Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: DC's "Forever Evil" Event

  1. #1
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    1,851

    DC's "Forever Evil" Event

    So anyone else started following the "Forever Evil" story arc that started this week? Trinity War was kind of boring to me, but I love what it led up to. The introduction of the Crime Syndicate has been pretty cool so far, and I love how this sets things up. Villains vs villains.

    I do hope we get some more background on the Syndicate to understand they they differ from the Earth Prime counter parts. Maybe an origins story for each of them would be kinda cool.

    What do you think of it so far?
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

  2. #2
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,518
    I don't like it.

    I'm just really tired of the relentlessly grim new 52. The whole thing feels like someone said, let's go back to when comics sold really well in the 90s, copy what they did - but make it even darker and more x-treme!

  3. #3
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,799
    I have always been a sucker for villains winning or taking over so I will read the issues, Especially alt. reality villains.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  4. #4
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,639
    It feels as though I missed something. I know Superman was sick and Cyborg was separated from his cybernetic parts, but how did the heroes get their asses kicked?

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

  5. #5
    Grammer Flunky Shredder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    wyckoff, nj
    Posts
    4,207
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I don't like it.

    I'm just really tired of the relentlessly grim new 52. The whole thing feels like someone said, let's go back to when comics sold really well in the 90s, copy what they did - but make it even darker and more x-treme!
    my thought on why I didn't like flashpoint. Anyone can write violence. Once you see the first hero die, the shock value wears off... ho hum, at the end, everyone is dead and time travel un does it all... yawn...

    whatever happened to just fun stand alone adventures?
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

    Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

  6. #6
    Heroic Warrior Pollex Christi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    101
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post

    whatever happened to just fun stand alone adventures?
    I agree. I hate cross-overs. I just want to read my Justice League Dark series and instead of dark magic fantasy, I get costumed super heroes and a story I have no interest in investing in, through time or money.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

  7. #7
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    my thought on why I didn't like flashpoint. Anyone can write violence. Once you see the first hero die, the shock value wears off... ho hum, at the end, everyone is dead and time travel un does it all... yawn...

    whatever happened to just fun stand alone adventures?
    I miss the Jim Shooter days at Marvel. The best comic book era ever - with so many books that still read very strong today (and hold up much better than most things from the 90s and 00s).

  8. #8
    Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills, MD
    Posts
    1,851
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It feels as though I missed something. I know Superman was sick and Cyborg was separated from his cybernetic parts, but how did the heroes get their asses kicked?
    Their leaving that open. We don't know exactly what happened to the Justice League, except they are nowhere to be found.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid, and Despara!

  9. #9
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    2,816
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I miss the Jim Shooter days at Marvel. The best comic book era ever - with so many books that still read very strong today (and hold up much better than most things from the 90s and 00s).
    This!

    I just got done reading a bunch from that era and I loved them. Much more fun then modern stuff.

  10. #10
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,518
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    This!

    I just got done reading a bunch from that era and I loved them. Much more fun then modern stuff.
    Shooter's era (1978-1987) is absolutely unprecedented for the amount of great comics:

    -Claremont & Byrne's X-Men
    -Claremont & Smith's X-Men
    -Frank Miller's Daredevil
    -Byrne's FF
    -Simonson's Thor
    -Stern & Byrne's Captain America
    -Stern's Avengers
    -Stern's Spectacular/Amazing Spider-Man
    -DeFalco's first ASM run
    -Micheline/Layton/Romita Jr on Iron Man
    -Sienkiewicz on Moon Knight and New Mutants
    -The creation of Epic

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •