Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Terry Rossio is working on the script !

Good Thing! Can't wait!

no ted elliott?
    WISHLIST: Green and Purple Mask of Power demons, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Prince Dakon, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Widget
    Good news!!! I didnīt like Gi joeīs movies.

But, by the other hand, we will keep waiting this movie without any idea if it can really come true or it will stay as a project forever.

My opinion... please someone convince Petter Jackson to take it!!! He or Guilherme Del Toro are the perfect choose to make He-manīs movie!!!

If the movie finally happens, I hope it's not released before 2016 at the earliest. 2015 is already stacked up with Avengers 2, Supes/Batman and Star Wars 7. As well as so many other sequels to other known franchises.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Heroic Warrior
    If Terry Rossio applies his Shrek or Aladdin skills it might turn out to be an ok script. Looking at his credits though it seems for every good movie, he wrote two lousy ones.
    If he drops as low as Long Ranger or even worse to Pirates 2-4 levels of writing we might as well stay home...

If this movie ever gets made i am afraid it will be on par with gi joe or transformers: sometimes nice to look at but overall too loud, too flashy and too stupid.
    The worst that could happen?
    It makes the ī87 Movie look like Oscar-material.

I hope i stand corrected in the latter half of the century

This is like 1 step forward, 2 steps back. They get rid of Jon Chu, a horrible director that made a POS GI Joe movie, but then bring the guy that has written such crap as the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Lone Ranger onto the project. Add the fact that Rossio is in his 50's and probably knows absolutely ZERO about the property save for maybe the 1987 movie poster, and this does not bold well.

Every great movie requires one essential ingredient. An amazing script.

I still have very little hope for this movie.
    TOP WANTS:

SONGSTER, CAMO KHAN, LODAR, EVIL ROBOT, DARIUS,

If this is movie is on par with Transformers 1 and 3 I would be more then satisfied. Not sure why all the hate on the Transformers franchise from fanboys when it made an astounding amount of money world wide and were fun with awesome special effects. Sure the writing isn't all that amazing, but these movies are based on children's sci-fi cartoons from the 80's, what do you want Hamlet?
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swind15 View Post
    If this is movie is on par with Transformers 1 and 3 I would be more then satisfied. Not sure why all the hate on the Transformers franchise from fanboys when it made an astounding amount of money world wide and were fun with awesome special effects. Sure the writing isn't all that amazing, but these movies are based on children's sci-fi cartoons from the 80's, what do you want Hamlet?
    "Based on children's..." EXACTLY! So what I DON'T want is leg-humping minibots, over-sexed subplots between Pretenders and humans, and Ebonics speaking bots. And that's just the top of the list.

So to translate that into MOTU terms... I hope Orko doesn't get an erection every time he sees Teela and I don't want Adam soiling his drawers when he sees the Sorceress. I want the characters to be well defined and relate-able. Heroes to be heroic, villains to be evil, action and effects to be fantastic and huge, and a plot that doesn't sieve through a colander.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

All three Transformers movies were D quality flicks with an A-level special effects budget. I'd prefer a B quality movie with a B level budget. It doesn't have to be Hamlet, but I'd prefer if it rose above the level of mindless dreck.
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Andredwt View Post
    He or Guilherme Del Toro are the perfect choose to make He-manīs movie!!!
    DeVon Franklin ‏: "love Guillermo. Not sure he's avail but absolutely will consider!"
    Check out all DeVon tweets on He-Man movie :https://twitter.com/newhemanmovie
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    In no way will they be able to please all of us with a movie.

I'm going in to it with no expectations other than I better see a transformation sequence.

I don't like the Pirates movies, but I don't feel that really has anything to do with the writing. They are huge though in popularity overall. Love Aladdin. Liked Little Monsters as a kid. Shrek is fun. So, who knows!

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Defo taken a step back here,new writer and now once again no director.....
    I would personally like to see them take on the story off the original mini comics where oo-lar becomes He-man and not the transforming prince,bring in a director that can work with dark overtones,much like Nolan when he done Batman Begins or Burton with Batman '88.
    Too much colour and links too the cartoon and we could end up with a movie like the three Spiderman movies,successful as they were the films themselves were awful,the darker tones are probs what makes the re-boot better(just).
    Trying to bring in Jackson,Del Toro and the likes is probs not gonna happen as they like big budgets to work with and as we seen with the re-boot with Spiderman,sony like to keep things simple.
    Who ever comes in as director it has to be someone that has basic knowledge of the history and story lines of He-Man,or we could end up with another line killing movie.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by karg182 View Post
    You seem to be forgetting the first part of a new trilogy of some little known sci fi franchise. I forget what it's called, probably not important...
    Star Wars isnt going to be taking up all of 2015 and i know there are some major releases, ive read that August is a possibility, and with Devon pretty open with some of the responses im hopeful it will happen. Reading some of these posts there are lots of negative responses, i know people have opionions but i will rate it once it comes out.
    Last edited by lorde trooper; October 9, 2013 at 06:13am.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Mars Base Division ae_productions's Avatar
    Here's a problem with MOTU as a movie.

Those who grew up with MOTU, be it the 200x or Filmation versions, are grown up now. Adults. The audience will WANT a stronger narrative, universal themes and a more adult tone.

For MOTU to be a success, it will need to be something with an intelligent narrative that caters to the adults, NOT to the children. There's enough fantasy in this universe to appease the kiddies. No need to go filmation slapstick style. Or the formulaic 200x style.

Keep the film on Eternia. Keep the scope grand. Avatar made a lot of money cause it gave audiences something they never saw before. No, I'm not talking about the story, cause Avatar was too comfortable and too familiar in that realm. Avatar gave audiences their first real "experience" on an alien world. Keep MOTU on Eternia. Get a good creative team in that will create a full on alien world on the level of Avatar. Then, story wise, give us something as grand as Lord of the Rings in scope, scale and imagination.

I know it's hard to fathom, cause we're all MOTU fans, but many non MOTU fans I know see this universe as silly. Kids stuff. And they don't take it seriously. Which is a part of the reason why MOTU never reached the heights other icons in it's era achieved.

Potentially, a good MOTU film will change the way people think of MOTU. It will make this an IP that can compete and kick the crap out of BayFormers. I don't think much will touch Star Wars in 2015 or 2016 (there will be one Star Wars film every year from 2015 to 2019), but it can give it a run for it's money.

If it's done right. If MOTU gets dark. Serious. It could be epic.

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ae_productions View Post

Those who grew up with MOTU, be it the 200x or Filmation versions, are grown up now. Adults. The audience will WANT a stronger narrative, universal themes and a more adult tone.

For MOTU to be a success, it will need to be something with an intelligent narrative that caters to the adults, NOT to the children. There's enough fantasy in this universe to appease the kiddies. No need to go filmation slapstick style. Or the formulaic 200x style.

Keep the film on Eternia. Keep the scope grand. Avatar made a lot of money cause it gave audiences something they never saw before. No, I'm not talking about the story, cause Avatar was too comfortable and too familiar in that realm. Avatar gave audiences their first real "experience" on an alien world. Keep MOTU on Eternia. Get a good creative team in that will create a full on alien world on the level of Avatar. Then, story wise, give us something as grand as Lord of the Rings in scope, scale and imagination.

I know it's hard to fathom, cause we're all MOTU fans, but many non MOTU fans I know see this universe as silly. Kids stuff. And they don't take it seriously. Which is a part of the reason why MOTU never reached the heights other icons in it's era achieved.

Potentially, a good MOTU film will change the way people think of MOTU. It will make this an IP that can compete and kick the crap out of BayFormers. I don't think much will touch Star Wars in 2015 or 2016 (there will be one Star Wars film every year from 2015 to 2019), but it can give it a run for it's money.

Good words, im on the same page in the way of thinking how id like to see the movie aswell.

- - - Updated - - -

Good words, im on the same page in the way of thinking how id like to see the movie aswell.
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

Heroic Master of Music baileyrecords's Avatar

I'm in agreement with this as well. I don't think we should get out hopes up that this can be obtained but I am a dreamer.

The biggest contrast between MOTU and other properties (TF, SW, Joes) is that MOTU has not enjoyed a toy line longevity. We can't count MOTUC on Matty because that's not a commercial success in stores. SW, TF, and GI Joe have rarely been missing from toy aisles since their debut in the 70s/80s. Even a midst bad economies and in-between films or tie-in programming, these toy lines have been represented on some scale to the masses... MOTU has not enjoyed that experience and I think that will doom the project. Licensing is a huge money maker for franchises and Mattel has done little to show that it has faith in the MOTU brand outside of direct sales rapage and pillaging.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in agreement with this as well. I don't think we should get out hopes up that this can be obtained but I am a dreamer.

The biggest contrast between MOTU and other properties (TF, SW, Joes) is that MOTU has not enjoyed a toy line longevity. We can't count MOTUC on Matty because that's not a commercial success in stores. SW, TF, and GI Joe have rarely been missing from toy aisles since their debut in the 70s/80s. Even a midst bad economies and in-between films or tie-in programming, these toy lines have been represented on some scale to the masses... MOTU has not enjoyed that experience and I think that will doom the project. Licensing is a huge money maker for franchises and Mattel has done little to show that it has faith in the MOTU brand outside of direct sales rapage and pillaging.
    I am Stratos, Heroic Master of Music! and proud member of the Ohio Masters

Please check out my Kaiju Kaos: Smackdown Kickstarter going on now until Feb 12th. Thanks!

I for one am now feeling more positive about the movie. I never felt Chu was the right man for the job. He is far too much like Micheal bay with the garish as hell lighting and everybody shiny, sweaty and caked in makeup and stuff just happening.

I feel the Zorro, Lone Ranger and Pirates guy is a step in the right direction I think but i don't think we can expect too much of a heavy hitter for a new director.

I think the someone like Thor Freudenthal the Director of Percy Jackson or even Louis Leterrier who Directed Clash of the Titans and Inc Hulk would be the level we could look at here.

I watched Clash of the Titans again this weekend and I think this is kind of the standard we can hope for. Yes I would like John Carter level of standard or Lord ofteh Rings but that will not happen.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    No, we don't.
    We need a well made movie with an intelligent script.

Not a brainless park ride. Take a damn good look at Michael Bays movies. They did brought a lot of money, but the general consensus among the public is that those movies are utter JUNK and it did NOT lead to ANYTHING that's geared more toward fans.
    Yes they did. And how.

The movies might not be Citizen Kane with robots, but those movies' success led to Transformers getting tons of new content featuring their favorite characters. Loads of toys, cartoons, novels, books, comic books, artbooks, statues, video games, etc. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are household words and toy aisle staples. Kids know of those characters, rather than anyone over 30 years old. Thanks to those movies, Transformers is bigger than it was in the 80's. And they were dumb popcorn flicks.

I think we would like to get a Lord of the Rings caliber tale, but in reality we might as well shoot for something fun like Pirates of the Carribean.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

He-Man.org Forum Admin TheShadow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes they did. And how.

The movies might not be Citizen Kane with robots, but those movies' success led to Transformers getting tons of new content featuring their favorite characters. Loads of toys, cartoons, novels, books, comic books, artbooks, statues, video games, etc. Optimus Prime and Bumblebee are household words and toy aisle staples. Kids know of those characters, rather than anyone over 30 years old. Thanks to those movies, Transformers is bigger than it was in the 80's. And they were dumb popcorn flicks.
    Absolutely agree with you. Plus, I really do not think the consensus with the general public is that the movies are junk. Maybe the consensus around old-school Transformers fans...

What we as long time MOTU/POP fans need to remember is we got to experience the property when it launched. We are the originals. We experienced the magic of this property first hand. We've had our day. Would it be awesome if this new movie continues our love? Absolutely! However, this may end up being a film that gets a massive audience involved that includes inducting a whole new crowd of children to the property. Will it be the same property? Probably not, but it will still share some aspects of our beloved original and I think that is pretty cool.

No matter what happens with the movie, we will always have our experiences from the 80s that can never be erased.

Just released 10/6/2013: EPISODE 55 of Masters Cast!
    The He-Man & She-Ra Podcast at www.masterscast.com

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yes they did. And how.

I think we would like to get a Lord of the Rings caliber tale, but in reality we might as well shoot for something fun like Pirates of the Carribean.
    Very true. Fans have a tendency to put the object of their desire on a pedestal that it doesn’t really belong on. Is MOTU really worthy of a multi-film LOTR style epic? TBH, that’s debatable. A lot of us would say it is, but we all wear rose-tinted glasses to some extent. I think the POTC films are a very good benchmark to set. The fact that they’ve got one member of the writing team for that franchise should give us a good idea of what kind of film Sony wants to give us. Not every film needs to be like TDK. Nor should they be.
    Last edited by Krueger; October 10, 2013 at 08:25pm.

I'd be very happy with something of the level of the Pirates movies. They were a lot of fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

this people interpret movie gets delayed because Jon chu is out ,I don't think so.

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Heroic Warrior Eternian-King Paul's Avatar
    Delays are not surprising, Masters is not an easy thing to make

Historian of Eternia LORD FALLEN ELDOR's Avatar
    Iwhat do you want Hamlet?
    Skeletor is he-man's uncle...So yeah...I kinda do want shades of hamlet. I also want a little Star Wars mixed with Frazetta.
    Anybody with an ounce of talent and creativity could make a trilling action packed emotionally engaging script.
    http://kotaku.com/why-fanboys-act-like-jerks-1563379006

'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" (Matthew 22:36-40).

I say sit this guy down in a room with Sam Rami and Tim Burton. Have them watch the first 10 episodes of the Filmation He-Man, She-Ra & the MYP series. Show them a slide show of the graphic novel DC has out, and tell them the target audience is 25-40 married males with kids, so make them want to spend money.