Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 142

Thread: Sectaurs.com is now LIVE!!!

  1. #51
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Hey, I just wanted to thank everyone who has contributed to this thread so far. I posted feelers for Sectaurs.com on a number of forums and have received virtually no interest except for on here and FanEx (www.FantasticExclusive.com). I was pretty selective where I posted because of fan traffic, past Sectaurs discussions I'd had with members, and reading through Sectaurs related threads I hadn't been a part of (I didn't know those even exsisted). But the enthusiasm shown here has been completely unmatched. Proving again that He-Man.org really does have the best fanbase of any action figure collecting community.

    Hey Vanquest. This arrived in my mail today! I had no idea they were so oversized.

    Last edited by Toygiant; December 3, 2009 at 05:07am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  2. #52
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,879
    Is that a knock-off?! That's freakin awesome!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  3. #53
    Heroic Warrior Agent-GHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    241
    From the looks of its materials, decal belt, and over sized fist its clearly a knock-off!
    Accept the unacceptable.

  4. #54
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Is that a knock-off?! That's freakin awesome!
    Well, more or less it's a knock off. It's from a little Italian toy company and they called him Guardian Patrol (there's also Guardian Rider). From what I understand, this figure was made around 1987, from an established toy company and not just some factory in China. So since Sectaurs was long gone (and Coleco on the way out) it's hard to call this a knock-off, but it's defiantly a rip-off.

    If you notice his head is a re-tooled 80s He-man head. He has the same hair-do that goes in 2 different directions. But they made a pretty feeble attempt to make his face look a little more like Dargon.

    He's like Dargon and He-Man's love-child.

    Ewwww.

    BTW Dan, here's a link about GP & GR!

    http://www.virtualtoychest.com/guardians/guardians.html
    Last edited by Toygiant; December 3, 2009 at 11:03pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  5. #55
    Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Springfield, IL
    Posts
    4,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Well, more or less it's a knock off. It's from a little Italian toy company and they called him Guardian Patrol (there's also Guardian Rider). From what I understand, this figure was made around 1987, from an established toy company and not just some factory in China. So since Sectaurs was long gone (and Coleco on the way out) it's hard to call this a knock-off, but it's defiantly a rip-off.

    If you notice his head is a re-tooled 80s He-man head. He has the same hair-do that goes in 2 different directions. But they made a pretty feeble attempt to make his face look a little more like Dargon.

    He's like Dargon and He-Man's love-child.

    Ewwww.

    BTW Dan, here's a link about GP & GR!

    http://www.virtualtoychest.com/guardians/guardians.html

    And now I want some!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

  6. #56
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    i LOVED sectaurs....i need to get me some.

    i just had a few of the smaller sets and the hive when i was little.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  7. #57
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Quick update guys.

    The official launch date for Sectaurs.com has changed and will be February 11th. This date is the drop dead launch date and it holds a certain significance for Sectaurs that will be revealed on launch day.

    Also, we're still looking for writers for character, location, and terminology copy. This is the area where we are the most overwhelmed. Currently, the staff is concentrating on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, merchandise sections, and more than a handful of surprises (a couple of them are going to rock even those who don't care at all about Sectaurs). So if you're interested and want credit for your writing prowes, email me at KingofSymbion@gmail.com.

    Thanks!

  8. #58
    Heroic Warrior Agent-GHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    241
    Feb 11th seems like miles away but after the recovery of New Year's partying, I'm sure it will be closer...
    Accept the unacceptable.

  9. #59
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    After Thundercats, RoboForce, and Filmation's Ghostbusters, Sectaurs are the 1980's toyline I'd want to see relaunched the most. Unlike MOTU, where I had every single toy for the first few years, I liked Sectaurs as a kid but only had 2 of the toys. I remember being jealous of a friend in grade school who got every single toy(including the Hyve) for Christmas. Good luck on the site! I can't wait to check it out!
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  10. #60
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Quick update guys.

    The official launch date for Sectaurs.com has changed and will be February 11th. This date is the drop dead launch date and it holds a certain significance for Sectaurs that will be revealed on launch day.

    Also, we're still looking for writers for character, location, and terminology copy. This is the area where we are the most overwhelmed. Currently, the staff is concentrating on a lot of the behind the scenes stuff, merchandise sections, and more than a handful of surprises (a couple of them are going to rock even those who don't care at all about Sectaurs). So if you're interested and want credit for your writing prowes, email me at KingofSymbion@gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    perhaps new media or toys? feb 11th doesnt seem like when sectaurs debuted so i am guessing new toys/media!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  11. #61
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    I guess you'll have to wait and see.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    After ...... RoboForce ..... Sectaurs are the 1980's toyline I'd want to see relaunched the most.
    Oooo, Robo Force! Here's another really great underappreciated line. Great, creative re-use of a very basic design principle for that line. Amazing vehicle and playset design too.

    I'm actually using the Robo Force playset as part of an expanded Sectaurs Hyve playset I'm building. I got inspired by the "tiny city inside a dome" the RF set has. You can see the same sort of thing in the live action cuts of the ancients in old Sectaurs commercials. I was struck by inspiration when I found a hammered RF playset. Someday I'll get it finished up.
    Last edited by Toygiant; December 11, 2009 at 11:40am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  12. #62
    Widget
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1
    I can't believe there's not one good copy of the series. I have all 5 episodes on dvd but the quality is not that great ...

  13. #63
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Hey Willy, welcome to the fray!

    Yeah, unfortunatly we're stuck with the awful bootleg DVDs, for now. I tried to burn one for a buddy about a week ago and it's actually copy protected! What kind of a scumbag copy protects a bootleg?

    Once the site launches maybe we'll get a little petition going for a DVD release.

  14. #64
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Hey Willy, welcome to the fray!

    Yeah, unfortunatly we're stuck with the awful bootleg DVDs, for now. I tried to burn one for a buddy about a week ago and it's actually copy protected! What kind of a scumbag copy protects a bootleg?

    Once the site launches maybe we'll get a little petition going for a DVD release.
    BWAHAHA now THIS is funny. a bootlegger not wanting pirated copies.

    ahhh the delicious irony
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  15. #65
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    BWAHAHA now THIS is funny. a bootlegger not wanting pirated copies.

    ahhh the delicious irony
    Yeah, isn't tht rich?

    I think I know who duped this particular version of the DVD. He's known to have done some shady stuff to Sectaurs fans in other ways in the past. I know it sounds cryptic but I can't get into specifics in a public forum. But if he's reading this.......he knows who he is.

  16. #66
    Heroic Warrior Hobby One Kenobi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Methuen, MA
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by willysteel1 View Post
    I can't believe there's not one good copy of the series. I have all 5 episodes on dvd but the quality is not that great ...
    Check ioffer.com thats where I got my set and it's a solid copy at an 8.5 in terms of sound & picture quality.
    www.ioffer.com

    Home of many hard to find classic 80's toons, even though they might be bootlegs.

  17. #67
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobby One Kenobi View Post
    Check ioffer.com thats where I got my set and it's a solid copy at an 8.5 in terms of sound & picture quality.
    Which version? There are 3 on I-offer right now and only one I haven't owned.

  18. #68
    GWILDOR 2012 MANGLORD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    swamp near palace 2
    Posts
    527
    man, Sectaurs are still the best. i loved this line, they were and are my favorite vintage toy line. nice guardian patrol score. i had them(thanks grandma). i've been looking for a long time to find them again but the the only son ai stuff that turns up for me are are the animatronic plushies and the corded remote controlled jets. i currently have the on the run sectaurs disk, it's decent has bumbers and a toy ad. their was some killer norem art for auction not to long ago, sadly i didn't get any of it. can't wait to see the site.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

  19. #69
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    As my signature shows, Sectaurs.com is now delayed from it's February 11th launch date.

    The site simply didn't pass it's beta test and we're working to get all the "bugs" (heh) worked out.

    I'm irritated because the 11th is the 25th anniversay of Sectaurs making their first appearance at toy fair. No other mystery or surprise attached to the date, I just wanted to make the site a celebration. I'm really disapointed we couldn't get this thing together in time for that.

    Thanks again to everyone for their support and contributions. I'll update when there's something to report.

    BTW, Manglord, lovin' the avatar!
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

  20. #70
    Heroic Warrior Professor Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    105
    Well that's a shame. But that's the way it goes with some projects.
    I have faith you and your crew will get it ironed out.

    In advance, thanks for the hard work.
    "I will not rest until the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and Decepticons rule!"
    Clench: Decepticon Syndicate Director

    Demonicfirefly: Is a pleasure to do business with.

  21. #71
    Heroic Warrior Agent-GHQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    241
    Ahhh..... Its not the end of world either. Keep on it TG!
    Accept the unacceptable.

  22. #72
    Eternian Arashikage King Kahn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    nashville, tn
    Posts
    5,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    As my signature shows, Sectaurs.com is now delayed from it's February 11th launch date.

    The site simply didn't pass it's beta test and we're working to get all the "bugs" (heh) worked out.

    I'm irritated because the 11th is the 25th anniversay of Sectaurs making their first appearance at toy fair. No other mystery or surprise attached to the date, I just wanted to make the site a celebration. I'm really disapointed we couldn't get this thing together in time for that.

    Thanks again to everyone for their support and contributions. I'll update when there's something to report.

    BTW, Manglord, lovin' the avatar!
    how DARE you make us wait for our new Sectaur site!!!! get back to work web monkey!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

  23. #73
    Heroic Warrior Professor Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    105
    >>Poke poke.

    Any news?
    "I will not rest until the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and Decepticons rule!"
    Clench: Decepticon Syndicate Director

    Demonicfirefly: Is a pleasure to do business with.

  24. #74
    King of Symbion Toygiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    558
    We're working hard to get this going. I just went over/approved some changes with my web-partner monday and it's looking really sharp. We're hoping we'll have 'er ready in a few weeks.

    Sorry again for they delay guys. No one is taking it harder than me. And thanks for all the support and encouragement, it's gonna be a great year to be a Sectaurs fan!
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

  25. #75
    Heroic Warrior Professor Dire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    105
    The latest Toyfare had an article that featured Sectaurs heavily.
    It mainly focused on the "Puppet" aspect but showed some very
    old concept drawings. I figured I'd post a heads up.
    "I will not rest until the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and Decepticons rule!"
    Clench: Decepticon Syndicate Director

    Demonicfirefly: Is a pleasure to do business with.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •