid healing capabilities so neither would be expected to injury the other for any significant length of time. The resulting evenly matched fight might therefore turn on points and who is the better fighter technically or who is the more aggressive. Of course, if one of them lets down their guard allowing the other to strike hard then they might be stunned or possibly KO’d thereby losing the fight.

Incidentally, special rules in the fight arena would be needed in the interests of fair play. For example: No swords (its a test of H2H skills); The banning of certain manoeuvres such as tossing the other sibling in the air for sufficient time that the referee times them out or disqualifies them (its meant to be a fight and not an acrobatic show); etc.
    Buckminster Fuller