Thread: Moving to St. Louis, MO and I NEED A JOB!

Moving to St. Louis, MO and I NEED A JOB!

My wife has already moved. She works in Chesterfield and has an apartment down the road in Ballwin. My son and I drive back and forth on the weekends moving up stuff. I'm still here teaching art in KY trying to get the house ready to sell. I have a Masters degree in art education and 10 years experience but can't find a job. I guess a MAE is fancy for "not qualified to do anything else". I HAVE to make somewhere close to what I make now if not more because of cost of living. So does anyone know somebody that knows somebody that shot somebody that can help me find a job?
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I work at a Southern Illinois University in Edwardsville, which would not be a bad commute. I am not sure what the Art department looks for in terms of faculty and education, but there may be part time oppurtunities as an adjunct teacher. Certainly couldn't hurt to send in a CV/resume and make contact.

Here is a link to the SIUE site where jobs are posted: http://www.siue.edu/employment/

Also welcome to the area
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Have you tried the universities around chesterfield? Webster university is known for their art program and when last I was there many of their art profs only had their masters. On a side note go to vstock at the chesterfield mall it's great for the toy cravings.
    Is not not licking toads

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I have never heard of vstock...what kind of stuff do they have?
    It is spelled "Crita", not "Critta". Misspell her name and Crita will knock the "T" out of you!

Also...get her into the line!

Awesome "Yes Movement" avatar by The All American!

Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I have never heard of vstock...what kind of stuff do they have?
    Toys vintage and new
    Books used and new
    Comics
    Movies etc
    Is not not licking toads

I'm pretty sure I've applied there already. I've been applying for jobs in St. Louis for over a year now. And not just for teaching positions. pretty much anything but again, not qualified. No one wants to hire me as a manager. I've been managing middle school kids for 10 years. It looks like I'll be subbing during the day and then working a night job to make the difference. Not the ideal situation but I have to do what I have to do.
    Part Needs: MOTUC
    FEEDBACK