Thread: From the Creator of Mega Man: Mighty No. 9

From the Creator of Mega Man: Mighty No. 9

Mighty No. 9

Keiji Inafune, creator of Mega Man, left Capcom in 2010. From then onward I was sorta sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for Inafune to sort of...remake Mega Man. From the ground up. From what I've read, he felt very strong about that series, so it only makes sense that once he was cut off from ownership he would try to rebuild the idea in a new era.

So Keiji Inafune can't use Mega Man. What we may get now is Mighty No. 9! Very "Mega Man" in style and feel, but free to explore new styles and abilities now that it's in the original creator's hands and unhindered by Capcom, who...well no one knows just what they heck they want to do with Mega Man, but I'll bet you "new and interesting" isn't on their list. Granted, there's no way to tell just how "new" Mighty No. 9 will be, but I'm not gona lie: I'm friggin' excited. It's the first time in awhile that the idea of "Mega Man" is gona move forward again, and I'm all for it.

So, if you're a Mega Man fan: give this a look and please consider helpin' out with the Kickstarter! I want to see where this goes, and hopefully all you Mega Man fans want to see as well.
    Last edited by Alexx; September 1, 2013 at 09:37am.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Meh, I'll care if it actually comes out. I don't believe in kickstarter as I find it to be a scam more than anything else. Good luck to him though.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Link doesn't seem to work. It just gets as far as the "You are leaving He-Man.org" page and not any further than that no matter what you click on
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Link doesn't seem to work. It just gets as far as the "You are leaving He-Man.org" page and not any further than that no matter what you click on
    Ha! Thanks, I did it backwards. All fixed now.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    Capcom, who...well no one knows just what they heck they want to do with Mega Man, but I'll bet you "new and interesting" isn't on their list.
    New yes, interesting no as evidenced by Battle Network, Starforce and so on which are Mega Man in name only.

Just looking at the concept art of Mighty No. 9 you can clearly see Mega Man, Roll, Rush, Dr. Wily, Cut Man, Fire Man, Sniper Joe and others in the designs. It's definitely a rehash, but if it keeps with the classic Mega Man gameplay I love then I'll undoubtedly get it.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

I love Mega Man, especially the original stuff, but even if he gets this funded, its so close to MM in design (especially MM1) Capcom'll be on him like white on rice!
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    I love Mega Man, especially the original stuff, but even if he gets this funded, its so close to MM in design (especially MM1) Capcom'll be on him like white on rice!
    capcom is too busy making those terrible mm rpg games..or did they finally stop those?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    capcom is too busy making those terrible mm rpg games..or did they finally stop those?
    I don't know, I haven't paid any attention to them since Mega Man Legends 2.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Well there was only one RPG - Mega Man X Command Mission. Are you talking about the Battle Network or Starforce games? If so, Battle Network never even made it to the DS; it ended on the Gameboy Advance. Starforce hasn't been seen since 2009. I'd wager a guess that they've stopped...there was some crossover game between them and they never brought it to the US, so I have to imagine the interest died off (though my interest died off with the third Battle Network).

In any case, I think "Mega Man" to Capcom now doesn't stretch past Mega Man 2 in terms of play mechanics, which is a shame. I'm assuming they're gona give us at least one more retro throwback, but we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    New yes, interesting no as evidenced by Battle Network, Starforce and so on which are Mega Man in name only.

Just looking at the concept art of Mighty No. 9 you can clearly see Mega Man, Roll, Rush, Dr. Wily, Cut Man, Fire Man, Sniper Joe and others in the designs. It's definitely a rehash, but if it keeps with the classic Mega Man gameplay I love then I'll undoubtedly get it.
    I'm going to disagree there for a moment. The first 3 BN games were excellent. Anything after was terrible.

Plus, they did give us Powered Up and Maverick Hunter X on the PSP and 9 and 10 on PS3.

However, Ca$hcom of today absolutely sucks.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

so, how come he can't use mega man anymore?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

He quit Capcom in 2010. So now it's up to Capcom to do things with Mega Man, and PFFFT yeah...yeah.

Ok, I'm hooked.

Where did I put those MMX games....
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Because Ca$hcom would rather let MM sit and get fat for a fighting game than make anything new with the character.

The game will reach 1.35 Million dollars within this hour.

If you guys using Linux or Macintosh, good news that they're on 1.342 Million at the moment.

On the side note
    Renegade Kid offer helps to bring Mighty No 9 to 3ds.
    here's the link
    Destructoid: Renegade Kid offers help to bring M.N.9 to 3ds
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

Great great news folks, the fun has ended after a month running in Kickstarter.

The great news is: You will have the game in all platform, Linux, Mac, Windows, PS4/3, Xbox One/360, Nintendo Wii/U, Nintendo 3ds, and PS Vita.

all of the perk or tier has reach on the final hours yesterday.

and Inafune recommend to the people who fund the game to donate Wayforward's Shantae game in Kickstarter.

(For those who don't know, Wayforward are the same company that produce and develope Ducktales remastered.)
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.