Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sectaurs.com is now LIVE!!!

yeah i read that article but it still wasnt all that great.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Just thought I'd poke here and see if this was closer to completion?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

We're working on getting this up and running, there is no doubt about that. We've hit some snags but rest assured it's still on it's way. The staff actually had a pretty big Sectaurs related opportunity dropped into our laps and have been tirelessly working on that for a few weeks now.

More details on that in the very near future. This website thing hasn't quite worked out how we planned, but in some ways it's worked out for the better.

More soon, I promise.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

I am looking forward to your Sectaurs page very much. And I love your SECTAURS figure. Awesome work.
    Wanna see whales in giant mechsuits protect mankind against evil aliens?
    Check out: http://mechawhales.com/

Collectible figures available from: http://www.deepfriedfigures.com/

My 3D printed action figures: http://www.hauke-scheer.de/

ToyGiant,

I had a magnificent idea. Have you seen what the webmaster of the 'SPIRAL ZONE' website did?

http://spiral-zone.com/tonka/dvd.htm

He made a DVD edition of the cartoon, by an elaborate process of scanning and using the original videotapes provided by the producer... why don't you do something similar for the only 5 Sectaurs episodes?
    Last edited by Vanquest; July 11, 2010 at 11:11am.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by hauke View Post
    And I love your SECTAURS figure. Awesome work.
    Thank you! If I had more time I'd be able to finish the Spidrax I started.

But, then again, if I had more time the website would be up wouldn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    ToyGiant,

I had a magnificent idea. Have you seen what the webmaster of the 'SPIRAL ZONE' website did?

He made a DVD edition of the cartoon, by an elaborate process of scanning and using the original videotapes provided by the producer... why don't you do something similar for the only 5 Sectaurs episodes?
    This is something I thought of but 1) there just aren't any decent copies of episode 5 out there to really do it justice (that I've found. And trust me, I've been looking for years). And 2) when a big company like Hasbro is involved, I really don't want to step on their gigantic toes, legally speaking. Besides, I'd much rather work with them to get an official release of the 'toon.

BTW, Spiral Zone was an amazing show and toy line!

One more thing; the big thing that fell into the laps of the Sectaurs.com staff last month was a cache of over 150 pre-production Sectaurs items including 30 prototype toys. Between us we now have about 2 1/2 sets of series 2 toys. We are chomping a the bit to get the site up to showcase these unbelievable items.
    Last edited by Toygiant; July 11, 2010 at 11:37am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post

One more thing; the big thing that fell into the laps of the Sectaurs.com staff last month was a cache of over 150 pre-production Sectaurs items including 30 prototype toys. Between us we now have about 2 1/2 sets of series 2 toys. We are chomping a the bit to get the site up to showcase these unbelievable items.

VERY NICE!!!!! i am completely jealous!!!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    I loved Sectaurs and so wanted the hype playset growing up. I saw one on ebay a while back but with limited space with all my many other toy focuses, I just couldn't pull the trigger. I'd very much welcome a return of this toy line and would purchase the entire run and if there is an opportunity to do retro style package, then all the better. I cannot wait to see and explore the new site. Sectaurs is one of the last few remaining 80's toy franchises that needs a revisit before it's too late. Best regards with the new website.

I hope you folks haven't given up?
    Anything worth sharing?
    "I will not rest until the last Autobot is crushed to nothing and Decepticons rule!"
    Clench: Decepticon Syndicate Director

Demonicfirefly: Is a pleasure to do business with.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Alright!!! Sectaurs is my number favorite toy. MOTU is second. I have the marvel comics of Sectaurs. When I was a kid I had every figure & even the play set.
    I would love to have 20xx updated adult collectible figures of Sectaurs. I'd support having Thunder Cats 20xx figures too.
    Last edited by kylun flac; November 9, 2010 at 09:23pm.

Just wanted to chime in and express my interest and support.

Any idea of when the site will be ready to launch?

If anyone is interested in seeing the cartoon officially on DVD, I suggest tweeting WarnerArchive and telling them that you want it.

Quote Originally Posted by Croaker View Post
    Just wanted to chime in and express my interest and support.

Any idea of when the site will be ready to launch?
    Wow, this thread has seen some attention as of late. Cool!

Unfortunatly, the sight's about where it's been for a while. There are only 2 staff members for the site and after putting out feelers for volunteers for help & getting almost no response, it's just moving at a snails pace. My web partner is extraordinarily busy and I've got my hands full with launching my own action figure line (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...nce-of-crystal), so it's temporarily on hold. I know this is disappointing to a lot of people (to none more than myself), but it's just how it has to be right now. Sorry.

Hasbro now owns the trademarks and there was no announcement about Sectaurs future at their investor day festivities. But toy fair is only 3 1/2 months away, hopefully we'll see some new product announcements then.

Keep checking back here for site announcements. And if you feel you can give Sectaurs.com a boost, PM me and we can chat.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    If anyone is interested in seeing the cartoon officially on DVD, I suggest tweeting WarnerArchive and telling them that you want it.
    Good to know.

Warner Archive's Facebook page is also a good place to post. I'm assuming Warner Brothers owns the cartoon rights since they own most, if not all, of the Ruby-Spears library.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Hasbro now owns the trademarks and there was no announcement about Sectaurs future at their investor day festivities. But toy fair is only 3 1/2 months away, hopefully we'll see some new product announcements then.

Keep checking back here for site announcements. And if you feel you can give Sectaurs.com a boost, PM me and we can chat.
    I didn't realize Hasbro nabbed the rights! Boy do I hope they plan to do something with them!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Warner Archive's Facebook page is also a good place to post. I'm assuming Warner Brothers owns the cartoon rights since they own most, if not all, of the Ruby-Spears library.
    Can they still make them though? They own the rights to the Gobots cartoon but I don't believe they can make those without Hasbro's permission.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    And if you feel you can give Sectaurs.com a boost, PM me and we can chat.
    What kind of help do you need?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Can they still make them though? They own the rights to the Gobots cartoon but I don't believe they can make those without Hasbro's permission.
    Not sure. You don't know unless you ask, though, and if enough people ask about Sectaurs I'm sure they'd look into it like they did Saturday Supercade. Warner still owns the rights to some segments of Saturday Supercade and can release them. Warner said their rights expired on a few of the segments, so those won't be on the release. I believe Hasbro straight up owns the rights to the GoBots cartoon according to a Shout! Factory rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I didn't realize Hasbro nabbed the rights! Boy do I hope they plan to do something with them!!
    It's been a long standing rumor that Sectaurs & Micronauts writer Bill Mantlo wrote a treatment for a crossover for the 2 properties in the mid-80s. So the speculation becomes weather Sectaurs will be a revived stand-alone property or possibly an off-shoot of Hasbro's re-vamped Micronauts that's on the way.

Either way bring on some new Sectaurs toys!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    What kind of help do you need?
    What'dya got?

Seriously, there are 2 of us who own Sectaurs.com and we live on oposite sides of the country (Seattle & Buffalo). One of us is an artist/designer with no web skills (me) and the other is a web guy with hardly any time to devote to putting it all together (and there is a lot). His job has recently changed enough that he should be able to start ramping up the construction of the site beyond where it is now, but really any help at all would be great. We had 2 volunteers early on and we let them pick their own assignments & completion time, but it gets tiring chasing people around who came to you to help out, and ultimately it went nowhere.

If you think you can help and you're serious, PM me and we can exchange email addresses. I've owned the domains for going on 5 years now and have had the construction start & stop & start all over from scratch at least 5 or 6 different times. It's extremely frustrating. We've amassed an incredible amount of information about the property well beyond just the toys and want nothing more than to get it out there for everyone to see.

Thanks for reviving the thread (again ) Firefly!

It's been a long standing rumor that Sectaurs & Micronauts writer Bill Mantlo wrote a treatment for a crossover for the 2 properties in the mid-80s. So the speculation becomes weather Sectaurs will be a revived stand-alone property or possibly an off-shoot of Hasbro's re-vamped Micronauts that's on the way.
    I hope Sectaurs is revived by itself. While I liked the Micronauts comic from Marvel in the 80's, the toys were a little before my time. From what I've seen of the vintage line & Palisades' brief revival, the line always seemed to be more concerned with supposed "playability" rather than any sort of storyline or distinct characters.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Thanks for reviving the thread (again ) Firefly!
    Actually, that was my first time. This is my second time...I asked Warner Archive about the ownership of the GoBots, Sectaurs, and Robo Force cartoons and they answered back that one of the three would be out on DVD within 3 months. Considering GoBots is probably owned by Hasbro and Robo Force is only one episode, I'm guessing the answer is Sectaurs. We will see.
    Last edited by Firefly; January 27, 2011 at 07:15pm.

Actually, that was my first time. This is my second time...I asked Warner Archive about the ownership of the GoBots, Sectaurs, and Robo Force cartoons and they answered back that one of the three would be out on DVD within 3 months. Considering GoBots is probably owned by Hasbro and Robo Force is only one episode, I'm guessing the answer is Sectaurs. We will see.
    I'd love all 3 of those but I realize Gobots is probably never going to happen thanks to Hasbro. Why is Mattel unable to do anything with cartoons based on their toys but Hasbro can stop the release of a cartoon based on toys they had nothing to do with?

JOIN THE GROUP...

Yeah, I just meant thanks for reviving the thread again in general.

Wow, that's encouraging news. I hope there is a DVD release in the near future. I recenlty gave the seires another view and ep 5 is just horrible to try and watch. The picture & sound fades in and out so bad at a bunch of different times it just take me right out of it.

Hey, if anyone here is on Facebook come check out the Sectaurs page here: http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=118092741097
    They just made me an admin!

ToyGiant,

You're for all Sectaurs fans worldwide what I'm for the Filmation Ghostbusters fans. Thank you so much for carrying the torch, buddy !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Vanquest; January 29, 2011 at 02:09pm.