Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: MOTUC Q&A's From Around the Net (9/1/2013)

They could always sculpt a new saddle for Battle Lion to accommodate the longer loin cloth
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    Talk about a figure I at least wouldn't consider even close to "A list".

EDIT: Just had a thought. I recall from the latest RGD (I think) where Scott mentioned 2014 would have at least one head scratcher figure, where fans would probably not fully equate that choice as truly A-list. I wonder if this PowerCon reveal 200x slot is that guy. In which case it could be something much further afield and less A-list than an Evil Seed. Could be almost anyone.
    Yep, I'm telling you--it's Captain Randor

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    It's probably Evil-Seed (who IS a very good choice), but I personally want Prahvus. He's SO evil and cool looking.

http://www.bustatoons.com/blog_images/blog_prahvus.jpg

I definitely agree. He is a real bad dude. He fought the Sorceress on her off day. lol. Plus, we already know he aligns himself with the Horde, so I say bring him on. :-))

Quote Originally Posted by bribri4u View Post
    They could always sculpt a new saddle for Battle Lion to accommodate the longer loin cloth
    Like a change slot or something? Looky kids, he's not only a Battle Lion but also doubles as a piggy bank! (kidding, kidding)
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Kastors Korner: Can Glimmer have the boot cut joint and injection molded ankles sorely missing from our new female figures with unique tooling? Castaspella and Octavia would have benefitted greatly from this, so can Glimmer and other females with unique boots get what most male characters have been enjoying?

Mattel: We will certainly pass this comment to design.
    This was the most exciting answer I have ever seen in an Ask Matty.

It means nothing - BUT the very next answer to another figure was "it's too far along to make any changes", so it does give me hope.

The boot cut is honestly the thing that really elevates the female figures for me, and it's been sorely missed. It adds just the right touch of realism, and gives you that extra little bit of wiggle room to make a really nice female pose.

I really hope it does return for Glimmer, and all future PoP and females in general. We get shafted on accessories with PoP figures as it is - this would help increase the value of the figures, at least to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toymaker View Post
    Snake Armour He-Man is a very popular variant, he always does better than Flying Fists and Laser Power in the variant idol thread. I'd go as far as to say he's the most popular He-Variant left
    Which isn't really saying much.

I think overall, the subscriber base is all set with He-man variants. We have enough He-man figures.

Same with people looking for future Sorceress and Randor variants - I just don't see them wasting slots on characters that have already been visited multiple times. The only exception I see might be a Filmation Hordak, but even he seems a stretch at this point.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Kal View Post
    Yep, I'm telling you--it's Captain Randor
    I don't think it's going to be Captain Randor - why? Well in a recent podcast (Roast Gooble Dinner? probably) I'm sure Toyguru gave Captain Randor in his examples of figures who were cut form the roadmap to make this new one, did i mishear?

On another note: Put me down for the list of people who'd love a Snake Armor He-Man

Really hoping it is Evilseed but we will know for sure Sunday...
    My MOTUC needs:
    Catch up: Granamyr, Dragon Blaster Skeletor
    Coming soon: Rio Blast, Entrapta, Sweet Bee, Arrow, Gwildor, NA She-Ra, Mermista, Spinerella, Lizard Man, Ninjor, Huntara, Skeletor's Hover Robots
    Needs to make me feel like I have a complete collection: Queen Angella, Peekablue, Perfuma
    Wants: Hoove, Lord Masque

Yeah, there's no way it'll be Captain Randor - that's a perfect example of the type of "filler" that Scott said has been postponed to 2016 and beyond.

My prediction

Evil Seed (with swappable Filmation parts)

If not

Prahvus
    King Miro
    Callix
    Battle Lion
    Veena

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    My prediction

If not

Prahvus
    King Miro
    Callix
    Battle Lion
    Veena
    i would say you have it covered. lol
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    My prediction

If not

Prahvus
    King Miro
    Callix
    Battle Lion
    Veena

Dude...
    You forgot the obvious... 200x Prince Adam.
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

I don't think it will be a variant, especially that one.

My prediction

If not

Prahvus
    King Miro
    Callix
    Battle Lion
    Veena
    I'd say it's one of those, without question. I'd be surprised if it was a 200x variant.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'm really wondering if it will be Miro. I recall a while back there was rumors he was sculpted, but then bumped (If I'm not mistaken, it was in favor or Eternos palace Randor or something). If that's true, it wouldn't surprise me if it was Miro.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    I'd say it's one of those, without question. I'd be surprised if it was a 200x variant.
    A Snake Armor He-Man wouldn't surprise me. He sported the Snake Armor all season 2. But we just got a NA He-Man so I doubt we see another so soon. I think if we need to see a variant, it should be Terror Claws Skeletor.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Count Marzo View Post
    A Snake Armor He-Man wouldn't surprise me. He sported the Snake Armor all season 2. But we just got a NA He-Man so I doubt we see another so soon. I think if we need to see a variant, it should be Terror Claws Skeletor.
    Terror Claws? I think New Adventures will come first being we got the He-Man last year.

I can see the variants as in the more important ones like Snake Armor, NA Skeletor, Alcala Oo-Lar, and the Laser Lights released as outside the sub items and convention exclusives next year.

And instead of creating a Terror Claws figure, just release the claws as an accessory.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar

And instead of creating a Terror Claws figure, just release the claws as an accessory.
    and the shiny purple sports bra, you can't forget that!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

I don't think it will be a variant, especially that one.
    Yeah, if a Prince Adam variant ever came out, I would think it would be mini-comic (blue shirt), though it would be nice if they also included a velvet shirt as a nod to vintage.

That said, I think it's kind of doubtful we see any Adam variant - but it would be nice, especially since there is no carded Adam in the line.