Thread: Jessica Jones Series On Netflix

Jessica Jones Series On Netflix

Well the second series is on it's way:

Casting looks good but I heard this may not come until next year??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A.K.A._Jessica_Jones

I heard mid-summer to early fall
    A PONY!!!

"I think it's time to admit the truth, I never grew out of wanting to be a vampire slayer... and probably never will"

Hype poster:

Looking forward to the series, but the pic kind of confuses me. What is the blotchy light and dark supposed to represent?

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Looking forward to the series, but the pic kind of confuses me. What is the blotchy light and dark supposed to represent?
    Maybe the purple is to hint at The Purple Man, but I'd guess its mostly just to make her stand out. Its not really a poster, its just to get an image of Ritter as Jones out there. The BG is probably just for dramatic effect.

It's an official image, right? Just thought it looked a bit weird in facial area. As a designer it just looks a bit weird. At first I thought they were trying to represent something about her powers, but I remember her having a fairly generic power set - flight (sort of), invulnerability, that sort of thing. But who knows! In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    It's an official image, right? Just thought it looked a bit weird in facial area. As a designer it just looks a bit weird. At first I thought they were trying to represent something about her powers, but I remember her having a fairly generic power set - flight (sort of), invulnerability, that sort of thing. But who knows! In any case, I'm really looking forward to seeing how this goes.
    If her face looks weird to you its probably because she's bruised up in the on set pictures from when this was clearly taken.

No, it's the effect on the pic. It's brightening one side of her face.

Oh, that's probably just whatever texture/image they overlayed on the entire picture enhancing the normal highlight on her cheek.

Likely just a quick and dirty way to try to make it not look like a still taken on set.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    It's the lighting; it looks like its coming from the right in some spots and the left in others. It looks weird in the face because it seems to be coming from her right, but the left side of her face is brighter than the right. Somebody doesn't know much about composition.

Never honestly heard of the character before the series was announced, but I liked Daredevil, so am optimistic about this one.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post

Never honestly heard of the character before the series was announced, but I liked Daredevil, so am optimistic about this one.
    Its the best thing Bendis wrote for Marvel. Its much more in the tone of his earlier work like Jinx. He's always done street level much better than overt superheroes. Its a really good book.

28 issues.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alias_%28comics%29

David Tennant is going to be playing Purple Man so that's a win win