Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sectaurs.com is now LIVE!!!

Sectaurs.com needs your help!!!

Sectaurs.com is just a few months from launching and we need your help!!!

We’re trying to build the most complete website for Sectaurs, but even the collections of the 2 biggest fans can only go so far.

So, this is where you come in!

Images are needed of miscellaneous merchandise, packaging & accessory variants, copy written for character bios, terms, & locals and anything documenting conceptual, design, and production processes. Also any original comic, animation, or storybook art and fan art & custom toys.

With the 25th anniversary of the line next year (yeah, hard to believe) we want to make Sectaurs.com a celebration in honor of one of the most awesomely underrated toy lines in history. Presented; for the fans, by the fans. All contributions will be credited on the site.

Contact us at KingofSymbion@gmail.com to contribute and receive a list of things we’re needing/looking for. But those surprise items that we didn’t know were out there are always encouraged.

Thanks.

- Tony & Chris

www.Sectaurs.com

The Sectaurs are awesome! Best of luck with the website. I will surely check it out.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    You are more than welcome to use my Sectaurs video review on your site! All I ask is that you credit us (www.ThatNewToySmell.com)!

Link to the video: http://blip.tv/file/2556910
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Member of the Royal Family JimmyPSHayes's Avatar
    Best of luck with the site! I can't wait to see it!
    I love it when a plan comes together.

I have a super rare Sectaurs product poster, its black and white with some of the info but was printed at poster quality as some kind of test before the line launched. If I can dig it up I'll take some nice shots and send them along. To be honest I have no idea where it is, but I know I still have it somewhere.

HEROVERSE IS COMING...

Lionheart avatar by Baena

Hey, thanks for the well-wishes guys. The site's been a long time comin'. There is going to be some really surprising things revealed about Sectaurs when the site is launched. It truely has one of the most interesting back-stories.

Pixel Dan - I was going to contact you to see if it was cool that we linked your vid to the site. You just saved me a trip. BTW, I love your whole series of reviews. There isn't enough enthusiasm like you guys have in this hobby anymore. Keep 'em comin'!

wilee4 - This is exactly the type of item we're talking about in when we say "suprise item". Email me at KingofSymbion@gmail.com when you have some images, I'm dying to see this!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Pixel Dan - I was going to contact you to see if it was cool that we linked your vid to the site. You just saved me a trip. BTW, I love your whole series of reviews. There isn't enough enthusiasm like you guys have in this hobby anymore. Keep 'em comin'!
    Sweet!

Glad you enjoy our stuff! I'm looking forward to seeing your site when it's all ready!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Sectaurs is one of my favorite toylines of the 80's.If only there was some clean copies out there of the Sectaurs 5 part mini series toon.If I have anything your looking for I'll get in contact with you.I'm looking forward to your Sectaurs site launch!
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

A big fan of Slush Head
    I have some Sectaurs fanart man. I'll e-mail you the pics if you are interested.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Icer & Mike Bock -

Send me your stuff whenever you're ready. The more the merrier!

Thanks for wanting to help out!

If only Sectaurs gets more episodes and more advertising, I think it would have held well with He-Man. Even the toys had better articulations than He-Man back in 80s!

It definitely needs to be resurrected! In fact, I want too see an updated version like the MOTU classic.

Last edited by Agent-GHQ; November 20, 2009 at 11:31pm.
    Accept the unacceptable.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by Toygiant View Post
    Icer & Mike Bock -

Send me your stuff whenever you're ready. The more the merrier!

Thanks for wanting to help out!
    Great I'll send you what I have then. I can't wait to visit your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent-GHQ View Post
    If only Sectaurs gets more episodes and more advertising, I think it would have held well with He-Man. Even the toys had better articulations than He-Man back in 80s!

It definitely needs to be resurrected!

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m...y/DSC00392.jpg

The Sectaurs was one of those cartoons that were overlooked but had tons of potencial.
    Like the Visionaries.

I'd love to send some stuff

I have some comic book scan's and some of the unproduced prototype catalogs pages from the figures and some customs that are a WIP

Mike Bock - Awesome! I can't wait to see your stuff!

Megalodon - I love seeing people's Sectaurs customs, there aren't nearly enough out there. As for the scans, we need scans of the '86 Sectaurs Press Kit. As far as we know this is the only Coleco toy fair item we don't have images of. But still send me the images you have, they might be different than what we have.

Agent-GHQ - Wow! That is one incredibly mint looking Sectaurs collection! Once the sight is up you'll see that there was some evidence that Ruby & Spears was gearing up for an ongoing cartoon. As for a resurection...........no one is more ready than me. I could make a presentation this minute if i had to. I've written a new story treatment, done over one hundred pages of concept/design work, prototyped some toys, and even have a couple things done in Zbrush (I'm a freelance designer/sculptor www.WorkingClassVillains.com). The powers that be just need to give me a shot! Here's some pics of a Dargon I did a couple years ago. Nothing feels better than getting a reaction like that from your heroes.

Last edited by Toygiant; November 21, 2009 at 05:01am.

Judging from your sculpt of Prince Dargon and enthusiasm, clearly there is no one more ready than you. I'm so looking forward to learn more about Sectaurs and how it came about.

Warriors of Symbion for the 25th anniversary!
    Accept the unacceptable.

Thanks Agent'!

We'll see ya there!

A big fan of Slush Head
    Duuuuuuuuude that Dargon is amazing!!!
    Seriously that is one awesome figure.

Heroic Warrior
    why does his face look like a puzzle?

Mike - Thanks for the props. He was a spare-time labor of love and got me and my company some nice attention at Comic-con.

Amberbratt - This was a design I was playing with where his face is segmented, therefore a little more bug-like. I did a second version of his head which is the same sculpt minus the segments. A little closer to his original look.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Wow you did that on your spare time?! Man you are talented!
    Somebody eventually was going to ask this so what the hell here it goes: Do you plan to make a Spidrax too?

Oh and one other thing when is the site going to be up?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Wow you did than on your spare time?! Man you are talented!
    Somebody eventually was going to ask this so what the hell here it goes: Do you plan to make a Spidrax too?

Oh and one other thing when is the site going to be up?
    Thanks for the compliment. I was hip deep in client work right before comic-con '07 and had to cut some corners to get him done in time. I designed him on paper with 25 point of articulation but only had time to get 13 in there.

We're pushing for a tentative January 1st go live date. But we've set a certain level of content as a goal for launch and if we don't have it quite put together by then, we'll stetch it a bit. I'm confident we'll be ready, but this is also why we're putting out feelers for contributors.

If you're interested in writing some copy, shoot me an email at KingofSymbion@gmail.com and I'll email you the guidelines. It's pretty basic and unrestricted for the most part.

Oh, and a Spidrax redesign is on paper in this style, but I only got a head sculpt done for him, minus his helmet.
    Last edited by Toygiant; November 22, 2009 at 03:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ToyGiant,

I'm located in Italy, and will try to find some stuff for you and... for me! I'm a HUGE Sectaurs fan, so I'm eagerly awaiting for your site to be "aired".
    By the way, please, promote it on my forums too: Ghostbusters and Blackstar (there's a section devoted to the "futuristic barbarians" whom Sectaurs kinda belong to).
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/

Oh-my-god! That Dargon figure you made is really awesome.

To be honest, I don't really know much about Sectaurs. But I have seen some of the unproduced prototypes awhile back on another site.
    "My favorite Harry Potter movie is Troll."

Toygiant;

Have you got any contacts from any toy company that will used your work to make these toys for the fans that knows of Sectaurs? Either way, I believe a license is required from Coleco or company that owns the rights to Sectaurs?

I google Sectaurs and learns that a 2nd wave did not made it into production. We would have a female Sectorian! I so hope some toy company pick this line up in celebration of the 25th anniversary...
    Accept the unacceptable.

Indeed, the custom figures are marvellous and unbelievable!

I'm wondering if we can get in touch with the company which produced the cartoon in order to get a "proper" DVD release of this classic. C'mon, only 5 episodes, it's not expensive to get this released!
    "We're the real deal, you know." - Jake Kong Jr.

GHOSTBUSTERS: http://filmationghostbuster.proboards.com/

BLACKSTAR: http://johnblackstar.proboards.com/