Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Rossio is working on the script !

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mezmiro View Post
    I say... Have them watch the first 10 episodes of the Filmation He-Man, She-Ra & the MYP series. Show them a slide show of the graphic novel DC has out, and .. spend money.
    I think that absolutely no one who has never seen the show has any right to make a Masters movie.

Michael Bay never watched Transformers, ever. (even when they asked him to)

..but maybe Hollywood will get this one right..?
    Last edited by Eternian-King Paul; October 15, 2013 at 10:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian-King Paul View Post
    I think that absolutely no one who has never seen the show has any right to make a Masters movie.

Michael Bay never watched Transformers, ever. (even when they asked him to)

..but maybe Hollywood will get this one right..?
    Actually, I would rather the director NOT to have seen any of the shows. I think the director should just read the early, pre-Filmation mini-comics and that's it. Maybe a few of the early DC comics as well, but anything before the secret identity/Prince Adam concept would be great.

Yeah, I hope beyond hope there is NO Adam in the new movie.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    Actually, I would rather the director NOT to have seen any of the shows. I think the director should just read the early, pre-Filmation mini-comics and that's it. Maybe a few of the early DC comics as well, but anything before the secret identity/Prince Adam concept would be great.

Yeah, I hope beyond hope there is NO Adam in the new movie.
    In my MotU heart of hearts, I agree with you 100%.
    If I was making the movie? And I didn't care who saw it or how much it would make? That's exactly what I would do.
    I'd make the Alcala minicomics come to life.

But that's not reality.

I just want the creators to love it like Jackson loves and respects the Lord of the Rings.
    I don't want what Bay did to Transformers.

People are ready to snicker and poke fun at this movie as it is. It would be so cool, if people left the theater, talking about that trailer for MotU more than they talk about the movie they went to go see. About how cool it was, about what a unique look at what He-Man could be, and that it blows every other incarnation they've seen before out of the water. And then have the movie deliver what was anticipated in the trailer and more.

The Alcala comics in a movie would do that for me alone, and maybe a small handful of us minicomic fans out there, but there's no way it would do that for the masses and general audiences.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Looking at the way blockbusters are constructed nowadays I think having Prince Adam is actually more necessary than having He-Man himself. I think Adam will more than likely be playing the role of the audience, so to speak. We’ll be seeing all these extraordinary events unfolding through his eyes. Even though he will come from royalty I have a hunch that he’ll be depicted as an everyday guy. I know a lot of people don’t like them, but a great example would be Sam from the Transformers films. All three films were basically told from his POV. I’m guessing they’ll be going down that route for MOTU. If we just go straight into it and follow a huge, hulking alpha male from frame one I think a modern day audience may feel a bit lost.

As much as I'd like to stray away from cartoon canon, I know that's what were going to get. Hopefully it's not dumbed down like the cartoons. I want evil warriors to be menacing NOT GOOFY. Centering the story around Adam is the way to go. Slight 10 minutes of what has come before Randor to king. Keldor to Skeletor. Years of peace. Jump 17 years to bratty Prince to coming of age. (enter the first movie plot) soon to be king Adam or He-man (by the third block buster where Randor dies at the end, in that scene that makes you cry like an idiot even after it's done) maybe eliminating the Adam to He-man transformation and just powering up Adam or in essence He-man along the way maybe second movie stuff here. I think about this stuff and I'm always reminded how excited I was to go see the first movie, and how upset I was leaving...

If they don't take a steaming one on the property in general, I'll be happy.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

I truly respect origins ..like what it was in the beginning.. ..and I have a vast historical knowledge so I can easily and flamboyantly pick apart the 'salad bar' of stories out there, and I did this in length before I started putting a pen to paper, (and I use a pen), but not having the character changes in Adam and Adora would not be a good story, or nearly as good a story as it should be.

However, for those of you that like jungle-He-Man..
    Go on youtube, look up 'Korgoth of Barbaria', and ask yourself WHY WAS THIS NOT A LONG RUNNING SHOW INSTEAD OF JUST A PILOT????

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think we will need Orko for the kids and Prince Adam with some powerful transformation sequences for this movie. Although I would LOVE an Alcala-style movie and Filmation canon isn't my favorite MOTU canon, but it's what everyone knows. Sometimes it's not what you would personally prefer, but what would work best with the most people.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

With out a doubt Orko will be in this movie. My hope is that they work out the dorkyness of the character but keep the newer cannon around ( where trollans have a lot to do with the sword of power Or has I've heard it called around here the sword of He) I kinda want Orko to be sleeker and more mystical (but still faltering with magic on Eternia for whatever reason)bounced this off a sci-fi guy at work to maybe have him speak in native trollan through symbols and such unless its a major part of the movie or his big laugh scene otherwise to understand him you'd need a phone app to translate. I thought it was cool. We will never see a epic mini comics version of the movie but A guy can dream....

I think Orko could work. He just needn't be used as just a forced joke in an attempt at comic relief. They could actually try and do something interesting with him instead.

As far as what version of He-man I'd like to see. No Prince Adam, no see for me. I'm not interested in a Filmation-like film, but I do want to see the characters I recognise from the show and the 200X show. I'd maybe point more towards 200X for tone, but a bit more mature and yet still be able to take most of the family to see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

I LOVED the story of the 200x series first 3 episodes (sans the weapon twirling). That would be a perfect movie in my eyes. It has 3 parts, sets up the "human" connections as well as the sword, the castle, the sorceress, Skeletor's threat etc. While I love the Alcala mini comics the best, the 200x series really started off well... I could see that as a movie quite easily!
    I will NEVER believe that Mermista beheaded Mer-Man! You sit on a throne of lies.... and smell of beef and cheese, bio writer!!!!

Orko is a great parallel to Hordak.

..just as pink-fluffy-blunnies are to three-eyed-drogs.

Orko is a great parallel to Hordak.

..just as pink-fluffy-blunnies are to three-eyed-drogs.
    That's what I was just thinking

A re-tweeking of the beginning of 200X would work . I want Orko to be a serious character too BUT you know they are going to throw something in there if they can . I'm seeing a floating Jawa with dull purple/red outfit losing the "O" and NO pupils big hat, pointy ears, long fingers.

O' yes, the O stays.
    How else would you identify a Trolan with a scarf covering their face.

..in my work I put a lot of creative thought into the nature and practises of Trolans.

O' yes, the O stays.
    How else would you identify a Trolan with a scarf covering their face.

..in my work I put a lot of creative thought into the nature and practises of Trolans.
    So why doesn't Montork have an M and Dre-el a D? you wanna throw something in along the lines of the "O" being trollas version of the Scarlet letter to shame him well that works for me, but doesn't make much sense why they would have Orko Come to Eternia if that were the case. either way yea Terry Rossio

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    So why doesn't Montork have an M and Dre-el a D? ...yea Terry Rossio
    ..they do in my version.
    ...(also it spells do)

I think this Terry guy looks like me, but older.
    Can't say he thinks like me. Maybe.

I can see all your points about Adam. I would rather the hero be more fully formed than another origin movie, though. We got enough of those already. While the 1987 movie had many flaws, I like how it was more the end of the epic story rather than the beginning: with He-Man and Skeletor already established as enemies and their "life-long battle" was fought many times over. I think a quick, LOTR-like prologue at the beginning would be enough to bring the audience up to speed on the origins. Better yet, have a quick montage of images of the origin during the opening credits like the Incredible Hulk movie.

Maybe Adam can still be quickly referred to in the prologue or whatever, but start the movie as He-Man in an epic struggle to stop the forces of evil from controlling the universe. Alcala-style.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Heroic Warrior
    I was thinking, Would it be necessary for Adam to transform back and forth to He-Man and back, or would it be acceptable for Adam to become He-Man permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I can see all your points about Adam. I would rather the hero be more fully formed than another origin movie, though. We got enough of those already. While the 1987 movie had many flaws, I like how it was more the end of the epic story rather than the beginning: with He-Man and Skeletor already established as enemies and their "life-long battle" was fought many times over. I think a quick, LOTR-like prologue at the beginning would be enough to bring the audience up to speed on the origins. Better yet, have a quick montage of images of the origin during the opening credits like the Incredible Hulk movie....
    Honestly, I'd be fine with an origin story. Provided they do something different, maybe like in Conan where it shows the character evolving over the course of the entire movie. Or they handle it like the LOTR movies; Part 1 could see Adam being chosen by the Sorceress to fight Skeletor for the other half of the Power Sword, Part 2 could take some influences from the MYP Snake Men and Part 3 could be focused on the Second Ultimate Battleground.

Heroic Warrior
    You mean the guy who wrote Aladdin, Pirates and Shrek?
    "You killed Captain Clown, YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN"-Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by manowar View Post
    I was thinking, Would it be necessary for Adam to transform back and forth to He-Man and back, or would it be acceptable for Adam to become He-Man permanently.
    He-Man and She-Ra should definitely remain as they are.
    It should take a greater magic to transform them back.

Heroic Warrior
    Marlena crash lands on Eternia - pursued by a shadow beast soon after then rescued by Randor. they romance and quickly marry, Marlena becoming pregnant. Randor/Keldor begin to have a Thor/Loki dynamic under Miro, who dies soon after, leaving the throne to Randor.

Duncan. leader of the eternos army, reports dogfights his forces are having with mercenaries under the leadership of exiled Count Marzo. Keldor and Randor also fight Marzo a la Anakin/Obi Wan until Marzo imprisons Keldor and "seduces him to the dark side" in a manner of speaking

Marzo, answering to the dying Batros, a renegade Horde member from Etheria, is a devotee of the ancient Horde religion has a cult leader influence on Keldor - "You can be more powerful than any of them" while Keldor grows more wicked and studies more of the Horde than Marzo ever has, , Keldor's outcast Gar status fomenting this.

Keldor begins to recruit mutants, pirates and monster-humans from all corners of Eternia and builds an army to fight Randor. He summons Hordak who leads an assault on Eternos, where the kidnapping of Adora takes place.

Hordak disappears with her, but in a fit of rage, Randor launches an onslaught on Keldor, so savage, it disfigures Keldor (cauldron rather than phial of acid falls on his head or something)

Fast forward nineteen years to a period of civil war where Randor, weakened and betrayed, relies on his old friend Duncan to lead his ramshackle cybernetic army (all the heroic characters could be here, Fisto, Meckaneck etc and all in ManAtArms armor colours.)

teela fights alongside Duncan, putting life on the line while Adam is protected by the royal couple.

Duncan learns of the long lost Grayskull myths and that Adam, could be the key. It takes Teela to be kidnapped for Duncan to kidnap and force Adam and his advisor Orko to locate Grayskull, Duncan, in desperation, inadvertently helping Adam fulfil his family prophecy and becoming He-Man.

Cue He-Man behind-kicking scene then credits. There's your first movie.

'He-Man Begins'
    Last edited by Gragar; October 31, 2013 at 09:09am.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gragar View Post
    Marlena crash lands on Eternia - pursued by a shadow beast soon after then rescued by Randor. they romance and quickly marry, Marlena becoming pregnant. Randor/Keldor begin to have a Thor/Loki dynamic under Miro, who dies soon after, leaving the throne to Randor.

Duncan. leader of the eternos army, reports dogfights his forces are having with mercenaries under the leadership of exiled Count Marzo. Keldor and Randor also fight Marzo a la Anakin/Obi Wan until Marzo imprisons Keldor and "seduces him to the dark side" in a manner of speaking

Marzo, answering to the dying Batros, a renegade Horde member from Etheria, is a devotee of the ancient Horde religion has a cult leader influence on Keldor - "You can be more powerful than any of them" while Keldor grows more wicked and studies more of the Horde than Marzo ever has, , Keldor's outcast Gar status fomenting this.

Keldor begins to recruit mutants, pirates and monster-humans from all corners of Eternia and builds an army to fight Randor. He summons Hordak who leads an assault on Eternos, where the kidnapping of Adora takes place.

Hordak disappears with her, but in a fit of rage, Randor launches an onslaught on Keldor, so savage, it disfigures Keldor (cauldron rather than phial of acid falls on his head or something)

Fast forward nineteen years to a period of civil war where Randor, weakened and betrayed, relies on his old friend Duncan to lead his ramshackle cybernetic army (all the heroic characters could be here, Fisto, Meckaneck etc and all in ManAtArms armor colours.)

teela fights alongside Duncan, putting life on the line while Adam is protected by the royal couple.

Duncan learns of the long lost Grayskull myths and that Adam, could be the key. It takes Teela to be kidnapped for Duncan to kidnap and force Adam and his advisor Orko to locate Grayskull, Duncan, in desperation, inadvertently helping Adam fulfil his family prophecy and becoming He-Man.

Cue He-Man behind-kicking scene then credits. There's your first movie.

'He-Man Begins'
    A studio is not going to make a He-Man film that does not have He-Man in it until a split second before the end credits.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    A studio is not going to make a He-Man film that does not have He-Man in it until a split second before the end credits.
    Maybe more than a split second scene - and a studio might make this if it was the first part of a trilogy that then sired a sequel showing He-Man at his prime then a third Snake-Man movie.

Bish, bash, bosh. Bluray box set for Christmas 2020 please!

I think we all agree that the movie needs to be set up first BUT there is NO WAY they will do a movie with He-man in less then 3/4 th of it I like your set up to skeletor although I would hack the recruitment part. Hordak would be a vision or a myth set up by a younger randor and keldor during a sparing match in some field outside the castle at best. You gotta show randor defeating keldor, With some kind of warning of the future and cut to the rest of the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Prince of Eternia View Post
    Agreed. We need He man in the movie otherwise what is the point?
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.