Thread: Which MOTU figure was/is the hardest for you to complete?

Which MOTU figure/vehicle/playset was/is the hardest for you to complete?

For some reason for me it was Saurod.I had a heck of a time finding his gun!Vehicle was Blasterhawk hands down.Playset Eternia.
    Last edited by ICER; September 6, 2013 at 01:00pm.
    ICER
    Your friendly neighborhood org member!

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    I typically like buying sealed items, so price and rarity are what make mine hard to complete.

Figure - Twistoid (not paying $200-$300 for this guy, so it's a money thing)
    Vehicle - Attak Trak
    Playset - Fright Zone (finally got one about 3 years ago)

I'll add a beast and accessory column:

Beast - Turbodactyl
    Accessories - Scubattack

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Also talking about sealed items.
    For me that was Canadian 8-back stratos.
    I had an almost complete set and I had to negotiate with a collector fellow to finally finish my set I posted on my profile in albums section
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> CA Heroic warriors He-man/Teela/Ramman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> CA Evil Warriors Skeletor/Faker/Beastman 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> US Evil horde Hordak/Leech/Mantenna 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Many years ago I got a bunch of MOTU figures from a friend who had outgrown them; included in the bunch was a Webstor, no accessories, plus his right arm was clearly off of a Skeletor figure. Since he was always sort of the odd man out, he was usually armed with something out of the Weapons Pak, or off of another broken figure (Fisto armor and a Spikor club!), or even better, the Stilt-Stalkers / Jet Sled, since the armor with those somewhat resembled his original suit.

Years later, one of you fine Eternians hooked me up with a spare right arm for Webstor. Later still, I was well out of town helping my wife with an art show at a fairly well-known flea market. A lady with an action figure booth had a bunch of loose MOTU parts that she couldn't identify. I helped her sort through the mess, and in return she kindly provided me with a He-Man shield -- plus Webstor's armor, hook and rope included, and an orange rifle!

The moment I got home, Webstor -- who at the time was sporting a bandolier off of a NA He-Man and a spare Kobra Khan pistol -- finally got decked out in all his original gear!

Only took me about 18 years to complete him.

Heroic Warrior
    webstor with blue gun and scareglow glow weapon , ninjor and buzz saw hordak were tough to complete

Nondescript Cannon Fodder Snoutful's Avatar
    Rotar. Dude's accessories go for way more than I'm willing to spend.
    I was going to share!

that one has to be laser power he-man, i mean, the pieces are just scarce, you might as well just get figure complete at once

Heroic Warrior
    i agree. i forgot about that one , if you want a complete one just buy one , 75% of the value of that figure seems to be his weapons.
    if you are willing to wait you can buy these and search for the weapons , but you will spend the same or more , my 1st eternia was $300 by the time i finished completing it i was close to $700 . it was fun hunting for parts, but the cost was the same
    Last edited by ninjor 9; September 9, 2013 at 07:25pm.

i have EVERY us figure but wonder bread he-man
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Mitchyba...ow=grid&view=0 my youtube chanel with my he-man collection please take a look and subscribe always updating my motu

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchybabysc View Post
    i have EVERY us figure but wonder bread he-man
    i consider your collection complete ! WB in my own opinion was not a motu figure , but was conan , i have as much proof as anyone else which is none at all , i have WB ,kinda boring plain figure that is over priced , and ive made extras and sold as customs for $4 in paint . i know mattel employees have said he isnt conan ,but they also know nothing else about him either .so if they know nothing of him how can they say hes not conan ? and the colors and the arnold schwarzenegger face and build are proof enough for me . congrats on the complete collection

Buzz Saw Hordak is my current hard-to-chase-down figure.

Heroic Podcaster
    I'm only about 70% through my loose collection, but currently the accessory that has seemed harder than I thought to acquire has been a complete Orko coin trick.
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

ScareGlow and Randor for me...I have the figures, but the weapons are ridiculous to buy on ebay...so they both sit accessory-less
    MOTUC Needs:Fisto, Whiplash, Shadow Weaver, Spikor, Sorceress, Mighty Spector, Batros, Foe Men, Frosta, Griffin, Granamyr, Shadowbeast, Horde Prime, Jitsu, Rokkon/Stonedar, Jet Sled, Goddess, Wundar, Strobo, Castle Grayskull, Yellow Evil Lynn, Dekker, Pre-ternia He-man, Star Sisters, snake men, NA He-man, TP He-man, horde trooper(s), sky high, Faker, Snake MAA

Heroic Warrior skeletorinzecloset's Avatar
    May i say nothing? :-) In almost 3 years i've bought all the vintage line minus tyrantisaurus and turbodactyl. Loose of course! Started from nothing. Eternia is complete; took me 3 months, the two laser figures are complete too and one day i will tell the story of their find and completion; my tytus is mint; only megator misses armor and ball & chain but i'm not sure i'll chase for the accessories. I feel ashame about the price i bought these four gems... When i read prices here on the forums i think i am lucky.
    In the end the whole complete collection has not costed me that much (well its expensive but the rare items were cheap for me) :-)
    Last edited by skeletorinzecloset; September 14, 2013 at 12:33pm.
    "I'm not insane i'm not insane i'm just smarter than you" The Dev
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Hardest figure was by far, Terror claws Skeletor. That red clip was either way over priced or only with complete figures. He was incomplete for three years when i found it inna random bag of parts at value village.
    Hardest vehicle was the fright fighter. Satellite dish had to be repro and it was way cheaper. 3$.

My eternia is still jissing the jaw lever because again its too pricey for a piece of plastic. If someone can point me in the right direction to finding one that would be nice. It's 99% complete. I consider myself very lucky i didn't have to search for the laser cannon windshield. I actually over looked it and it sat in a box for two years before i realized what it was.
    Check out my customs. Go on, treat yerself!
    New life into old playsets!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Neilrich...0?feature=mhee

Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    I actually didn't know Saurod had the extra piece on his back for the longest time. It's on his back, so moc makes it hard to spot when you're not looking for it (in pictures, didn't own one), and loose stuff just never had it. I finally noticed it on an uncirculated figure that had been AFAed. So ended up buying a beat moc, because nobody knew what I was talking about. This was pretty much after I had stopped buying motu.

I think I just lucked out on everybody else, but mostly bought on busted cards or complete and mint.

When I was looking for variants, that got tricky. The blue Webstor gun was a big deal at the time, and he also had a short/long barrel weapon. There was some coo matching issues.

I also liked to have the comics for the figure to be complete, and also liked things to be varied. So one version of Scareglow had to have Ultimate battle ground while the other had Search for Keldor, and one Teela needed Tale of Teela and so forth. It helped to complete the mini comic set in general, but being picky on condition, I had a hard time finding a second Zoid comic, and the third Cosmic Key comic was super annoying to have to get, so I ended up using that foreign catalogue with the movie art on it instead for Blade. It's been so long, I forgot the details on that, but didn't know who else to pair it with anyways.

I want to say some figures weren't about the weapons, but about the paint. We need our minty figures. And for me, there was a version of Mekaneck (dark belt or something dumb, who knows) that I couldn't find with clean visors for the longest time. And of course, "Wonder Bread He-Man" or whatever he's called now. And the extra weapons too! In case you don't want to share with MEW and just had to have what everybody thought he might come with. I think he was just one of the last loose figures I got though. He wasn't crazy expensive yet, and you could still find clean heads easy enough. That was so silly. Crazy times.

I feel like every figure had a US release variant. Levers and necks and belts and hard heads and paint apps and weapons and blah blah blah. I started on Tops for a second, but after Modulok and Camo Kahn and dropped out of that fast. That was way late in collecting, and some were 100+ dollar figures! By then, I was on to moc, and that would still buy most any figure at that time. And I only ever had LL Skele moc. Sold it, never looked back, and never owned LP He-Man at all. Never even held one still to this day. Always thought he was dumb, until I saw the reg head variant. THAT is an awesome fig. Anyways, I just stayed away from rare foreign stuff, they were not my memories and the big boys of motu were dropping serious cash on 'em. I liked too many other lines to sink in that deep. Plus, it gives me something to look at when I see other collections. Had I been a few years earlier on collecting, maybe I would have nabbed 'em before they increased in value so rapidly.

I need to go back through everything and make sure no legs have popped off or melted or something! It'll be good to see them all again!

Heroic Podcaster
    I think I am going to have several figures tied on this list! Still looking for Orko's coin trick, but I will add that I just got a near-complete DB Skeletor...missing the green padlock. Here we go again...
    QUEEN ANGELLA! BLAST ATTAK! Buzzsaw Hordak Dragstor Flying Fists He-Man GWILDOR!
    Lazer Light He-Man Lazer Light Skeletor MERMISTA! MULTI-BOT! NINJOR! Peekablue Perfuma
    Rotar Saurod SPINNERELLA! SSSQUEEZE! Terror Claws Skeletor TUNG LASHOR! Twistoid

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    So far its been Ninjor, but I finally got his nunchucks. I would say LP He-Man too but haven't fully dedicated myself to that journey. I have the naked figure with battery holder, probably will never find his armor and sword.
    I still need that padlock too! I forget about that one...