Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sectaurs.com is now LIVE!!!

Tallstar - Hey, thanks for checking out my thread! Sectaurs was supposed to have a female warrior, Stellara, in the 2nd series that would have gone great in your POP collection!

Vanquest - Ciao! (I always wanted to type that.) I tell you what, my favorite packaging variant for the rider/steeds from Sectaurs were distributed by GiG in Italy and Spain. The graphics are much brighter and the addition of the explosion graphic to the inner packaging made the already incredible toys seem to pop right out of the packaging. Awesome! I'll defiantly come post over at your forums, thanks for the invitation. One of my goals for Sectaurs.com is to reach an international audience. There are so many international variants to this line I'd love for fans to be able to trade with eachother. As for a DVD release of the cartoon. I know that Cartoon Network owns the broadcast rights to all Ruby & Spears cartoons, but I heard a rumor that we may see the Sectaurs 'toon on the Hasbro channel after it premieres next year. So we may get an official DVD in the next couple of years. I've owned 4 different bootlegs and their all copied from the same original source. Mediocre to poor quality, depending on the episode.

Agent - I have a "relationship" with the Sectaurs copyright holders, but no toy company has approached me about a relaunch. (Yet) But I'm ready when they are!

There was an entire 2nd series designed and prototyped for '86, but they never saw general release. However, I own prototypes of 8 of the 13 unreleased toys from series 2. I'd post pictures here, but that gives you more of a reason to check out Sectaurs.com when it launches, now doesn't it?
    Last edited by Toygiant; November 23, 2009 at 03:38am.

Cat dead, details later Sorceress's Avatar
    Wow on the statue. There are some really talented people out there.

Wow on the statue. There are some really talented people out there.
    Last edited by Sorceress; November 23, 2009 at 03:22am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Rob Kerr- 1979-2006. I will always love you.

DISCLAIMER: The above post is not meant to offend, if you feel insulted by it then use the pm button to discuss it with me.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/839006124/nevermore-0?ref=live

Sorceress - Thanks for checking out my work. Hey I noticed you're in Austrailia. This may be a long shot but Sectaurs was distributed by Toltoys/Kenner down there. If you ever happen to run across Toltoys merchandise/dealer catalogs from '85 or '86 with Sectaurs in them, I'd pay you a bounty or gladly make a trade with you. I have thousands of toys and collectibles.

Agent - I have a "relationship" with the Sectaurs copyright holders, but no toy company has approached me about a relaunch. (Yet) But I'm ready when they are!
    Would love to see the Four Horsemen take on this project!

There was an entire 2nd series designed and prototyped for '86, but they never saw general release. However, I own prototypes of 8 of the 13unreleased toys from series 2. I'd post pictures here, but that gives you more of a reason to check out Sectaurs.com when it launches, now doesn't it?
    How did you managed to get those prototypes? Anyways, lets get sectaurs.com up and running so we can join what I believe to be one of the most compelling story toy line ever of the 80s.
    Accept the unacceptable.

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.
    Hi. We haven't corresponded in a very long time. You may have remembered me awhile ago when I was posting as Devastator001 (Robert Otto) in the forum board on action figure archives site. I wondered if you had the chance to check out some of the customs I posted on the site? They are still posted on the site. I had quite a bit of the work done, but not at the calibur of the statue you have done. Anyways, I do have something of interest. I purchased a blueprint of the accessories planned for the unproduced figure "Slime". The blueprint have some water damage, but it is a terrific piece. I can't wait to see your site when it's up and running.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    Would love to see the Four Horsemen take on this project!

How did you managed to get those prototypes?
    The Horsemen are my heroes. They were very gracious when they critiqued my Dargon figure and gave me a lot of tips on what I could/should have done differently. Although I'd love to see them re-do every toy line, they're very busy guys and I think I know of another studio who should get a shot at it.

I was in the right place at the right time. I've been actively doing research on Sectaurs for 6 years and was a major contributor at Sectaurs.org before it shut down. The old owner of the prototypes posted images of them on the old site and litterally I signed on like 30 seconds after he posted them. I immediately contacted him and by the next day we had a deal worked out. He's a really nice guy, we're still friends after all these years.

Quote Originally Posted by sssqueezeme View Post
    Hi. We haven't corresponded in a very long time. You may have remembered me awhile ago when I was posting as Devastator001 (Robert Otto) in the forum board on action figure archives site. I wondered if you had the chance to check out some of the customs I posted on the site? They are still posted on the site. I had quite a bit of the work done, but not at the calibur of the statue you have done. Anyways, I do have something of interest. I purchased a blueprint of the accessories planned for the unproduced figure "Slime". The blueprint have some water damage, but it is a terrific piece. I can't wait to see your site when it's up and running.
    Hey Robert, it's been a long time!

I just jumped over to A-F.ca and took a look at your gallery. You sent me images of most of those but I hadn't seen your Gnatseye & Jumpyr, Wing Warrior, or your Dargon re-deco. The Gnatseye & Jumpyr blew me away! I have a piece of Dargon concept art that I bought off of eBay a few years back that shows his original color scheme and it's really close to your re-deco. Was that on purpose or just a coinsidence?

Send me an image of your blueprint. I have a blueprint of weapons for Slime too but I want to see if they're the same or different. You can send it to my old email address if you still have it or shoot it over to KingofSymbion@gmail.com. And if you have any updated custom figure pics I'd love to get copies of those too.

Glad to see you're still pluging away on your customs. Your Devora is one of my faves!
    Last edited by Toygiant; November 24, 2009 at 02:17am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Hey Robert, it's been a long time!

I just jumped over to A-F.ca and took a look at your gallery. You sent me images of most of those but I hadn't seen your Gnatseye & Jumpyr, Wing Warrior, or your Dargon re-deco. The Gnatseye & Jumpyr blew me away! I have a piece of Dargon concept art that I bought off of eBay a few years back that shows his original color scheme and it's really close to your re-deco. Was that on purpose or just a coinsidence?

Send me an image of your blueprint. I have a blueprint of weapons for Slime too but I want to see if they're the same or different. You can send it to my old email address if you still have it or shoot it over to KingofSymbion@gmail.com. And if you have any updated custom figure pics I'd love to get copies of those too.

Glad to see you're still pluging away on your customs. Your Devora is one of my faves!
    Hi. I will have the pic e-mailed to you. Thank you for the feedback on the custom figure work I did. Empress Devora was my first figure I have done. I was pretty surprised how she turned out. The redeco I did with Dargon was a coincidence. I didn't know the original concept looked nearly like the customized figure. Feel free to utilize any images I posted on action figure archives site for your website. I haven't done any further custom in over a year and a half, been busy working to describe new species of beetles found in Hawaii.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

Hey Robert. I received your email with the blueprint. And amazingly I don't own this one. I'm pretty sure we bought them from the same eBay seller. I bought over 30 pieces of 'prints and concept art from him and I think I know how this one slipped under my radar (it's messy & complicated. If you read his feedback on eBay, you'll get an idea.). But thanks none the less. It'll be a nice addition to the already brimming pre-production section of Sectaurs.com.

Vanquest - Ciao! (I always wanted to type that.) I tell you what, my favorite packaging variant for the rider/steeds from Sectaurs were distributed by GiG in Italy and Spain.
    Man,

I have a big revelation for you - some kinky toy company in Naples (my city) also "ripped off" Dargon and made him a "prince" riding a robot! I'm not joking... they also did a commercial for this. I just don't remember the new name they invented for him... give me some time.

I know that Cartoon Network owns the broadcast rights to all Ruby & Spears cartoons, but I heard a rumor that we may see the Sectaurs 'toon on the Hasbro channel after it premieres next year. So we may get an official DVD in the next couple of years.
    Do you know if the PRESERVED the original master source prints for the five episode in the best way possible, and who does own official images/pics negatives and original plaster casters for the toys? Did they store everything in some archives?

Man, I'm waiting for your ultra-cool site to join, I'm ready to become the very first member of your forum...
    SECTAURS rule.
    Last edited by Vanquest; November 26, 2009 at 09:58am.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    Man,

I have a big revelation for you - some kinky toy company in Naples (my city) also "ripped off" Dargon and made him a "prince" riding a robot! I'm not joking... they also did a commercial for this. I just don't remember the new name they invented for him... give me some time.
    Yeah, Guardian Patrol and Guardian Rider! I just got one of the figures off of eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

I'm not sure if they acquired the molds legally or if this is in fact a bootleg/rip-off. If the compnay is still around and you can get in contact with them about it, that would be awesome!

Do you know if the PRESERVED the original master source prints for the five episode in the best way possible, and who does own official images/pics negatives and original plaster casters for the toys? Did they store everything in some archives?
    The way I understand it is that Cartoon Network has some kind "master" for every Ruby & Spears show and they were actually scheduled to play the first episode back in like '04, but played an episode of GI Joe instead. Then they were scheduled to play the entire series on Boomerang late on a sunday in '05 but for whatever reason it didn't happen.

As for the toys, when Coleco collapsed in '88 - '89 it was really just an "abandon ship" type situation. Employees were grabbing stuff and running. I got mine from a guy whose wife was an illustrator there (she did the packaging art for many of the last run and valuable Rambo figures), on her way out the door on her last day she had her original illustrations in one hand and noticed a box full of toys & art (Sectaurs, Rambo, Starcom) next to the door like they were going to be thrown away. So the box ended up in her other hand and the rest is history. I got 7 Sectaurs toy prototypes and 1 packaging prototype from them.

Hasbro aquired many of Coleco's assets in '89 but Sectaurs was not one of them. Sectaurs is owned by 7 Towns Ltd. of London. They are a product development & licensing agency who also owns Rubik's. And they don't have anything archived for Sectaurs. Unless someone else comes forward, I'm pretty sure I have the largest archive of Sectaurs items, pre-production, production, or otherwise on the planet. But I'm not bragging.

Man, I'm waiting for your ultra-cool site to join, I'm ready to become the very first member of your forum...
    SECTAURS rule.
    I'm glad you're excited. I'll make a note that Vanquest must be the first member signed up!

Yeah, Guardian Patrol and Guardian Rider! I just got one of the figures off of eBay!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    No man, it's not that! That looks like a cross bewteen Dargon and He-Man!

It's not that! It was Dargon 90% on a giant robot. Must find it.

The way I understand it is that Cartoon Network has some kind "master" for every Ruby & Spears show and they were actually scheduled to play the first episode back in like '04, but played an episode of GI Joe instead.
    What about the picture quality of their "masters"? Where did they take the "masters" in the very first place?
    Last edited by Vanquest; November 27, 2009 at 06:39am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

A big fan of Slush Head
    Wow looks like you guys have a lot of info about Sectaurs. I didn't even know there was so much out there.
    I can't wait to visit your site!
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I've owned 4 different bootlegs and their all copied from the same original source. Mediocre to poor quality, depending on the episode.
    I got a DVD from a guy that claimed it was the best quality available, but it was pretty poor. The couple of episodes put out on youtube by somebody appear to be of better quality. Unfortunately, I think Sectaurs is probably not popular enough to ever get an official DVD release. Hopefully, it happens, though.

No man, it's not that! That looks like a cross bewteen Dargon and He-Man!

It's not that! It was Dargon 90% on a giant robot. Must find it.
    It's not one of these huh? http://www.virtualtoychest.com/guardians/guardians.html

Ok, now I'm very interested to see these! Do you own some?

What about the picture quality of their "masters"? Where did they take the "masters" in the very first place?
    I really don't know anything about the "masters" that Cartoon Network owns. They've never revealed any details except that they have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I got a DVD from a guy that claimed it was the best quality available, but it was pretty poor. The couple of episodes put out on youtube by somebody appear to be of better quality. Unfortunately, I think Sectaurs is probably not popular enough to ever get an official DVD release. Hopefully, it happens, though.
    I came across someone on a forum a while back (sometime last year) who said they just discovered a box of video tapes at their parents house and that the entire Sectaurs cartoon, in pretty clear condition, with all 12 episodes of the toy commercials was on one of them. I meant to get back to this person and have since lost the link and been unable to find that forum again. I have a buddy who works as a video editor and I was going to slide a copy of that over to him for DVD transfer. But until I find that forum again, we get what we got.

It's a shame that in this day and age where DVD production costs just pennies on the dollar we can't get more cult cartoons/shows on disc. The Visionaries cartoon was a huge seller over in the UK but we'll probably never see it here in the States.

Ruby & Spears should just do a box set that would include Thundarr, Centurions, and Sectaurs. Then do another that has Mr-T, Rambo, and Chuck Norris. I'd buy both of those in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by Toygiant; November 27, 2009 at 02:39pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

It's not one of these huh? http://www.virtualtoychest.com/guardians/guardians.html

Ok, now I'm very interested to see these! Do you own some?
    Yeah, the last model, but the head was Dargon 100% and it was called "Prince Something", I just can't remember!

Yeah, Visionaires was a huge seller in UK, too bad they will not release it in America.

I'm wondering who owns the 12 commercials master tapes...

HA! Just found the forum with the video tape claim.

PM'd the guy and just waiting to hear back now.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Update: I haven't heard back from the guy yet but another poster in the same forum claimed that there was at least 15 episodes shown in Brazil. Sectaurs was arguably more popular in Brazil than anywhere else in the world and there are quite a few Brazilian exclusive Sectaurs items (no toys to my knowledge though). That coupled with the fact that some Sectaurs animation art I own didn't appear in the 5 episodes I've seen. So this is somewhat credible, but I'll be doing more research on this.
    Last edited by Toygiant; November 28, 2009 at 04:02am.

Toygiant,

You're now the KEEPER of the Sectaurs legacy, so do your best and PRESERVE all your Sectaurs stuff in the best way possible. I trust you.

Thank God, my other fave cartoon, 'Visionaries', has been preserved in an excellent way by Hasbro/Sunbow.

Other than that, you should approach a private DVD company or someone at Cartoon Network (which owns the rights) with a project about an awesome DVD release. It's just 5 episodes!

Good luck with launching your site Toygiant. If the info for both that tape and those "additional episodes" is genuine all the better for you and us as fans. I'm looking forward to seeing what's in store. Maybe I'll see about doing some fan art if I have/make the time for it.

What's the expected completion date for Sectaurs.com?
    Accept the unacceptable.

Can't wait to see the site! The figure you did is really amazing. Sectaurs is one of those lines that I never managed to get any figures from and was always sad I didn't. They have some really great designs and the riding beasts "puppets" were such a great idea with a ton of playability. I remember when I was younger, I found one of the mini-comics on a ferry boat and read it over and over.

Other than that, you should approach a private DVD company or someone at Cartoon Network (which owns the rights) with a project about an awesome DVD release. It's just 5 episodes!
    This is something I've thought about doing, but never really had the time to follow up on. Besides, I'm pretty sure Hasbro has a lock on this series (and many, many others) to show on their new channel. So I think at this point I wouldn't be able to get a license for a DVD release anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by getterprime View Post
    Maybe I'll see about doing some fan art if I have/make the time for it.
    Hey getter'! Yeah, send over your art! I want to stuff the Sectaurs.com fan art section with peoples work. Being an artist myself I love being inspired by others talent.

Shoot it this way when you have something ready: KingofSymbion@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    What's the expected completion date for Sectaurs.com?
    It's looking likely launch will be January 15th. But, again, that's tentative. I was hoping for january 1st but I have a beautiful little girl with special needs and we're in the middle of transitioning some of her care needs and the rest of life has been put to the back burner until that's taken care of. And we have to reach our content goal for the site and run a beta before launch. Right now, I'm taking & editing pictures like a madman when I have a free minute. It's funny how small a collection seems when you have a good portion of it in boxes and binders. My Sectaurs toy collection is always on display, and some of my art is on the walls thorughout the house, but a good part of the rest is in storage.

Ok, I'm just rambling now.
    Last edited by Toygiant; December 2, 2009 at 04:34am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Can't wait to see the site! The figure you did is really amazing. Sectaurs is one of those lines that I never managed to get any figures from and was always sad I didn't. They have some really great designs and the riding beasts "puppets" were such a great idea with a ton of playability. I remember when I was younger, I found one of the mini-comics on a ferry boat and read it over and over.
    Thanks for the compliment Jon, I'm pretty fond of ol' big D myself.

Part of the apeal for me is the design work behind Sectaurs. For some reason a lot of figures over 4 inches back in the 80s had less articulation than smaller figures and Sectaurs had the first ball & socket articulation points that became pretty common over the following 2 decades. More on this subject will follow on the site.

Ok, your ferry boat story blew my mind. I had the exact same experience when I was a kid. We took a ferry across Puget Sound to visit my grandma and I found a Sectaurs mini on the floor of the commisary. My mom made me take it to the cashier in case someone came looking for it. On the ride back the same cashier was still working and I asked if anyone claimed the comic. She said no and gave it back to me. It was the Waspax and Winged one. If you found the same comic I'll be convinced that Coleco had some crazy ferry boat backed marketing plan for Sectaurs.

Part of the apeal for me is the design work behind Sectaurs. For some reason a lot of figures over 4 inches back in the 80s had less articulation than smaller figures and Sectaurs had the first ball & socket articulation points that became pretty common over the following 2 decades.
    Even better if Coleco put the ball joints on the elbows. I think this would have put lots of 80s over 4" figures to shame. Though I wonder why no ball joints on the elbows to allow greater articulations.
    Accept the unacceptable.

It was the Waspax and Winged one. If you found the same comic I'll be convinced that Coleco had some crazy ferry boat backed marketing plan for Sectaurs.
    LOL - that would be an interesting marketing campaign to be sure. I don't remember the mini-comic that well... the cover had the good guys and bad guys lined up on either side coming towards each other. I don't know which one that is though.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Your Dargon figure design is amazing!! I would love to have a new figure of him that looked like that!

I'm getting really excited about the launch of the site!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos: