Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Fall TV shows. What are you lookin forward to?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Didn't they say they are done following the comic? If so, I see no reason for them to even continue the show.
    I think this is a rare case where the show is often better than the source material.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think this is a rare case where the show is often better than the source material.
    Thats crazy talk BCI...

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Thats crazy talk BCI...
    I don't think the comic is that good... It tends to get far too cartoonish at times.

Uh-oh...
    Yer running a fever!
    It's zombies taking over the world...it's suppossed to be over the top.
    Besides without the comic there would be no show and more importantly no comic book figures which are fantastical, even though they are Mcfarlane.

Cybertronian Visitor transfan80's Avatar
    Outside of the new season of South Park, Sleepy Hollow, and maybe Dads, nothing on network tv appeals to me anymore. I usually stick to watching DVDs, tokusatsu shows, and whatever looks good on Netflix.
    Be who you are, not what's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Uh-oh...
    Yer running a fever!
    It's zombies taking over the world...it's suppossed to be over the top.
    Besides without the comic there would be no show and more importantly no comic book figures which are fantastical, even though they are Mcfarlane.
    Kirkman gets super cartoonish at times - especially with his bad guys, and I think it ruins the drama and suspense. Kirkman always goes for the outrageous and the over the top. The TV show is much more deft, subtle and nuanced.

And just because something was used as source material doesn't make it better. More often than not adaptations fall short, but its not always the case. The Godfather and Jaws, for example, are both awful books and great movies.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    It's a comic, it should look cartoonish.

I expect Sleepy Hollow to be gone after 4 episodes and Dracula will disintegrate into the sun about 8 episodes.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    It's a comic, it should look cartoonish.
    Really? Should they all be funny since they have the word "comic" in their name?

That strikes me as a very narrow-minded view of the medium. No wonder people have adapted the term "graphic novel" instead of "comic book".

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Kirkman gets super cartoonish at times - especially with his bad guys, and I think it ruins the drama and suspense. Kirkman always goes for the outrageous and the over the top. The TV show is much more deft, subtle and nuanced.

And just because something was used as source material doesn't make it better. More often than not adaptations fall short, but its not always the case. The Godfather and Jaws, for example, are both awful books and great movies.
    I agree jaws the novel was terrible. I was really hoping the shark would win in the book
    Is not not licking toads

A rose is a rose.

Villians should be over the top. Comics are exaggerations of societal problems, I think they do a great job of that in the comics and the show tamed it down a bit more to be more believable...never mind the whole zombie thing.

As far as Jaws & The Goodfather they were junk fiction...and a good bit of junk fiction translates well into movie/tv...

Its meant to entertain not be overly thought provoking. Thats what makes it fun.

Too many wet blankets trying to make stuff too serious and overly analytical...thats what the news is for...

Heroic Warrior
    I'm looking forward to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as the second season of Arrow.
    "I'm right here. I'm not going anywhere. That's a promise...!" --Kurama, Yu Yu Hakusho

"To me, the memories of my friends are an eternal treasure." --Yami Yugi, Yu-Gi-Oh