Thread: Vintage Group Custom Showcase 04: FRIGHT FIGHTER FOE MAN

Vintage Group Custom Showcase 04: FRIGHT FIGHTER FOE MAN

Okay, it's that time again! Continuing the Vintage Group Custom Showcases with 'forgotten foe men', here we proudly present Vintage Group Custom Showcase 04.

Yes, this showcase is dedicated to the Fright Fighter and it's terrifying pilot. How would the Fighting Foe Man look that either invented or flew around in Fright Fighter? And how would Mattel have made that figure in the 1980s? Here are a few options, according to various of the talented customizers on this board. Enjoy!

We're going to do this alphabetically. First up then is docfairday's version, one that actually looks most like the actual vehicle:

Next up, e-man's version and that is... not a man:

Here's masterenglish' entry called Frightnor. Beware for nightmares:

Mon Prime's version is actually most 'vintage'. Clever re-use of parts and a repaint:

motumulder created a unique version of the character and he named him Para-Trooper:

Last but not least (he's the beating heart of these showcases) is Tyke's version:

Gentlemen, feel free to post more pics (I know you have 'em!) and your stories behind these customs underneath.

This is the fourth edition of this vintage group custom showcase. The next one will be based on the mighty Monstroid. Up in two months from now! Deadline in little less than 2 months (last day of October). If anybody wants to join in, feel free! Drop Tyke and/or me a PM for more details. Now if you please... let us all know what you think of the above.

ARCHIVE:

I like all of them! But I love the idea of that Paratrooper.!
    Now available for commissions.

Subscribe to TMNT Redesign Challenge News,
    if you want to be update to every The Technodrome Redesign Challenge.

Check my customs at Figure Realm
    Deviantart - http://gomes31.deviantart.com/
    www.facebook.com/Ulisses31Omega
    www.facebook.com/PauloGomesArt
    If you cannot convince them, confuse them. - Harry S Truman

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    Very cool everyone! Ive been anticipating the reveals for this one. MOTUMulder, you really killed it this time! I love the missiles in his chest, are they removable? And does he have a face under that mask?!
    And E-Man, thats the first female entry in the showcase isn't it?

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    cool works, guys!

each of them has some really nice stuff: congrats.

i especially love e-man's nod to moth lady: well done!

Quote Originally Posted by masterenglish View Post
    Very cool everyone! Ive been anticipating the reveals for this one. MOTUMulder, you really killed it this time! I love the missiles in his chest, are they removable? And does he have a face under that mask?!
    And E-Man, thats the first female entry in the showcase isn't it?
    Indeed MotuMulder killed it with those 'battle armor bombs' on his chest. Also the scuba tanks on the back are great in combination with those wings. But I do like all of 'em! All have their own thing going on. What I like most is that all of 'em have a distinct 'vintage' feel to them. All of them look like they could have been made in the 1980s.

And yeah, I believe mine is the first female. There is a female in the MOTUC Fighting Foe Men, so that inspired me to make one for this specific vehicle. A dragonfly feels a little feminine to me.

Quote Originally Posted by e-man View Post
    Indeed MotuMulder killed it with those 'battle armor bombs' on his chest. Also the scuba tanks on the back are great in combination with those wings. But I do like all of 'em! All have their own thing going on. What I like most is that all of 'em have a distinct 'vintage' feel to them. All of them look like they could have been made in the 1980s.

And yeah, I believe mine is the first female. There is a female in the MOTUC Fighting Foe Men, so that inspired me to make one for this specific vehicle. A dragonfly feels a little feminine to me.
    ACTUALLY, there may be lady parts under ANY of my Fighting Foe "Men's" furry-undewear! lol

there IS a face under MOTUMULDER's one!

they are all KILLER...will type up a more detailed response to each later!
    See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18

WhoooooooooWEEEEeeee!
    Well congrat's to all that participated with yet again a group of KILLER CUSTOMS!!

Doc; You realy did an awsome job in translating the vehicle into a character. Everything works and matches. I love the wings you've chozen/made and that claw symbol is a great find!

E-man; Thank you for toning down the testosteron level with this awsome female character. I think you killed it with that female buck and I can inform you, I'm on the hunt for one myself too now.

ME; That's just wrong. I realy can't figure out why Mattel isn't standing right next to you to scoob this guy up and rekindle the vintage line, who doesn't want to have one of those nightmare makers in there home? That last pic with him on the chain..........that's off the chain man!

MonP; You realy attacked that buck, awsome sculb and I'm gonna get me some of those metallic paints, they realy make him pop!

Tyke; I had a sneak peak at yours and I must say I'm digging the straight legs more and more! You always come up with some great parts from toys I never heard of before let alone, seen on a motu custom!

Thanks for the love for Para-Trooper everyone
    My Para-Trooper does have a face, will get a pic up asap. The bombs are removable, just wish I could have made them "pop" out when the chestplate turns , now you have to wriggle them out.
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Crazy as expected...WOW!!! Great diversity, and amazing figures!
    Baxter Stockman has a new mutation and must be chained! Love it!
    Congratulations guys!

Great work everyone! Amazing use of parts!

Chris
    Is not not licking toads

They are all cool. So much Fun. But oh my.. How cool is that fright Fighter teela. And the para trooper. And of course the creepy baxter stockman. And the head of tykes fright Fighter Pilot.
    Great work

Widget
    All of them are great. But some look a little to detailed to have been included in the vintage line. They are just beyond what mattel was capable or willing to produce in the 80's. Awesome work guys.

Snappy Threader
    I like Tyke's the best. Coolness for a Sectaurs cross-over too....

Quote Originally Posted by Weapons Pack #1 View Post
    All of them are great. But some look a little to detailed to have been included in the vintage line. They are just beyond what mattel was capable or willing to produce in the 80's. Awesome work guys.
    I only partially agree on that. If you look at the vintage MOTU line, you see that towards the end they really invest in different/better figures. Saurod, Blade, Gwildor, Laser Power Skelly and He-Man... The line was expanding and they created unique figures with no re-used parts and more detailed than ever before. I'd like to think that if the line had continued back then we'd get some more complex figures as well.

That said, thanks everybody for all the compliments! Next up will be MONSTROID man

I always appreciate people taking time to look and (hopefully) post what they like (critiques are ALWAYS welcome! )

THANK YOU! These showcases are a lot of fun and are open to ANYONE who wants to make a vintage custom based on the showcases' vehicle/concept/etc.

See ALL of my customs (tons of He-Man, Transformers, JLU, TNBX, Flash Gordon, and more in one organized Gallery):
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery....php?cat=10006

ALL OF MY HEMAN CUSTOMS ARE HERE:
    http://dchallofjustice.com/CJgallery...s.php?album=18