Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Halloween 2013 thread

So, last night was a double feature of Escape from New York (not really a Halloween movie) and Halloween 2 (definitely a Halloween movie!). I also stopped at the store and picked up some Cabury Scream Eggs and the Starburst Candy Corn, which I'll around to eating and reviewing. I also watched Axe Giant: The Wrath of Paul Bunyan and did a review of it. Check it out!

I'm so jealous of some of you who have worked at haunted houses or haunted trails! I actually did a one night volunteer haunting about 3 years ago for a place in SC right near the border between SC and NC. It was fun and I wish I had more time to do it!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Ive already started my 'Halloween' movie watching like I always do this time of year as well! Last night I watched the original Frankenstein, and The Bride of Frankenstein! Both great.. but the later is one of my all time favorites.

Cadbury Screme Eggs! I bought these over the weekend ate one last night to review. They taste just like regular Easter Cadbury Eggs but they have a green fondant center rather than yellow. Pretty delicious and just a little bit spooky.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Halloween is just a speed bump on the road to Christmas...

BUT since last year my friend had a costume party for his wife's birthday (a bit before halloween) and he is having one again, I find a bit more fun in the day. this year I'm planing on dressing up as Mahna Mahna

so that should be fun. still just a speed bump towards the big dance, but at least with this party i can participate again. haven't done so since i was a kid
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Cadbury Screme Eggs! I bought these over the weekend ate one last night to review. They taste just like regular Easter Cadbury Eggs but they have a green fondant center rather than yellow. Pretty delicious and just a little bit spooky.
    Oh wow! Somebody else who likes Cadbury Screme/Creme Eggs? I'll have to tell my wife she's not alone after all. She loves the things. I always joke with her that they only made one huge batch of these things in the 60's and they've just been selling that same batch to her all these years because she is the only person buying/eating them.

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Halloween is just a speed bump on the road to Christmas...
    Blasphemy!!!! You are banned from this Halloween thread!!!
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by mister_e View Post
    Oh wow! Somebody else who likes Cadbury Screme/Creme Eggs? I'll have to tell my wife she's not alone after all. She loves the things. I always joke with her that they only made one huge batch of these things in the 60's and they've just been selling that same batch to her all these years because she is the only person buying/eating them.
    Haha! That's what people usually say about candy corn. All the candy corn in the world was made in 1911 and it just gets collected and resold every year. Lewis Black has a whole bit on it.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Blasphemy!!!! You are banned from this Halloween thread!!!
    I SHOULD be!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Haha! That's what people usually say about candy corn. All the candy corn in the world was made in 1911 and it just gets collected and resold every year. Lewis Black has a whole bit on it.
    The original food to get this treatment was fruitcake I think. Not sure which comedian originated that one, but apparently there is only one fruitcake in the entire world that was made like a hundred years ago, and people keep regifting it to each other rather than eat such a horrible thing. And I also like Creme Eggs but I never knew there was a Halloween version.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; September 9, 2013 at 02:33pm.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Quote Originally Posted by Dave-Man View Post
    The original food to get this treatment was fruitcake I think. Not sure which comedian originated that one, but apparently there is only one fruitcake in the entire world that was made like a hundred years ago, and people keep regifting it to each other rather than eat such a horrible thing. And I also like Creme Eggs but I never knew there was a Halloween version.
    I generally LIKE fruitcake. here is a pic of he screme eggs

Last edited by krosfyah; September 9, 2013 at 03:32pm.

Fear is faith in failure

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I generally LIKE fruitcake. here is a pic of he screme eggs

http://www.candywarehouse.com/assets...-im-131257.jpg
    Actually, I like fruitcake too, but the joke implies that it is inedible. I would guess that the comedian who wrote the joke doesn't care for it. (I can assure you more than one fruitcake has been made because I have eaten more than one.) I don't get them too often these days because the wife is allergic to oranges, a prime ingredient. But there is really nothing wrong with them.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    I've started working on my cosplay project, I'm doing Chun Li this year I've done it before, but I was short on time and there's plenty of room for improvement
    You can't drop a bombshell like that f-ina and not expect a villain like me to ask for proof. The Vega in me waits for his prey!

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Yes, this thread definitely needs pictures of all costumes!

So, I just got around to reviewing the Starburst Candy Corn. Pretty interesting stuff. If you like pictures of candy, toys, and the two mixed together, check it out here.

The red candy corn makes great vampire fangs, by the way.

Edit* I also reviewed the Snickers Peanut Butter Pumpkin! Delicious: http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/09/...rs-peanut.html
    Last edited by Barbecue17; September 13, 2013 at 08:56am.

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    You can't drop a bombshell like that f-ina and not expect a villain like me to ask for proof. The Vega in me waits for his prey!
    Oh dear. What have I done? :P My costume's almost finished, I've just been too sick lately to be bothered. It's flu season again, and everyone at work's got it. I'll make it a point to post pictures just for you Benny

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by flutterina View Post
    I'll make it a point to post pictures just for you Benny
    Just for me, huh? Then a master Chun-Li cosplayer like you should be able to perform her upside down Bird Kick in costume with ease...

Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; September 24, 2013 at 09:57pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Just for me, huh? Then a master Chun-Li cosplayer should be able to perform her upside down Bird Kick for with ease...

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/ch...s-birdkick.gif
    I see your Chun-Li, and raise you what I did to someone in Chivalry. (Honestly these would be some bangin' Halloween cosplays)

The Deviot
    -------------------------
    "No matter how hot you think they are, Someone. Somewhere. Is tired of their crap."

-?

Damn people!! I can't wait to see some costumes.
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Just got around to eating my second box of Boo Berry cereal this year. It truly is delicious stuff!

Pictures of both boxes (the original and the modern variant) right here:
    http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/10/...ry-cereal.html

"We have a Ram-Man"

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar

Halloween Films Set During Halloween!

• The Addams Family
    • The Amityville Horror
    • Creepshow
    • Creepshow 2
    • Halloween
    • Halloween II
    • Halloween: 20 Years Later
    • Hellbent
    • Hocus Pocus
    • The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane
    • The Midnight Hour
    • The Monster Squad
    • Night of the Demons
    • Night of the Demons 2
    • Poltergeist
    • Trick or Treats
    • Trick or Treat
    • The Worst Witch

I was halfway through my Johnny Depp Tonto costume then my Father in Law dropped out as the Lone Ranger. So I think I'm going to return to my Jack Sparrow. I've put years into that costume and it's the best one I have. I also have a pretty good Batman and Aragorn costume.

In Phoenix, there's a few good parties but nothing beats downtown San Diego. All of gaslamp in costume is a sight to behold.

As for movies, my wife hates horror so we usually come up with something sorta halloweeny but not. Last year we watched Little Shop of Horrors and Ghostbusters 2. Plus the Alice Cooper muppets episode.

I'd welcome any suggestions for fun but not scary halloween movies this year!

I always think Creepshow and Trick R Treat tend to be popular Halloween films for people who don't like horror movies. They can be a little spooky, but are more fun than anything!

If you gotta go really non scary, though, go with Mad Monster Party, That Old Dark House, and maybe even Something Wicked This Way Comes.

If anyone's interested, I wrote a review of Jones Soda's Night of Red Licorice Soda! If you could imagine Red Vines turned into a beverage, this is it. http://www.thepicreview.com/2013/10/...-night-of.html

"We have a Ram-Man"

Widget
    I am going as He-Man for halloween! Does anyone know where I can find an accurate sword shield?? Plastic preferably! Looked everywhere!! And nothing!

I am just getting started on a Metroplex costume. Not sure how it will turn out. It will not be very detailed, but it should get the point across.

"My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

In the spirit of the season I watched the first half of Curse of Chucky. Child's Play was big in the late 80's so I thought I'd give it a try. It did not disappoint.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…