Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/1/2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Snake Armour He-Man is a very popular variant, he always does better than Flying Fists and Laser Power in the variant idol thread. I'd go as far as to say he's the most popular He-Variant left
    Yes, he is:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ts#post3298791
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by nuno; September 3, 2013 at 04:37pm.

They never said the road map the next two years would be Vintage exclusive. It'd be Vintage, and most of the big guns of 200x, POP, NA.

I doubt it's a variant of another character. It's going to be a unique character.

I didn't consider the possibility for Snake Armor He-Man... I'd be up for that, even though I don't really care for variants. I'll put King Grayskull's head on him.

Heroic Warrior
    Last edited by nuno; September 3, 2013 at 04:36pm.

Yeah let's see Evilseed is the last major independent villain. He defeated the Masters, He-Man, and the Evil Warriors. Overtook the Palace and Snake Mountain!

King Miro father of the lines main antagonist and the current King. Grandfather of the lines two heroic leads an a former King of Eternia.

Veena a former Queen of Eternia wife of King Grayskull. The first Sorceress and Guardian of Grayskull. Ancestor to Miro, Randor, Skeletor, Adam, and Adora. Without her the line would never have had its lead villain, hero , or heroine!!
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

I think Snake Armor He-Man is more popular because that was He-Man's look for a significant amount of episodes in 200X. That look has had a lot more media time than any variant of He-Man in the vintage line.

Classics isn't all about vintage to a lot of fans, some of us like to see variants that have significance in various media and characters that had significance or importance vs quick shots that had cool designs. Design is usual second to significance for me....not always, but usually.

I remember Scott saying no more variants, except for con exclusives or outside the sub items since they'd take the sport of unique characters.

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    Yeah let's see Evilseed is the last major independent villain. He defeated the Masters, He-Man, and the Evil Warriors. Overtook the Palace and Snake Mountain!

King Miro father of the lines main antagonist and the current King. Grandfather of the lines two heroic leads an a former King of Eternia.

Veena a former Queen of Eternia wife of King Grayskull. The first Sorceress and Guardian of Grayskull. Ancestor to Miro, Randor, Skeletor, Adam, and Adora. Without her the line would never have had its lead villain, hero , or heroine!!
    I'd say Prahvus is as popular as the latter two - Veena and Miro. Probably Battle Lion, too. I just hope they make Evilseed with the ability to have both Filmation and 200x looks (and I'd rather have Night Stalker/Stridor or Mantisaur over Battle Lion).
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I think Snake Armor He-Man is more popular because that was He-Man's look for a significant amount of episodes in 200X. That look has had a lot more media time than any variant of He-Man in the vintage line.

Classics isn't all about vintage to a lot of fans, some of us like to see variants that have significance in various media and characters that had significance or importance vs quick shots that had cool designs. Design is usual second to significance for me....not always, but usually.
    Very well said Jinxie!!! I totally agree. I want them to finish the vintage MOTU, POP, and NA lines but there are a lot of characters from the toons that have major importance Madame Razz, Veena, Miro, Evilseed, Crita, Mara, Master Sebrian, Light Hope, and Imp!
    Last edited by bribri4u; September 1, 2013 at 06:31pm.
    Wants Crita Veena Angella Imp Mermista Peekablue Tung Lashor Evil Seed Lizard Man Prahvus Saurod Gwildor Ninjor Ssquueeze Sagitar Calix Tuskador Perfuma Spinnerella Dragstor Vultak Dylamug Masque Sebrian Dree Elle Montork Miro Blast Attack Multi-Bot Granita Hawke Hunga Kittrina Quakke Butthead Hoove Darius Spinwit Nocturna Kayo Lizzor Artilla Vizar Staghorn Rotar Twistoid Sunder Drissi Caz

Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'd say Prahvus is as popular as the latter two - Veena and Miro. Probably Battle Lion, too. I just hope they make Evilseed with the ability to have both Filmation and 200x looks (and I'd rather have Night Stalker/Stridor or Mantisaur over Battle Lion).
    I wasn't saying Prahvus isn't popular I agree him, Calix, and even Hawke are pretty popular but I was stating the other threes importance to the story

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Yeah, Scott said something about "no variants" but that was long ago and now the speech as changed a bit.
    He said it last year when he was stream lining the 2014 and 2015 road map.

I could still see NA Skeletor coming in the sub since NA He-Man needs his nemesis and NA Skeletor was his final transformation in the last mini comic.

Heroic Warrior

It will probably be the 2nd quarter item...isn't Calix bigger than a regular figure more like a RAM MAN size?

Crystal Moonbeam & Shezar The All American's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    How fitting would it be for them to choose Power-Con as the venue to reveal Illumina?
    If it was Illumina, that would be awesome! I got the impression from TG that she's not coming until 2016 at the earliest, but Mattel has been known to throw us off with reveals from time to time.

Fingers crossed for Illumina!

I hope it's Prahvus, but I think it'll be Calix.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

I forgot about SA He-Man and Miro, I would be cool with either of those as well. I think it will be Evil Seed though. Although he is not my most wanted from 200X, at least if it is him, it won't be the silly Filmation look.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

I'm hoping it's either Evilseed or King Miro.

I'm leaning more towards Evil Seed as the 200x Power-Con reveal. King Miro or Prahvus would great reveals too but Evil Seed is a definite must have out of MYP as he was shown to be a major independent villain in Filmation and even moreso in MYP.

I kind of doubt it'll be Veena, as we're getting more PoP GR characters so the females slots will be maxed out in '14 and Battle Lion is not as highly demanded as Stridor, who would be the best use of a beast slot in the "all star years".
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post
    If it was Illumina, that would be awesome! I got the impression from TG that she's not coming until 2016 at the earliest, but Mattel has been known to throw us off with reveals from time to time.

While we really do need a heroic female Gar, and there is a sentimental connection to the .Org, I can see the torches and pitchforks from here if she was released. I think she has the record for the most ephemeral existence of any MOTU character.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    People might buy multiple Battle Lion's for the 200X Battle Cat armor to make a 200X Battle Cat. Just like they did with King Grayskull 2.0.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Hover Robots in MOTUC! RockinHard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    People might buy multiple Battle Lion's for the 200X Battle Cat armor to make a 200X Battle Cat. Just like they did with King Grayskull 2.0.
    I find that highly unlikely.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Skeletor's Hover Robots 2) Sssqueeze 3) Tung Lashor 4) Stridor 5) Night Stalker 6) Lizard Man 7) Battle Ram (back half) 8) Roton 9) Multi-Bot 10) Ninjor 11) Dragstor 13) Blast-Attak 14) Saurod 15) Gwildor 16) Snake Mountain 17) TC Skeletor 18) FF He-Man 19) Karg

I'd love a Snake Armor He-Man. But I think the vintage variants would be pushed out first. I am leaning towards Calix. I would save Evil Seed for 2015 and hopefully we'd be able to somehow get both versions(Filmation & 200x) at once. All my own opionion of course.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Bolty-Neck View Post
    How fitting would it be for them to choose Power-Con as the venue to reveal Illumina?
    Quote Originally Posted by The All American View Post

I would LOVE it if it was Illumina! It probably won't be her, but I will throw a party if it is.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah