Thread: I like Filmation better :(

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    MYP had better storytelling but the redesigns were terrible and the toys made everyone hideous deformed hunchbacks. So yeah, for everything else FILMATION was better.
    I agree with that- especally Beast man. Some of the characters were so pumped up (like Trap Jaw). But I felt some were actually improved. Especally Evil Lyn, Orko, and Mer Man.
    I wasn't a fan of Skeletor's fangs or Teela's ridiculously long hair but they are my only gripes about their design.

The main thing I don't like about the 2002 series is that it was a reboot and not a continuation. Because of the way Roboto is introduced it's clearly not a prequel either. But on the whole I think the 2002 series is just as good as the filmation. I just wish there were more as they seemed to evolve the characters. Even when Filmation did this with Teela's quest, everything was put back to normal again at the end. I'd loved to have seen the moment where Teela discovers Adam is He man and moves into Grayskull. If nothing else it may force an apology for all the remarks about Adam's cowardace.
    Last edited by Trap-Jaw-; September 13, 2013 at 05:08am.