Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Sectaurs.com is now LIVE!!!

Court Magician
    London. Though my heart yearns for the dense woodlands of Southern England...
    Count me in for Sectaurs.com! I just picked up Skulk and Tranculas on ebay, and freakin' love them! Although Tranculas is on my desk at work, and has been renamed Gordon. He's mexican and loves tequila.
    I'm totally game for rocking up some fan art, if you want some more. I was also thinking of making some 3 3/4 inch heads to put on Joe figures.
    I gotta say, that Dargon figure is top notch! I'd buy one! And your Prince of Crystal figure rocks! We should have a proper chat at some point, I think we're working in very similar circles!

http://9pins.deviantart.com/gallery/
    Like a one man wolf pack!

Bad news from Warner Archive's Facebook:

SECTAURS wasn't an in-house production, but a work-for-hire, which we don't own.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    That stinks! At least Gobots is coming though. Firefly, did you ever ask them about the Robo Force special? I doubt they'd release it on its own since it's only a 22 minute episode, but maybe they'd release it with a few similar shows in an anthology collection.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 20, 2011 at 11:59pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Hmmm... so Hasbro owns the rights now then? I wish it were that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    That stinks! At least Gobots is coming though. Firefly, did you ever ask them about the Robo Force special? I doubt they'd release it on its own since it's only a 22 minute episode, but maybe they'd release with a few similar shows in an anthology collection.
    I only mentioned Robo Force when I talked about all three shows and, of course, GoBots ended up being the title they hinted at. I'll see what I can find out...
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Hmmm... so Hasbro owns the rights now then? I wish it were that simple.
    It would probably be a decent guess that Hasbro owns the cartoon rights, but I doubt we'll ever know for sure unless Sectaurs gets a relaunch.
    Last edited by Firefly; February 21, 2011 at 12:01am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Sectaurs Sectaurs Sectaurs Sectaurs Sectaurs! Yeah!

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.
    While searching on the net, I found a website called On the Run Video. Here's a link to the Sectaurs cartoon: http://shop.ontherunvideo.com/produc...3&categoryId=4

I don't know how reputable that site is with their products or if it is legit.

On a side note, I purchased a set of five unproduced 2nd series accessories from a seller on ebay (2 Stellara's weapons, 2 Bandor's weapons and a Night Fighting Spidrax's boomerang). Now, I need to find a customizer to create a few items for Night Fighting Spidrax.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

@ sssqueezeme
    never had a problem with on the run, they deliver quick and quality has never been an issue. the only thing that i don't like is that their logo appears in the corner of their videos, it's small usually in the bottom right corner not very noticeable, but still...
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Sssqueeze's go-to guy sssqueezeme's Avatar
    Down in Subternia, hanging out with Sssqueeze and the gang.
    Quote Originally Posted by MANGLORD View Post
    @ sssqueezeme
    never had a problem with on the run, they deliver quick and quality has never been an issue. the only thing that i don't like is that their logo appears in the corner of their videos, it's small usually in the bottom right corner not very noticeable, but still...
    @ MANGLORD
    Thank you for the testimonial. I will certainly give them a try. I am rather curious about that short lived series.
    Some Sectaur Goals:
    #1: Obtain reproductions of each of the five unproduced second series figures including companion beasts and accessories.

#2: Construct customized figures of-
    Gnatseye w/ Jumpyr, Regent Galken, Scorpia, Royal Guard, Skull Soldier, Sting Trooper, Drone Trooper, Thornet, Empress Devora and Wing Warrior w/ flying steed

With Shout! Factory's relationship with Hasbro, the Shout! Factory forums might be the best place to pitch the idea of a DVD release by them. Maybe, they could get it for a reduced price and put it on their Shout! Select program.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Sectaurs was my number one favorite growing up. i do hope that they are made a collector toys again.

Any updates on the Sectaurs Website?

With Shout! Factory's relationship with Hasbro, the Shout! Factory forums might be the best place to pitch the idea of a DVD release by them. Maybe, they could get it for a reduced price and put it on their Shout! Select program.
    Damn, we're talking about only 5 episodes. They should fill the DVD with something else too.
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    Damn, we're talking about only 5 episodes. They should fill the DVD with something else too.
    If you buy a single disc movie, its usually only about 90 minutes to 2 hours, so I don't see an issue there. A lot of the Peanuts and Rankin-Bass retail releases of their specials are very short in length. Warner Archive recently released the Chuck Norris and GoBots mini-series, so a 5 episode mini-series release of Sectaurs by whomever wouldn't be unusual.
    Last edited by Firefly; June 15, 2011 at 10:40pm.

i can't access the site, but i love Sectaurs. i recall they were too expensive, but they aren't now!
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I just bugged Warner Archive on Twitter about Sectaurs. Maybe they could partner with somebody to release it MOD, with rights changing hands all the time you never know who owns what.

Also does the Sectaurs site still need help? Does it even still exist?
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I just bugged Warner Archive on Twitter about Sectaurs. Maybe they could partner with somebody to release it MOD, with rights changing hands all the time you never know who owns what.

Also does the Sectaurs site still need help? Does it even still exist?
    Maybe Warner is afraid they would not find any master tape intact to begin with.

Well well well, its not the same answer as before

I asked

@WarnerArchive now that you have released quite a bit of animation via MOD , could you do Sectaurs next? Its only 5 episodes!

They replied
    @ISUMark Good suggestion! we have something pretty cool coming next, but not that
    They did not say they can't or won't like they did before, I wonder if more went on with Hasbro then they are letting on, it would explain why all of a sudden they could do the Gobots when we all know Hasbro owns the toys and probably cartoon rights.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Damn! It looks like they just overlooked Sectaurs.

Court Magician
    I've been a huge fan of sectaurs ever since I was a kid. I rounded out my collection several years ago, including several rare promotional items, foreign packaging samples, a hilarious prince dargon "don't do drugs poster" and more. Let me know if I can help with the site. I wanted to give this thread a bump because I haven't heard anything about it in a while........

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well well well, its not the same answer as before

I asked

@WarnerArchive now that you have released quite a bit of animation via MOD , could you do Sectaurs next? Its only 5 episodes!

They replied

They did not say they can't or won't like they did before, I wonder if more went on with Hasbro then they are letting on, it would explain why all of a sudden they could do the Gobots when we all know Hasbro owns the toys and probably cartoon rights.
    The Warner Archive person that answers on Facebook is higher up than the guy on twitter, so I am still of the opinion that Sectaurs is a work-for-hire that they don't own. It wouldn't hurt if somebody asked them on Facebook again, though...

It's funny to see this bumped since I was literally thinking about Sectaurs & this thread a few hours ago.

Is the Sectaur site still going to happen or did some unforseen problems stall it for the time being?

It stinks that Hasbro has the rights to Sectaurs since they really are a company that loves to sit on great properties with potential & do nothing with them(Gobots, C.O.P.S., M.A.S.K.).
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The Sectaurs website is still in limbo. It's beyond my scope of abilities and beyond the scope of my wallet to pay someone (else) who can do it properly. I've paid a handful of different small time web developmers to do it for me and I got the same result every time; my money gone with a very incomplete website as the result and the next guy unwilling to pick up the pieces left by the last guy (aka; starting over from scratch). I love the property so much and want to do it justice by having a beautiful website to reprsent it, but I'm tapped and my attention is focused on my other projects and being a father. I don't plan on giving up the domains (unless the price was REALLY right), but without help it's just not feasable right now. Maybe starting a Kickstarter project for the site is something to think about. I'm just not sure enough people would care to contribute to meet the financial goal. I already have some incredible ideas on what could be offered as incentive to pledge, but again, I'm not sure enough people would contribute. No one is more disappointed than me, trust me.
    Good people to trade with!:
    Son of Keldor, He-Ryno, Zovex (x3), KingKahn, miscus555, Kaijukilla, Gigatron, big_truk_convoy, Andrea the Cat, Bigassbuzz (x2), Dawg88, zodak74 (x2), pistolpete1969, sandrockgundam04, Rexplode, TekkamanSol, Lay Ze-Man, djblizzard, brock_snyder, Spikewolfe, rocky_raccoon, Zordak, npbaity, JeMaBo2,

Maybe just set up a wordpress site, it's pretty simple to do and as you learn how to use it, you can improve the design & features. It's also a very low level financial investment that some google ads would probably cover. It may not be all fancy-schmancy right off the bat, but I'd rather have that than what we have now which is nothing.

Heroic Warrior
    I love Sectaurs. I would totally buy "Sectaurs Classics" if someone made them.