Thread: Allepsatsac, POP custom

Allepsatsac, POP custom

Allepsatsac is Castaspella's evil cousin, who is dead set on taking Mystacor's throne. She occasionally works with the Evil Horde and Catra.

She is featured in the Golden Heroic Champions book “Too Long at the Fair”.
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=699

In this book, Castaspella is depicted based on the first prototype (=Filmation) design and Allepsatsac looks just like her, except her color scheme of yellow and blue is reversed. Even her name is just the reverse spelling of Castaspella name.

These are the only pictures showing Allepsatac, from Golden Heroic Champions book “Too Long at the Fair”.

Because Allepsatsac is Castaspella's cousin, not the evil twin, I’ve decided to make the figure looking a bit different than just reversed color scheme of a toy version of Castaspoella. So instead of yellow, I’ve used orange color from the toy and added blue in the same pattern as in Allepsatsac book appearance. I also changed Castaspella face paintjob by removing some part of that ugly makeup, narrowing the eyes, and changing the color of her eyes.

lol, I was reading and scrolling, scrolling. Where is the freaking custom..... then it hit!
    Awsome job, you two make it look so simple, and that's hard. I do miss that last center boob jewel though!
    Nope.... nothing here! Just a link to my site http://motumulder.webklik.nl/page/fotoalbum with customs!

Quote Originally Posted by motumulder View Post
    lol, I was reading and scrolling, scrolling. Where is the freaking custom..... then it hit!
    Awsome job, you two make it look so simple, and that's hard. I do miss that last center boob jewel though!
    Thanks man.... the boob jewel is there...strange how it turned dark on the photo... but trust me, I wouldn't left her without "center boob jewel"!

I've just checked...Castaspella figure which I used for this custom has brown jewel, and the one from my collection has yellow..that's why they turned different on the photos

Super cool! I was wondering if anyone would do this, but you plus-ed it majorly. How did sew the fabric of the skirt onto the (pre-existing) belt plastic?

Amazing job on the makeup too!

Heroic Warrior
    Cute. I've always liked the idea of Allepsatsac, but I think her name needs some extra characters. Allep'Satsac or Allep-Satac looks more appropriate.

You could take her one step further, and give her a different corset, or her own hair color/skin color. Maybe a classic Evil Lyn yellow. Its cool when these one off characters, turn into something great.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Super cool! I was wondering if anyone would do this, but you plus-ed it majorly. How did sew the fabric of the skirt onto the (pre-existing) belt plastic?

Amazing job on the makeup too!
    Thanks! It wasn't pre-existing belt, I always made completely new accessories for POP customs (from the same or almost the same materials as originals). It is sewed by using sewing machine.

Quote Originally Posted by BC Cherry View Post
    Cute. I've always liked the idea of Allepsatsac, but I think her name needs some extra characters. Allep'Satsac or Allep-Satac looks more appropriate.

You could take her one step further, and give her a different corset, or her own hair color/skin color. Maybe a classic Evil Lyn yellow. Its cool when these one off characters, turn into something great.
    Thank you. Well, that would be way to much of change, I still want her to look a bit like Castaspella as she was originally depicted. If I change all that she would be way to different.
    Last edited by Mantisaur82; September 7, 2013 at 10:18am.

Snappy Threader
    Love it. Great job.

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar
    Very nice!!!
    I love an all inclusive canon!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

She looks great!

I love how her face looks! The heavy make up on the vintage figure is less appealing than your version, great job!

And i totally miss her long boots on the MOTUC figure, i loved them on her vintage figure and seeing them in those colors on your version, totally makes me miss them even more!

Really great work you did for her!
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    She looks great!

I love how her face looks! The heavy make up on the vintage figure is less appealing than your version, great job!

And i totally miss her long boots on the MOTUC figure, i loved them on her vintage figure and seeing them in those colors on your version, totally makes me miss them even more!

Really great work you did for her!
    Thank you so much Niki!

I like her boots too, that's why I made my Allepsatsac from Castaspella varinat with naked legs, as showed on this photo, there are two different variants, with yellow legs above boots (which is the same as final prototype and cardback illustration, so that is standard figure) and there is variant with skin color legs (naked legs) which has painted boots.

image from: http://www.darah.com/she-ra/

So now when my Casta and Allepsa stand next to each other, they are different in this detail too.

Really nice custom! The new face repaint is gorgeous. Great job!
    I love He-Man.org!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adora View Post
    Really nice custom! The new face repaint is gorgeous. Great job!
    Thank you Adora

Heroic Warrior
    I've had little exposure to the POP Golden books so I had no idea this character existed. Great custom!!! A classics version of Allepsatsac would be interesting.