Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Rossio is working on the script !

I still haven't seen John Carter. I think Chu being off is mixed blessings personally. We could get someone better, but we could get someone worse. People took to GI Joe 2 more than they did the previous one and I just don't see MOTU bagging a great established director.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Jon M. Chu on Twitter this AM:
    @jonmchu
    sat with @TheRock to discuss #GIJoe3 . He surprise bear-hugged me when I arrived and I LITERALLY thought I was being attacked by a bear.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

If chu is still on OH well But this sounds like he's not. especially if he's just talking with Dwayne still besides gi joe 2 was still leaps and bounds better than gi joe 1 maybe gi joe 3 will be a great flick and he'll make masters EPIC!!!
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

DeVon Franklin himself confirmed that Jon Chu is no longer on MOTU duties. I just hope they find a better replacement. I mean, I was actually quite optimistic with Chu’s appointment, but I do acknowledge that there are much better directors out there. However, I do think that Chu is seriously going places. I foresee that he's going to get a lot of high-profile gigs in the future. So good luck to him.

I still think we have to keep in check out expectations for the film and that includes the director. Even if we get lucky and the director seems promising (I seriously doubt we'll see recognisable and established name director though), I don't see MOTU being much more than just an entertaining popcorn movie. I'd happily eat my words, but at the same time I'd be fine with with a straightforward action packed, sci-fi/fantasy movie if it's genuinely enjoyable. At least it would be fun and possibly reinvigorate MOTU in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

An Official Announcement

Wow, here we are, a month later, and only now an official announcement has been made. This is from the Hollywood Reporter:

'Lone Ranger' Co-Writer Tapped to Write 'Masters of the Universe' (Exclusive)

Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing the project, which at one point was going by the name "Grayskull."

Terry Rossio, the co-writer of The Lone Ranger, has been tapped to work on Masters of the Universe, Columbia’s big-screen take on the popular 1980s Mattel toyline.

Escape Artists’ Todd Black, Jason Blumenthal and Steve Tisch are producing the project, which at one point was going by the name Grayskull.

John M. Chu, the helmer of G.I. Joe: Retaliation, is no longer attached to direct.

While the Dolph Lundgren-starring 1987 movie brought the heroes to Earth, Universe will be set on Eternia, just like the mythology of the toy and classic 1980s cartoon series.

If you need a quick refresher of the series, take this in: Universe centered on a blond warrior named Prince Adam who, when uttering the magic words, "By the power of Grayskull -- I have the power," turned into the heroic He-Man. He and his allies -- Battle Cat, Man-at-Arms and Orko -- defended their planet Eternia from the evil forces of Skeletor, who tried week after week to conquer the fortress Castle Grayskull, which imbued He-Man with his powers.

Michael Finch and Alex Litvak, as well as Richard Wenk worked on previous drafts.

The project is being overseen at Columbia by Hannah Minghella and DeVon Franklin.

Mattel is a partner on the movie and executive producing on behalf of company are Julia Pistor and David Voss.

Rossio is at ease in the big-budget world of fantasy tentpoles having co-written the Pirates of the Caribbean movies with Ted Elliott. Among his other credits are the two Antonio Banderas-starring Zorro movies (both with Elliott).
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...d-write-644438

So Devon Franklin is actually overseeing the project! Didn't know that until now. So that's why he seems to be so involved. They've now got a writer with some clout on this. Let's hope they can attract a director with some, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Krueger View Post
    Wow, here we are, a month later, and only now an official announcement has been made. This is from the Hollywood Reporter:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...d-write-644438

So Devon Franklin is actually one of the producers! Didn't know that until now. So that's why he seems to be so involved. They've now got a writer with some clout on this. Let's hope they can attract a director with some, too.
    beat me to it by a minute!!! can't believe we got the scoop so early before this!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I changed my initial post. Franklin isn't producing, but he is overseeing.

I think this could work. The guy knows how to write swashbuckling, humor, mythology, magic, and keeping it all fun! And if he shakes up the origin a bit: GREAT!!

A live-action copy of the FILMation series would be the death of it, MotU could use some fixin up.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    We're doomed I tells ya! Doooommmed!

That shows DeVon tweets are to take seriously.
    The news seems to say He recently starting to write the script when in fact He is finishing the script,maybe He already did that.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    ..well

I did think Zorro was well thought up.
    ..and Ive said before I like Lone Ranger ..(waiting for RawHide).
    Also pirates, from Penzance to Treasure Island are awesome.

So maybe the 'GreySkull movie will be ok.
    At least it may have some good writing, although writing isn't everything.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    That shows DeVon tweets are to take seriously.
    The news seems to say He recently starting to write the script when in fact He is finishing the script,maybe He already did that.
    So 2015 could be a go then, i hope so. Avengers 2 and motu release in 2015 would be awesome, id take motu movie any day too.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Quote Originally Posted by lorde trooper View Post
    So 2015 could be a go then, i hope so. Avengers 2 and motu release in 2015 would be awesome, id take motu movie any day too.
    You seem to be forgetting the first part of a new trilogy of some little known sci fi franchise. I forget what it's called, probably not important...
    MOTUC: What we need NOW:
    KARG, Eldor, Horde Troopers, NA Skeletor, Sagitar

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Well The Chu haters are going to be thrilled.

Rossio sounds good. He knows big-budget fantasy, action and swordplay. MOTU sounds encouraging...but now we need a new director.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

The Lone Ranger was a horrible waste of money for me (my ticket cost) and the studio (Disney execs said as much). I don't think this brings much hope to the table for me. It does, however, show the project is moving ahead which I'm glad for.

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I'm hoping for Joe Dante as the director.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    I'm hoping for Joe Dante as the director.
    Gremlins? Why?

I have serious doubts that this thing is ever going to happen. Bummer.
    Say cheese!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    I still think we have to keep in check out expectations for the film and that includes the director. Even if we get lucky and the director seems promising (I seriously doubt we'll see recognisable and established name director though), I don't see MOTU being much more than just an entertaining popcorn movie. I'd happily eat my words, but at the same time I'd be fine with with a straightforward action packed, sci-fi/fantasy movie if it's genuinely enjoyable. At least it would be fun and possibly reinvigorate MOTU in general.
    All we really need is an entertaining popcorn movie. That's what Bay's Transformers is for the masses, and what we need is a film that appeals to the masses and makes lots of money. That will reinvigorate the franchise and lead to other media/toys that are geared more for the 30-year-old fanboys and girls.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Stop changing and make the damn movie already!

I'm happy that Terry Rossio is coming on as a writer. His script for both Aladdin and Shrek were pretty good, and he was Oscar-nominated for adapting Shrek.
    Master Sebrian for MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    All we really need is an entertaining popcorn movie. That's what Bay's Transformers is for the masses, and what we need is a film that appeals to the masses and makes lots of money. That will reinvigorate the franchise and lead to other media/toys that are geared more for the 30-year-old fanboys and girls.
    No, we don't.
    We need a well made movie with an intelligent script.

Not a brainless park ride. Take a damn good look at Michael Bays movies. They did brought a lot of money, but the general consensus among the public is that those movies are utter JUNK and it did NOT lead to ANYTHING that's geared more toward fans.

Widget
    Wish it were somehow feasible to get Peter Jackson to do it; he's not a perfect director across genres, but he's more than proven himself in the fantasy realm with the LOTR universe, bloated as the movies may be.

The most important thing I take from this news is that, with the hiring of this particular writer, it means that Sony is actually taking MOTU pretty seriously. They blatantly want it to be their next big franchise.