Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Rossio is working on the script !

I love Terry! This is fantastic news!!! Why isn't it getting more publicity?
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I love Terry! This is fantastic news!!! Why isn't it getting more publicity?
    I thought this as well. Maybe it’s just a polish? Sometimes writers do un-credited work.

perhaps this news not getting more publicity by the many twists and turns of this project, or perhaps the sites overlooked the news.

lately saw many news from important sites taken from twitter, for that reason I give relevance to this news.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I can’t wrap my head around this, actually. This guy is a big writer. One of the biggest working in Hollywood today. I cannot believe it has not hit the trades. As I said before, the only thing I can think of is that it is just a script polish to get it in fighting shape. If it is just a script polish, then that means they are pretty far along. The biggest question mark now is who is directing? GI Joe 3 just nabbed a writer, and every article says that Jon Chu has signed on to direct it. If he is directing GI Joe 3 there is no way he will also direct MOTU, as they will probably both come out in 2016 (hopefully).

- - - Updated - - -

Well,well,well,that confirms a couple of things.

Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 11, 2013 at 05:41pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    wow this is exciting news, I wonder why this is all being kept hush hush though? I hope we get a big announcement soon.
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Saurod ~ Gwildor ~ Crita ~ Dylamug ~ Staghorn ~ Ninjor ~ Tung Lashor ~ Oo-Larr ~ Darius ~ Evilseed ~ Masks of Power Demons ~ Skelcons ~ Kothos ~ Hawke ~ Veena ~ Spydra ~ Angast ~ S-S-Sssqueeze ~ Sweet Bee ~ Tuskador ~ Lodar ~ Entrapta ~ Sorceress Teela ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Kex Queen ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Mermista ~ Red Shadow ~ Fang-Or ~ Crimson Fury ~

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...ps403f04e7.jpg
    Thankyou so much for getting all of this info, because of you i now check this thread out everytime im on the boards, which is everyday lol. Maybe you can bother him one more time and throw some directors at him like maybe Peter Jackson.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

PROGRESS EXCELLENT! Terry hasn't exactly rocked my socks off yet with his movies but at least he's on scale with the type of people I want on this movie we need a director with vision a la Peter Jackson (good call) or Zack Snyder (my top pick) or a 1980s version of Steven Spielberg.... kidding (but not really)

a couple of hot up and comers to bring in the kids and a godly new guy to fill the boots of the most powerful man in the universe.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

- - - Updated - - -

http://i1154.photobucket.com/albums/...ps403f04e7.jpg
    Wow, thank you for getting him to spill the beans. He must really like you. Great stuff. So our suspicions have been confirmed: Chu is off MOTU. The fact that Mr. Franklin is so open with you would suggest that firstly the film is going to get made and that they are pretty far along. My guess is a new director announcement is imminent.

This not only confirms there will be a new director and Jon Chu is off, but also they will not wait for Chu and that means the movie is for the near future.
    MOTULA.ORG

I think 2016 is now the most likely. It won’t be 2015. Jurassic Park 4 is coming out in summer 2015, which pretty much confirms that Star Wars will be a December release. There is nowhere for MOTU to go that year. It is imperative that a newcomer like MOTU is given enough room to breathe. There just isn’t any room left in 2015, all year round.

set date for jurassic park but Pirates of the Caribbean 5 is delayed. I'm still betting on 2015, August is totally free yet and sony likes August.

some may think these are just words on twitter, for me this is more relevant than one news can give hollywood reporter.

That's DeVon Franklin I do not think a person with such an important position, and above all a man of faith, is wasting time on twitter playing jokes to some fans of He-Man, saying irresponsible things as confirming a great writer or confirming Jon Chu is off or saying an announcement is very soon.
    the only reality is extremely likely a motu movie happen.

for those who want a movie these were intense days. I never imagined DeVon would respond so many questions and answers as clear.
    MOTULA.ORG

Court Magician
    That's DeVon Franklin I do not think a person with such an important position, and above all a man of faith, is wasting time on twitter playing jokes to some fans of He-Man, saying irresponsible things as confirming a great writer or confirming Jon Chu is off or saying an announcement is very soon.
    the only reality is extremely likely a motu movie happen.

for those who want a movie these were intense days. I never imagined DeVon would respond so many questions and answers as clear.
    And for that matter IMO it would be nice that nobody brake/bring the news which DeVon gave us to any movie site - except of themselves (Sony, Escape Artists and Universal). As he was so thurstful to us fans

I'm glad Chu is gone... they should get someone like Andrew Stanton... loved John Carter
    Maybe even Rupert Sanders...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Last comments.

@newhemanmovie I thought that. Bonus question Lol. Are you in talks with some? ... Clue?

‏@DeVonFranklin lol no talks yet. Terry still finishing the script

@DeVonFranklin I'm excited about all my movies, and this one is special because I grew up with the show and toys
    MOTULA.ORG

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    If he grew up with the show and toys he will want to see this happen, maybe he wants Dolph to cameo as King Randor, that would be pretty cool.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

I respect Devon Franklin a lot. he takes the time to talk to many, heck he will even offer personal emails to people (regarding help understanding faith and stuff) but this man takes the time to respond as best he can. I know it is impossible to reply to everyone, but what I've seen him try to keep a line of communication open, my hat is off to him, yes he is the right age to have grown up with he-man, but even better that he acknowledges it and how it fuels his excitemnt!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    A box-office bomb doesn't equal a bad film. Although he did write the Godzilla film with Matthew Broderick. But, you know, he has worked on a couple of billion dollar films. That's high profile, whichever way you look at it.
    Actually, Ted Elliot and Terry Rossio merely have a contractually obligated credit for the 1998 Godzilla movie. Elliot & Rossio's script was pretty much all junked by Dean Devlin and Roland Emmerich except for a few short scenes, hence the required screen credit. If you're interested in reading Ted Elliot's & Terry Rossio's final draft for GODZILLA (from 1994) Rossio put it up on his website Wordplayer.com and currently resides in the site's archive page (with some other screenplays).

I just hope that those in charge of finally making this movie happen have the will and manage to make it stay true to the vintage designs and spirit of the franchise, rather than follow Mattel's current guidelines (written by TG) dictating the redesigns (like cladding He-Man from head to toe in pants and armor, while almost completely nuding Teela) and the gratuitously violent and shallow storylines of the new (and majorly disliked) comic series.

If there was one big lesson to learn from the previous 1987 movie fiasco, it was that one shouldn't attempt to drastically redesign the general look and feel of the MotU world and characters people already know and love, because it is that very look and feel what most people love about it.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    If he grew up with the show and toys he will want to see this happen, maybe he wants Dolph to cameo as King Randor, that would be pretty cool.
    I prefere Dolph as King Grayskull, Langella as Hordak and Courteney Cox as Sorceress !

DeVon about Dolph said :

"maybe a cameo but not as Randor lol"
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    DeVon about Dolph said :
    ..not as Randor
    Schwarzenegger as Randor.
    Dolph as Skeletor.

Its the only way to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    Its the only way to do it.
    Not really. I'm pretty sure the joke is on us and you've basically been Trolling us ever since you registered.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    I'm glad Chu is gone... they should get someone like Andrew Stanton... loved John Carter
    Maybe even Rupert Sanders...
    Yes Yes Yes to Stanton! If he'd be up for it.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    Yes Yes Yes to Stanton! If he'd be up for it.
    Yeah john carter was great for something I was not familiar with at all. All I could think about when I was watching that movie was how cool MOTU would look like this with all the vehicles and monsters and such. he'd nail the Fright fighter not that that would be my first choice for a common vehicle in the movie
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1