Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/1/2013)

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    but we do our best to produce some of the more popular figures in higher quotas when possible.
    Shadow Weaver and Sea Hawk would beg to differ on that point.

I'm not too surprised there's another 200X character coming in 2014 though I wasn't expecting to see one at Powercon. (I figured we'd see Scorpia and Blade and they'd hold the next reveal for NYCC) I hope for Veena though I fear not only will she be done in the blue and orange like the mini-comic instead of her 200X colors, but I worry she'll also just lazily be given reused boots instead of being barefoot. The colors I could live with but I feel the barefoot look is an intricate part of Veena's design.

I'd also like a 200X teen Adam provided he actually is a 200X teen Adam not just the standard buck with a new outfit. The appeal of 200X Adam is the fact that he's smaller and younger thus giving credibility to no one figuring out his secret identity. This would require a new buck but we could turn around and reuse it for other thin characters like Lizard Man.

Calix... what's his appeal? He has 29 seconds of screen time and dies! Phravus... he's dead too! Go watch "Of Machines and Men" and actually pay attention during Sortech's back story. He explains how the "invaders" ended up destroying themselves and it clearly shows Phravus and his men right before the flash of the explosion engulfs them.

Evilseed I don't consider a 200X character since he originated in Filmation.
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    A new one or just Dactys?
    If its a new one I'm hoping for Calix or Evilseed
    A new reveal for 2014.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Of_Destruction View Post
    Calix... what's his appeal? He has 29 seconds of screen time and dies! Phravus... he's dead too! Go watch "Of Machines and Men" and actually pay attention during Sortech's back story. He explains how the "invaders" ended up destroying themselves and it clearly shows Phravus and his men right before the flash of the explosion engulfs them.

Evilseed I don't consider a 200X character since he originated in Filmation.
    I don't think Prahvus died as it was revealed he would work for Hordak and would be in the next season of MYP. Either way, in MOTUC, 90% of the characters are dead including The Sorceress, Clawful, Hordak, Stratos, ALL the Snakemen, etc. So...we're all collecting dead characters here.

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Well, I re-read the Ian Richter's answers to fans' questions, and wanted to highlight what would have been with MYP-show continuing...

- Prahvus would return and Hordak would recruit him.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

When did Clawful die?
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    When did Clawful die?
    Fearless Photog killed him and Whiplash in his bio.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

I didn't realize there were any 200x A-List characters. I thought we were just getting Vintage and A-list Filmation and New Adventures. If Veena or Calix are considered A-list, I wonder if characters like Mara, Crita, are still possibilities.

Yes i would say Mara, and Crita are both still on the table as they are both two of the most demanded and most used of the New Adventure characters in the toon. The plans was for A_list media characters so i think we could see 200X, Filmation, Jetlag, and Mini Comics.

Fearless Photog™ Bio

Apprentice to Gwildor™, Jey often daydreamed of life as a member of the Masters of the Universe«. His dreams became a reality when he was selected along with five other inventors by the science council to journey to Eternos to present his latest creation; the Photog Emulator. During the presentation, a slight miscalculation led to a flux overload merging Jey with his invention. Finding he could drain his enemies' powers and display their defeat on his chest, Jey called himself the Fearless Photog™ and was offered membership with his idols in the Masters of the Universe«. He fought heroically during the Second Ultimate Battleground helping to defeat several of Skeletor’s warriors, including Clawful« and Whiplash«. Photog drains his enemies’ power, displaying their defeat for all to see!

The bio says defeats not kills.

Heroic Warrior
    I guess Evilseed...

Heroic Warrior
    Merman died in 2002 he crumbled when he fell. I think if there is something new it will be a 2 pack army builder of the spaleans, the bat people, why make all the new parts for Lord dactys and not re-use them.

Heroic Warrior
    Aha ! This is a good news, I think, since there are many more cool 200x characters to be released : King Miro, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Prahvus, Battle Lion, Horde Wraith...

Personally, I'd be over the moon with Evilseed or Prahvus. Calix would be very cool too... 2 more weeks before we get new reveals, guys... just 2 more weeks !

Heroic Warrior
    I would be happy with any of the following 200X figures:

Prahvus
    Calix
    Evilseed
    Snake Armor He-Man/Grayskull
    King Miro
    Ceratus
    Captain or Battle Armor Randor (I would think unlikely)
    Battle Armor Marlena
    Veena
    Battle Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Fearless Photog killed him and Whiplash in his bio.
    Well it only says he defeated them, not killed. So I don't think of them as dead.

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    The bio says defeats not kills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel View Post
    Well it only says he defeated them, not killed. So I don't think of them as dead.
    Defeat and kill can go hand in hand (synonyms for defeat: slaughter, massacre, extermination, kill, killing, annihilation, etc.). To defeat a Highlander, you chop his head off with a sword. It's hard to tell 100% if they are dead, but they are likely dead as the MOTUC bios are "the end of days." It's a completion to the story and all the characters are dropping like flies. I have to update this thread (because many more deaths have taken place), but I'll direct this convo to the Death Count thread:

http://he-man.org/forums/boards/show...s-Death-Count/
    Last edited by Darkspecter; September 1, 2013 at 05:20pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Jestermon View Post
    Merman died in 2002 he crumbled when he fell. I think if there is something new it will be a 2 pack army builder of the spaleans, the bat people, why make all the new parts for Lord dactys and not re-use them.
    Yeah, but Skeletor magicked him back together and un-stoned him...so he didn't die.

I'm thinking some of the $38 packs will be a figure with a small pack in figure. If that is the case and the Quarterly slot goes to this 200X character then my guess would be Prahvus with Odipherous pack in.

Otherwise, my number one hope is Veena!

While there are several 200x characters I wouldn't mind getting, Evilseed and Calix are really the only two I'd say belong in the 2014-2015 lineup.

I bet the 200X figure will be the 2nd quarterly slot ($25), and be a Snake Armor He-Man variant.

Then we will see the next three monthly figures, just like last year, which will include Scorpia and Blade. I'll guess that the third figure is Lodar.

I am guessing there might be a non-sub item reveal, and the sneak peak accessory will be Tung Lashor's dragonfly crossbow.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by nuno; September 3, 2013 at 05:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    While there are several 200x characters I wouldn't mind getting, Evilseed and Calix are really the only two I'd say belong in the 2014-2015 lineup.
    Not to start an argument, but I'm not seeing how Evilseed and Calix are the only ones that belong in the 14-15 line up. Evilseed deserves a figure, but his origin is in Filmation, although I would prefer his 200x look with an alternate head and cloak to simulate his Filmation look. Calix is basically fodder to show how ruthless Hordak is in the 200x series. If we go by character and story impact he would be pretty low on essentials list (athough I would love to have him). Veena and Prahvus would certainly belong in the line up before Calix, not to mention the Kulatak Elder, Ceratus, and other Members of the Eternian Council.

Given Calix's design I think he is an awesome contender for Classics, but there are a lot of character's that are worthy of a figure before him based off of importance or prominence in the series. This is all my opinion, for what it's worth.

Q: Just wanted to thank you so much for Modulok. Would it be possible to produce enough of him so some people could buy more than 1 for the different display options?

Toyguru: Sorry, but Mattel does not comment on production runs, but we do our best to produce some of the more popular figures in higher quotas when possible.
    Really? *cough*Two-Bad*cough*
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Is be over the moon for Hawke or Evilseed (although I much prefer his more interesting Filmation look), and Odiphus would be amazing. Veena, Ceratus, or either of Tuvar and Baddrah would be stellar too. Callix has me unimpressed as a character; I'd rather have Sor-Tek, honestly.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

How fitting would it be for them to choose Power-Con as the venue to reveal Illumina?
    Still remembers we paid excessive shipping on Battleground Teela. Is confident Matty will resolve the issue and make it right for us.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    We already have to fit the remaining He-man variants from the vintage line, why should we be getting one more in the form of Snake Armor He-man? So many interesting/needed/more overall popular variants should be considered first in my opinion.
    "In my opinion" I would rather have Snake Armor He-Man before any other variant, as I find it the best of the He-Man designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    How fitting would it be for them to choose Power-Con as the venue to reveal Illumina?
    I was thinking this too, but releasing her in the next 2 years as anything other than an outside the subscription figure would make little sense. But if she were a second Con exclusive, Matty chase figure, or other outside the sub figure I guess I could see her showing up?

This news about a 200x reveal at Power-Con makes me feel uneasy... The only 200x character I consider A list is Evilseed.

I'd be EXTREMELY disapointed if the first $38 item turns out to be Battle Lion! I don't need an oversized Battle Cat (and certainly not 2 since I ordered 2 subs! )

I just pray the reveal is Evilseed (or at the very least Calix) Anything else just isn't A list.
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

Quote Originally Posted by wayneepoo View Post
    Out of curiosity why Calix? He had just a few seconds of screen time. Ceratus and Prahvus seem like they should be higher priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    We already have to fit the remaining He-man variants from the vintage line, why should we be getting one more in the form of Snake Armor He-man? So many interesting/needed/more overall popular variants should be considered first in my opinion.
    Snake Armour He-Man is a very popular variant, he always does better than Flying Fists and Laser Power in the variant idol thread. I'd go as far as to say he's the most popular He-Variant left
    Tweet Me!

I've just changed my profile picture because we got Geldor in MOTUC!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app