Thread: New to the Boards - From the DEEP South

Widget

New to the Boards - From the DEEP South

Hey everybody, Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I am a regular poster on other forums like fwoosh and tfw, and only recently discovered both he-man and this forum! I'm a collector from Mississippi....haven't really run int any other figure collectors down here lol.

I was always a huge comic book fan growing up (i'm 28 now) - mostly Marvel but also a little D.C. About 8 or 9 years ago I stopped collecting comics because I had actual RL bills to pay and money wasn't as easy to just spend (And also I was running out of space to put the comics). Then back in 2011 I was on my way to Birmingham and I stopped at the toys r us in meridian to check out the games they had on sale. While walking down the Isle I saw the Return of Marvel Legends Thor sitting on the shelf. I was like, "Wow this figure is really cool...I wonder if anyone reviews action figures so I can know if it will be a good purchase?" I had no idea that reviews much less communities that were into action figures existed (I should have, I mean come on its the internet). When I googled it the first thing that came up was Itsalltrue.net. I decided to get it, and it's been the awesomest downward spiral ever! Also, I think back and laugh about not having enough space for comic books when I look at my action figure collection .

So I started off getting the new line of ML, only two waves were out then I think. Then I went back and ebay'd a significant amount of toybiz ML's and some of the old spider-man classics line. Then, much like you, I was walking down the shelf at another Toys R Us this time in Birmingham (I should probably stop going out of town...) and I saw the wave 20 Green Arrow. Man that figure looked cool. Thus began a DCUC mad sprint to get as many of my favorite characters from DC as I could. I've always also really enjoyed Anime, even though I haven't watched much of it in the last few years, so once i discovered S.H. Figuarts it felt like my eyes were opened to a whole new level of toy design. Hand swaps, head swaps, and flight stands all in one package? To good to be true. I ended up getting all of the S.H. Figuarts DBZ figures and a large majority of the Gundam Robot Damashii figures as well (And a few other random figures like pokemon or megaman). Then of course I saw a review of a masterpiece transformer on the front page of fwoosh. BOOM hooked. I only have a few masterpiece Tformers but i did pick up most of the beastwave line just because it reminded me of beastwars...good times. Fast forward to the end of DCIE. Pretty disappointing that DCUC was going away, it had become one of my favorite lines. People on the DC Boards @fwoosh were, like me, upset but they were saying at least they had MOTUC. I never really knew that much about it, other than the few He-man animated shows I had seen when I was a kid and maybe a few random 200x ones. THIS LINE!!! ^_^ Everyone was super nice and helpful on the forums and the big lots sale really helped me jump in. So far I have loved every figure I have gotten! Now I really feel like I got gypped on some of the DCUC figures when I see the quality and care that went into these figures. They are just amazing. I don't have a ton of them but the ones I have I LOVE! I just ordered Trapjaw, Man at Arms, and Stratos so really looking forward to those coming in tomorrow (Amazon prime is the best). This figure line is shaping up to be one of my favorites for sure.

Well that turned out longer and more "testimony" than I thought it would Anyway, just wanted to introduce myself and i'm looking forward to posting on these boards

SEIEN

From one southerner to another let me just say howdy. I am relatively new myself (don't let the join date fool ya), but welcome aboard!

Brassy Baroness
    On behalf of He-Man.org's admin, staff, and moderators, allow me to extend an official Hello and welcome to He-Man.org, Seien!! We're very glad to have you join our site hope you have a fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

Please be sure to read over the rules for posting here when you have an opportunity. Most of them are pretty easy to follow.

We hope you really enjoy your time here! Welcome!
    Trust me, trust me, be a'right,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die,
    Sign' blood or fool night,
    Drink a little poison 'for you die.

Welcome to the Org, Seien!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Master of New Adventures!
    On behalf of those that aren't He-man.org's admin, staff and moderators, allow me to extend an unofficial Hello and welcome to He-man.org, Seien. We're very glad to have you join the site. Hope you have fun time discussing Masters of the Universe and Princess of Power here.

You'll find those admin, staff and moderately are awesome people that selflessly give of their time to keep things running smoothly and that they're patient and understanding -- after all, they somehow manage to put up with me.

Hope you really enjoy your time here. Welcome!
    Last edited by Heeeere's Olesker!; September 12, 2013 at 09:39pm.

Brassy Baroness
    lol!!! That was awesome.

Welcome to He-man.org. Hope you enjoy your time here.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Inspired by you, Judith.

And as an aside, I'll take the opportunity to express how gracious I feel it is of you to welcome new orgers. I know it's time-consuming and I have no doubt that you have a full plate in many other areas of your life. But I am confident that your welcoming them makes new members truly feel appreciated right from the start. I believe your taking the time to welcome new members is indicative of the high quality and friendliness of he-man.org. You represent the board, admins and mods so well. Thanks for your efforts and for helping to make he-man.org the special place it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    lol!!! That was awesome.

Brassy Baroness
    Thanks Heeeere's Olesker! That's kind of you to recognize this. I appreciate it.

Well deserved,

Quote Originally Posted by Judith View Post
    Thanks Heeeere's Olesker! That's kind of you to recognize this. I appreciate it.