Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Rossio is working on the script !

Terry Rossio is working on the script !

Eric Chavez ,an user of the FB page "new He-Man movie fans united" ,gets great news on twitter by DeVon Franklin.

Terry is a guy with a tremendous reputation, Check out his Filmography:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Rossio http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0744429/#Writer

others DeVon new tweets .

Join us : https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-H...79174902261820
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 7, 2013 at 02:11am.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Really, they are still working on the script Hopefully just making final tweaks.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    Eric Chavez ,an user of the FB page "new He-Man movie fans united" ,gets great news on twitter by DeVon Franklin.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...13959341_n.jpg

Terry is a guy with a tremendous reputation, Check out his Filmography:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Rossio http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0744429/#Writer

others DeVon new tweets .

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...31555388_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...12632221_n.jpg

Join us : https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-H...79174902261820
    He certainly has been around for awhile. Thanks Heavy E for keeping the pressure on Sony. Keep it up.

Actually the last news that came out about the script was Richard Wenk working on it last year.

My favorite part is :"It will happen and it will be great"

In fact if they hired a writer like Terry Rissio is because they have high expectations for this project.

I always thought a motu movie should have a Pirates of the Caribbean feeling , that sense of adventure.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 7, 2013 at 07:33pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

It's an awesome NEWS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot for sharing !

This is good to hear. I just wonder why there’s been no announcement of his participation in the trades. I love how Devon seems to be answering you so much. Basically, the man who has worked as a writer on all the Pirates of the Caribbean films is working on the MOTU film. That’s as high profile as it get’s. Now it just looks like they need to find a new director. I know it’s taking a looooooong time, but I think this actually may be it. I just hope we get a good film that put's MOTU back out there where it belongs.
    Last edited by Krueger; September 7, 2013 at 09:35pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    I know it’s taking a looooooong time, but I think this actually may be it.

seems the planets are lining up.
    MOTULA.ORG

Court Magician
    Now this is awesome I think we will get some interesting Director - i still have an feeling we will get some foreign guy (maybe Jose Padillha as i stated before), he will be releasing RoboCop in February but i didn't see any other movie attachements on his Imdb profile thus far (and RoboCop is produced by Sony). He maybe doesn't fit MOTU profile, but who does... Or Sam Raimi

That’s great about the release date. It won’t be in 2015, though, which I actually think is for the best. Considering how stacked 2015 is already MOTU will just get eaten alive. 2016 is the most likely, then, considering Devon’s tweets.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Now this is awesome I think we will get some interesting Director - i still have an feeling we will get some foreign guy (maybe Jose Padillha as i stated before), he will be releasing RoboCop in February but i didn't see any other movie attachements on his Imdb profile thus far (and RoboCop is produced by Sony). He maybe doesn't fit MOTU profile, but who does... Or Sam Raimi
    I would be open to him. However, TBH, I wasn’t too impressed with the trailer for the new Robocop film. It looks like a soap opera!
    Last edited by Krueger; September 8, 2013 at 11:17am.

Court Magician
    That’s great about the release date. It won’t be in 2015, though, which I actually think is for the best. Considering how stacked 2015 is already MOTU will just get eaten alive. 2016 is the most likely, then, considering Devon’s tweets.
    I would be open to him. However, TBH, I wasn’t too impressed with the trailer for the new Robocop film. It looks like a soap opera!
    I am all with you, from my point of view movie like MOTU can't really come out by the end of 2015 even if they start filming it by the beginning of next year (thing's would be just rushed). As for Robo, i've been reading that Jose didn't have creativty freedom. It does look to much dramatic and clean - well it's PG-13 Robo I don't think R-Rated (gore and violence) movie with budget over 100mil. could work theese days (Gross)

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I am all with you, from my point of view movie like MOTU can't really come out by the end of 2015 even if they start filming it by the beginning of next year (thing's would be just rushed). As for Robo, i've been reading that Jose didn't have creativty freedom. It does look to much dramatic and clean - well it's PG-13 Robo I don't think R-Rated (gore and violence) movie with budget over 100mil. could work theese days (Gross)
    Agreed about the look of Robocop. I just don't like the visual look of the film. As you said, everything just looks too clean and tidy. Also, I just despise how they have made Robocop look himself. However, I have read numerous stories about how the director and the studio were at each others throats. It may or may not show in the finished film.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    looking at his imdb he has as many absolute bombs as he does hits. doesn't fill me with major confidence that this guys last big film was the lone ranger
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

I hope sooner then later.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

I would put some chips in 2015, this project is not at 0, remember the guardians of the galaxy set a release date, production and at the same time set a new writer for rewriting.

Also I do not know if this will be a summer movie . These tweets were in the middle of the conversation above.

Maybe they are waiting for episode 7 release date or maybe they are waiting for Thor the dark world perfomance in November/december.

anyway,apparently an announcement will be very soon.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 8, 2013 at 06:10pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

I think all the major studios are waiting to see when Disney decides to drop Star Wars Episode 7. I still think 2015 is out of reach. However, if Star Wars gets a summer 2015 release, then MOTU could definitely fall in either November or December of that year. November 2015 is already quite full with potential big-hitters, though. A Hunger Games film, the next James Bond and Ant-Man are all scheduled for November of that year. I personally think Disney will drop Star Wars in December 2015. If they don’t, then MOTU could feasibly go there, as December 2015 doesn’t have any real blockbusters as of yet, only kiddie films, which will be going for a different audience to MOTU.

August 2015 is a possibility too ,there are time .In fact Sony likes August.

I want to clarify is the real DeVon answering.
    I remember before DeVon not answer any questions about motu in fact removed that , and now He responds everything and I think that is because the project is going forward now and enabled to respond .
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 8, 2013 at 07:02pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

I remember before DeVon not answer any questions about motu in fact removed that , and now He responds everything and I think that is because the project is going forward now and enabled to respond .
    Yep, that's a fair point. He never really said anything before. And yes, it is definitely his account, as his wife talks to him on there, too. On the opposite end, we have Jon Chu, who used to talk about MOTU quite a lot last summer. Now, you don't hear a peak out of him. Maybe he is actually no longer attached? I suspect if you asked Devon if Chu is still on board he wouldn't give you a straight yes or no. I could be wrong, though. Also, seeing as he likes to answer you, ask him about She-Ra. I seem to recall Todd Black (one of the producers from Escape Artists) mentioning her in an audio interview from last summer.
    Last edited by Krueger; September 8, 2013 at 07:13pm.

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    looking at his imdb he has as many absolute bombs as he does hits. doesn't fill me with major confidence that this guys last big film was the lone ranger
    I liked The Lone Ranger. (as it compares to ANYTHING else this year)

..the most important point is that they are not talking to me.
    SSoo how are they going to get it done right??

Quote Originally Posted by the_ultimate_evil View Post
    A box-office bomb doesn't equal a bad film. Although he did write the Godzilla film with Matthew Broderick. But, you know, he has worked on a couple of billion dollar films. That's high profile, whichever way you look at it.

CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY the_ultimate_evil's Avatar
    A box-office bomb doesn't equal a bad film. Although he did write the Godzilla film with Matthew Broderick. But, you know, he has worked on a couple of billion dollar films. That's high profile, whichever way you look at it.
    while what you say is true about a box office bomb. a lot of the bombs on this guys list were universally panned. his big movies seem to be ones that others have worked with or after his treatment was done

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I liked The Lone Ranger. (as it compares to ANYTHING else this year)

..the most important point is that they are not talking to me.
    SSoo how are they going to get it done right??
    really so was it the complete lack of respect for the source, the in your face racism , the complete bull of forced mysticism on characters that made it better than anything else this year

and just out of curiosity what makes you seem to determined that you're the only one who can do this movie right
    And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
    Click to see my portfolio here
    my art blog with my latest pieces here
    my deviant art galleryhere
    all comments, criticisms and questions are welcome in my guestbook

DeVon is on fire! He can't stop to respond lol.

What's your opinion about this?

MOTULA.ORG

DeVon is on fire! He can't stop to respond lol.

What's your opinion about this?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...09374675_n.jpg
    I like the idea of that. Maybe not a complete unknown, though. More like someone who hasn't had their big break yet. I think Liam Hemsworth is a great candidate. Physically, he fits the bill and he's, you know, an actual actor as well. I just hope they're not looking at any body builders or wrestlers. That would be my worst nightmare. It’s not the 80s anymore. A body builder or wrestler can’t carry a big budget tentpole, IMO.

Ask him about Jon Chu, whether he's still in or not. I doubt he'll give an answer to that one, but he seems to like you.

I like the idea of that. Maybe not a complete unknown, though. More like someone who hasn't had their big break yet. I think Liam Hemsworth is a great candidate. Physically, he fits the bill and he's, you know, an actual actor as well. I just hope they're not looking at any body builders or wrestlers. That would be my worst nightmare. It’s not the 80s anymore. A body builder or wrestler can’t carry a big budget tentpole, IMO.
    DeVon said "not considering any wrestlers at the moment"on other tweet.

About the unknown ,Better! the stars are very expensive and better to spend that money in the budget in the wonderful world of Eternia.lol

Ask him about Jon Chu, whether he's still in or not. I doubt he'll give an answer to that one, but he seems to like you.
    Yes, I will .

maybe the last question for a while, I do not want to saturate him.I'm stretching the rope as could be lol, but he is willing to answer.

I will ask if they have in mind to set a new director.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 10, 2013 at 01:10pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

maybe the last question for a while, I do not want to saturate him.I'm stretching the rope as could be lol, but he is willing to answer.

I will ask if they have in mind to set a new director.
    Probably right. We don’t want to push our luck. I just can’t believe the senior vice president of the studio is being so open.

Could be a lot worse, I reckon. I'm just hoping that it's halfway decent. That's all I ask.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread